• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday $30 1y PS+ deal confirmed for Amazon, GS, BB, TRU, Walmart, & Fry's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried connecting to the US PS store on the PS4 and I'm greeted by a wall of blue with no way of exiting unless I log out of the PS4... wtf? Is the PS+ deal that popular? Or are the servers being hammered by the European launch?

Chorazin

my Vita gets the redeem process down to the finish line before erroring out.

this really sucks. i don't understand why PSN can be up and working normally but redeeming PS+ codes could be broken.

has anyone else made any purchases on the store?

Because every smart gamer with a PS3 or a Vita or a PS4 is trying to redeem those codes?

EDIT: My code went through earlier today, just keep trying. Until it goes through all the way it'll stay good.

coldfoot

Banned
So how do I check my PS+ subscription from PC? I redeemed the card and it errored out (timeout) and now it says it's been redeemed.

Shadow780

Now that I think about it, last time I got a PS+ code I think they made me enter it on the console too. It is weird. Maybe they want to make sure people without a Playstation system aren't cashing these in just to take advantage of the instant game collection for later, but that seems like a strange thing for them to care about. As long as they're getting paid why should it matter?

Maybe they want to make sure the players are in their actual ecosystem buying more stuff and not just getting free games each month. But yeah it's dumb we can't redeem it through the web.

vg260

got my code from Amazon but after hearing about these issues I think I'm going to wait until next week to redeem it, maybe things will be ironed out by then. Did you guys get the $5 Amazon video credit via email or is that not part of the deal anymore?

Not yet:
Purchase a 1-Year PlayStation Plus Membership before 11:59PM PST on November 29, 2013 and get a $5 Amazon Instant Video Credit. Customers will receive an e-mail notification within 48 hours after their order is complete with instructions on how to redeem the $5 AIV credit. The promotional credit must be used by December 31, 2013.

x-Lundz-x

So how do I check my PS+ subscription from PC? I redeemed the card and it errored out (timeout) and now it says it's been redeemed.

I'm sure your fine, same thing happened to me two weeks ago. Once PSN was back it was fine.

I just bought two years myself from amazon. Good stuff.

Nice tag btw ;).

vg260

Yeah, It's in the services list (or whatever it's called) on the PS3/4 which is not obvious. Needs to be more easily accessible via the web.

reKon

Banned
European launchb is causing the issues. With the US we saw the same type of issues when redeeming codes and trying to connect. Everything should smooth itself out in a couple of days.

DMczaf

Oops, wrong thread.

HOWEVER, I was going to post in this thread! My code from Amazon isn't working. I'm getting an error everytime I get to the last step. Come on Sony -_-

Tried connecting to the US PS store on the PS4 and I'm greeted by a wall of blue with no way of exiting unless I log out of the PS4... wtf? Is the PS+ deal that popular? Or are the servers being hammered by the European launch?

Same here. Behold, the wonders of the digital age.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
European launchb is causing the issues. With the US we saw the same type of issues when redeeming codes and trying to connect. Everything should smooth itself out in a couple of days.

Yeah, if it's anything like the NA launch PSN won't be reliable until after the weekend.

gatti-man

I'm not buying multiples at 30 a year. I'm sure this deal will happen again next year. Do the codes expire quickly? I want to wait out all this mess to redeem it.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I'm not buying multiples at 30 a year. I'm sure this deal will happen again next year. Do the codes expire quickly? I want to wait out all this mess to redeem it.
They don't expire quickly so you should be safe holding on to it.

Anyone know how to cancel a Gamestop order? I ordered the year of PS+ by accident but don't have the option to cancel on order history. I'd like to take advantage of the deal on PSN but it seems they still dont have the deal up yet for some reason.

Otheradam

Been trying to redeem on and off for the past hour. Got to the last confirm page a few times but never went through. Giving up for now.

I got my Amazon code instantly, but my GS code hasn't showed up in my email yet -_- Honestly everyone should just be patient, and wait to redeem your codes. EU is destroying PSN right now lol.

Amazon wont "sell out" of these right? If there isn't going to be a direct PSN sale, I want to at least get one off of there, but I want to wait til things calm down a little bit (and confirm for sure no PSN sale)

harSon

Banned
Gamestop fucked me over. During their technical downtime yesterday, I guess one of my orders went through even though the page said it failed. I got a confirmation email but no code within a followup email or on the order page. I don't want to buy one somewhere else since digital codes cannot be refunded, and I can't get through to Gamestop since it's being slammed from other callers -_-

Raw64life

Bought one on Newegg last night. Would really prefer to get a couple more from the Sony store because of their deals and the $10 card I got with my PS4 but I'll just get one more from Amazon if they don't come through.

Should I pick up a PS Vita? I looked at the library of games, not impressed.

Playstation Plus makes it worth it. Granted I caught great deals at Walmart ($200 for the 3G model w/free year of PS+) and Best Buy ($45 for the 32GB card) but I haven't spent a dime on the system since and the free games just keep rolling in.

Keyouta

So, what about this deal in Canada? I'm looking on Amazon and I'm not seeing it. Checked Sony's online shop too and I can't find it.

Sagitario

does anyone know if these will work with a "mexican" PSN account?... does it count as an NA account or not?...

thanks in advance!

Mexican accounts don't count as American accounts.
I can tell you tonight if a Mexican code works for an American account. If it does, it should be the same for what you are asking. XBL Gold codes aren't region locked, only the points/$ are, so I'm hoping this works the same.

Hoodbury

I don't own any playstation devices yet. Plan on getting a PS4 sometime next year. Is there any reason why I shouldn't stock up on a couple of these now?

Prothero

Neo Member
I just got my code from GameStop. I placed my order at about 1:30 A.M. EST, almost noon here now. Just wanted to give a heads-up -- anyone else getting theirs?

I just got my code from GameStop. I placed my order at about 1:30 A.M. EST, almost noon here now. Just wanted to give a heads-up -- anyone else getting theirs?

Not yet. My order went through at right around the same time, though.

Same here, I ordered it 4 hours ago. Email says can take up to 12 hours. Why does it take 12 hours to send a digital code???

I dunno, but it's been 10 hours and 30 minutes and I haven't received mine yet.

Ordered mine at 12:10 EST. Still no code. This is for a 3rd $20 PSN card I bought. Gave me first 2 then went to review on 3rd. Not like I am missing the SEN sale or anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom