• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday $30 1y PS+ deal confirmed for Amazon, GS, BB, TRU, Walmart, & Fry's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try redeeming my Amazon code online, get "This Prepaid Card cannot be redeemed on a PC". Try it on my PS4, it shows that the code is for 1 year of PS+, loads for a bit, and then either errors out or goes to the main PS4 menu.

Check my services, still no year of PS+. Annoying. Here's hoping the code hasn't been invalidated or something through all this...

exact same thing happening to me.. I once got to the "confirm" screen, but then it errored out. Hope the card isn't burned now..

-PXG-

Got two from GS. I'm good until Janurary of 2016, lol

But goddamn Sony, fix your fucking servers. I want to buy stuff

UNCMark

Banned
On one hand I'm happy I got 2 cheap codes from Amazon for PS+, but then on the other hand I'm incredibly skeptical of Sony's ability to run a reliable network.

Arttemis

So I got my code on amazon - after a few attempts i was finally able to load the PSN store. Hit redeem code, enter my code - 'An error occurred.' - try a few more times, works and shows me the confirmation page with the sub for $0.00, click confirm, 'An error occurred.' try to re-redeem code, 'An error occurred' a few more times. Called customer support because I'm worried my code was marked redeemed when I didn't actually get the sub, go through the phone menu, rings once then automated 'we can not answer your call try again later' and it hangs up on me - multiple times. Do they seriously not even have a hold system in place?

This is the problem I am having. :(

Can't redeem either, error message (Amazon code), and PSN Store seems down. When will Sony EVER get its shit together???

The PlayStation Network seems to be down across the board right now. I can't redeem my Plus subscription codes, activate BioShock Infinite DLC, or activate/download digital copies of games I've purchased.

Try redeeming my Amazon code online, get "This Prepaid Card cannot be redeemed on a PC". Try it on my PS4, it shows that the code is for 1 year of PS+, loads for a bit, and then either errors out or goes to the main PS4 menu.

Check my services, still no year of PS+. Annoying. Here's hoping the code hasn't been invalidated or something through all this...

Ditto.

Zee-Row

Banned
Just for fun I went to see if I could by a PS+ on PSN and Sony still hasn't changed the price. I got 3 last night from Gamestop and newegg just in case.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Besides it not being totally down, is there a reason people are going for Amazon vs the PSN store?

DedValve

Banned
I'm not going to jump on the Amazon PS+ deal just yet, I hope I don't miss out on it.

Is PSN going to have any more flash deals? So far the black friday sales seem really, really, weak. Especially when practically everything is on sale on 360.

coldfoot

Banned
Euro launch seems to have completely fucked PSN.
I hope Sony brings PSN up to snuff with all this new PS+ money...I'm willing to accept less games if they'll fix their network.

UNCMark

Banned
Besides it not being totally down, is there a reason people are going for Amazon vs the PSN store?

Amazon is more reliable
5 dollars of video store credit per code
No tax
I had 5 dollars in PSN credit from the Buy 2 get 1 free sale
Did I mention Amazon was more reliable than Sony?

CoG

If you're on your 1 month trial of PSN+ does the code tack a year starting at the end of your trial or would it start today?

UNCMark

Banned
Euro launch seems to have completely fucked PSN.
I hope Sony brings PSN up to snuff with all this new PS+ money...I'm willing to accept less games if they'll fix their network.

Yep, it appears Sony's network has run into the perfect storm - Euro Launch + insanely good Black Friday PS+ and PSN deals. I hope they don't get Wahlberged.

k4n3

Banned
if you still have time left on you're PS+ and you put in a code does it just extend it? or should you save the code till yours runs out?

Surprised to see some many baffled that Sony isn't offering this on their official site. Isn't it the norm for retailer discounts to be given by the retailer and not necessarily available when purchasing directly from the manufacturer?

Ahh crap. The same thing happened to me and I was planning on redeeming it on my PS3 when I get home. I hope there isn't some fuckery going on. It makes no sense that you can buy these things, get online codes, enter them on the official site in the official area to enter codes, yet it turns out that's actually the incorrect method and can lead to seemingly invalidating the code.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Just got a code on Amazon. :)

It appears that the PS Store servers are being absolutely crushed as their website is returning errors.

Stupid question: How long can I sit on these codes without using them? I wouldn't think they'd expire, but I've never been in that situation before.

Just got a code on Amazon. :)

It appears that the PS Store servers are being absolutely crushed as their website is returning errors.

Stupid question: How long can I sit on these codes without using them? I wouldn't think they'd expire, but I've never been in that situation before.
I don't think they will expire anytime in the foreseeable future, you would be safe to wait a day or two.

zruben

Banned
does anyone know if these will work with a "mexican" PSN account?... does it count as an NA account or not?...

thanks in advance!

I purchased PSN cards on Amazon and filled my account with it hoping the deal would show up on the SEN first. I'm not getting a refund on that lol

Me too. I got that HP 20% off gift card deal last night so I got 100 bucks worth of Gamestop money. I successfully got codes for 2 $20 cards, now they have screwed me on the third (waiting for code over 11 hours now). So all my brilliant plans have been foiled by GS and SEN. I dont even like writing their name together.

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
i got a code on amazon, do the codes expire? i want to start using it next year when more gems come out on the ps4

CzarTim

Same :-/

I'm good until 2017 now! Woo hoo! I was happy Amazon let you use the $5 credit from their earlier promotion.

Hey... When buying from Amazon's PSN store, does anyone else have to put their CC info every time? It's kind of annoying.

I purchased two codes, which gives me psplus, counting my current sub, for the next three years.

Will undoubtedly be another such deal by then. I'll wait till this weekend to redeem them, due to the Euro ps4 launch fubaring the network.

Screw it, bought another code off Amazon. If the Gamestop order goes through, I'll see if someone who wanted the deal and missed it wants to buy it off me. If it doesn't, fine. Either way, that was both my first and last experience ordering anything off the Gamestop website.

Why the fuck does Sony not let me enter a code on my PC? This is pathetic from a customer service point of view.

Could be because of the PSN issues, but I got an error message a while ago that the code could not be redeemed on a PC.
Now that I think about it, last time I got a PS+ code I think they made me enter it on the console too. It is weird. Maybe they want to make sure people without a Playstation system aren't cashing these in just to take advantage of the instant game collection for later, but that seems like a strange thing for them to care about. As long as they're getting paid why should it matter?

MercuryLS

Banned
I put in the digital code on my PS4 but when I got to the download screen to accept it gave me an error. Now I can't use the code again and PS+ wasn't added. Am I screwed?

Is there a downloads list I can check?

Chorazin

Anyone else waiting on Gamestop to "review" their PS+ order? I caved and ordered a year from them before Amazon for went live. Got my Amazon code just fine.

Ocelott

I put in the digital code on my PS4 but when I got to the download screen to accept it gave me an error. Now I can't use the code again and PS+ wasn't added. Am I screwed?

Is there a downloads list I can check?

Same i swear if this code doesn't redeem i will rage

my Vita gets the redeem process down to the finish line before erroring out.

this really sucks. i don't understand why PSN can be up and working normally but redeeming PS+ codes could be broken.

has anyone else made any purchases on the store?

UNCMark

Banned
I'm good until 2017 now! Woo hoo! I was happy Amazon let you use the $5 credit from their earlier promotion.

Hey... When buying from Amazon's PSN store, does anyone else have to put their CC info every time? It's kind of annoying.

Standard procedure for buying digitally from Amazon.

jacobeid

Banned
Decided to only buy a year so I'll be good until 2017. Going to wait a day or two to redden the code with the way these posts are going.

got my code from Amazon but after hearing about these issues I think I'm going to wait until next week to redeem it, maybe things will be ironed out by then. Did you guys get the $5 Amazon video credit via email or is that not part of the deal anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom