• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday Video Game Deals 2008

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Amazon Haul:

$20 3x Left4Dead (PC) [For friends and me :D ]
$5 3x Nyko PS3 controllers
$5 1x PSP Headphones w/ remote control
$15 1x MGS: Essential Collection
$18 1x Team Fortress 2 (PC) [For friend]
$130 1x Arcade 360 Bundle
$3 1x DDR3U + Pad ^

$277 shipped

Newegg:

$10 8GB Kingston USB stick

Probably should of grabbed dead rising and some other stuff, but I think I am pretty set.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I got Tales of Vesperia for $19.52 from Gamefly with their $10 Black Friday coupon and an outstanding $5 coupon I already had. :D

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Hazaro, where is that Kingston 8GB USB stick for 10 bucks on Newegg?

Anyone see any good deals on digital cameras or gaming headset/mics I can get for PC?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
chespace said:
Hazaro, where is that Kingston 8GB USB stick for 10 bucks on Newegg?

Anyone see any good deals on digital cameras or gaming headset/mics I can get for PC?

That 8GB stick is long gone.
Also buy a USB logitech like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/Logitech-Desktop-Microphone-USB-MIC-Silver-980186-0403_W0QQitemZ220312356499
No drivers, just plug it in and play, very very good quality.

Jtyettis said:
Eh, what time did they have that running? Crazy deal.

Not sure, it popped in and out of stock. Pricing error that will probably go through. (If I did this earlier it might of shipped today, one of my orders already is shipped. Crazy fast.
:D
28lxrsw.jpg

Armored Core For Answer for $19.99 PS3 with sale and employee discount at Gamestop. Damn, that the answer. I missed out on radioshack's $29.99 dualshock controllers

gray_fox224

Hazaro said:
That 8GB stick is long gone.
Also buy a USB logitech like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/Logitech-Desktop-Microphone-USB-MIC-Silver-980186-0403_W0QQitemZ220312356499
No drivers, just plug it in and play, very very good quality.

Not sure, it popped in and out of stock. Pricing error that will probably go through. (If I did this earlier it might of shipped today, one of my orders already is shipped. Crazy fast.
:D
28lxrsw.jpg

I want this as well, but I've heard that the mic has problems on Vista 64.

I'm not seeing HEAVENLY SWORD in the deals section anymore, looks like I missed it. Bummer, really wanted to pick this one up...Am I missing something?

Mindlog

HamPster PamPster said:
Hey, how good is the dell 420?
http://www.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/desktops_great_deals?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

What could I play with those base specs? (all I really want is civ 4 and lego batman)

I imagine most will say build your own but my current dell is 5 years old and I've no problems with it and when my wife's laptop had problems dell service was really good

You literally take just about every spec in that machine, cut it in half and that's what I play Civ 4 on :lol

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
I'm not seeing HEAVENLY SWORD in the deals section anymore, looks like I missed it. Bummer, really wanted to pick this one up...Am I missing something?

Sold out it seems. But check back, they have been refreshing every once in a while.

duffey

HamPster PamPster said:
Hey, how good is the dell 420?
http://www.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/desktops_great_deals?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

What could I play with those base specs? (all I really want is civ 4 and lego batman)

I imagine most will say build your own but my current dell is 5 years old and I've no problems with it and when my wife's laptop had problems dell service was really good
I have basically that same machine but with an 8800GT and a larger hard drive and it's run everything with absolutely no problems. I have no idea how good that card is but if all you want is those two games you should be more than fine.

MorisUkunRasik said:
Looks like that circuitcity 360 deal (20 gig harddrive extra controller) has been online for a while. MIGHT WANNA CHECK to see if the store around you have it in stock. If you buy it online I think you have a couple days to actually go to the store and pick it up. HAVING IT SHIPPED TO YOU IS NOT AN OPTION

The deal is back up online, some stores have been re-stocked and you can now get it shipped to your home for free (10 day shipping=(, but you can more extra for faster shipping.)

360deal.jpg

Purchase while it lasts

Mindlog

That's a pretty crazy deal.

Not as good but if you purchase an arcade at amazon you get $50 off the live starter pack.

Basically a Pro + 3 months of Gold for $250

On the PS3 side they are giving away Resistance 2 CE and cabling for $399.

Amazon basically seems to be at an 'everything must go' stage. Crazy deals.

Ariexv

I thought all the deals ended yesterday but the 360 arcade deal is still up on circuitcity.com. When does it actually end? Hopefully I can wait till their arcades are jaspers and still get the deal....

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
DeadFalling said:
Anybody elses $20 L4D get delayed?

Delivery estimate: December 17, 2008 - December 23, 2008
Delivery estimate: December 3, 2008 - December 4, 2008

Ordered 3 copies through 1 click about 8 seconds after it went up.

Hazaro said:
Delivery estimate: December 3, 2008 - December 4, 2008

Ordered 3 copies through 1 click about 8 seconds after it went up.
God damn. It's probably people like you (hording) that cause these delays... (lol)

Anyways this sucks, it seems like mine is the only order that got delayed. Can't find anyone else who is experiencing these delays. :(

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I ended up getting:

Infinite Undiscovery - $19 from Amazon

Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Uncharted, and the 360 version of Saints row 2 - $90 from Gamecrazy

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
DeadFalling said:
God damn. It's probably people like you (hording) that cause these delays... (lol)

Anyways this sucks, it seems like mine is the only order that got delayed. Can't find anyone else who is experiencing these delays. :(

I think there was another 1 or 2 people.

If I was hoarding I would of bought another 3 copies on my other account. :lol

DeadFalling said:
Anybody elses $20 L4D get delayed?

Delivery estimate: December 17, 2008 - December 23, 2008

You probably had it in your cart checking out after they ran out of copies already so you are getting their next shipment or shipment after next. I looked for it at like 2:15 am CST and it was already gone so very likely you were one of the last ones to get the price, but not the shipment.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
faceless007 said:
Wait WTF? I scoured every list in the days before BG looking for 360 deals and I never saw that?

Edit: Oh now I see. System glitch. Nice if it works!

It's shipped :D

mr stroke

GS's B2G1 used comes out really nice online-

just picked up-

Gears 2
Fable 2
MC:la

for $83 shipped :)

broke but too good to pass up...

hc2

One more deal:
Best Buy has a GH3:Legends Of Rock With 2 Guitars bundle. $79.95. All 3 platforms.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9074299&st=9074262%2C+9074235%2C+9074299&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1218016141288

Get loud and legendary with the Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock Exclusive Special Edition Bundle, featuring two incredible guitar controllers to get you rocking like a pro. Put your shredding skills to the test in dozens of history's biggest, loudest rock songs, including Welcome to the Jungle, Rock You Like a Hurricane and Mississippi Queen. Challenge the legends of rock and roll in intense boss battles, while new multiplayer modes, including the arcade-inspired Guitar Battle mode and the dual-shredding co-op Career mode, give you exciting ways for you to get your groove on.

freshair

Picked up:
Dead Space 360 ($29.99)
Left 4 Dead 360($39.99)
Resistance ($14.99)

X360 Pro $298.99 - 10%(ebay coupon) - 25%(buy.com cashback) +$21 tax= $216 :D

My black Friday haul:

Items not yet shipped:
Shipping estimate: December 4, 2008 1 of: Sonic Unleashed
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Items:
Delivery estimate: December 4, 2008 - December 9, 2008 1 of: Apple iPod touch 2G Active Case - The Clear Case (Crystal Clear)
Sold by: BoxWave Corporation (seller profile)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Items not yet shipped:
Shipping estimate: December 3, 2008 1 of: Apple iPod touch 32 GB (2nd Generation)

Items not yet shipped:
Shipping estimate: December 4, 2008 1 of: Heavenly Sword
1 of: Philips 6.5-Inch Digital Photo Frame (Clear & Black)

Items shipped on November 29, 2008:
Delivery estimate: December 5, 2008
1 package via USPS 1 of: Okami
1 of: Persona 3 FES with Soundtrack CD and Artbook

And the $270 1080P monitor from newegg.com

I bought exactly 1 thing (the photo frame) for someone else. I feel pretty bad spending so much on myself when I was supposed to be xmas shopping... Oh well.

At least I didn't see that $130 360 deal or I would have picked another one up as a spare. I have a friend at work who was looking for a good Xbox deal too - he's going to cry when I tell him.

:lol

_Angelus_

Banned
S4020027-2.jpg

All 3 for $60.00 total,not bad I guess. More than anything they were games I needed to pick up for ages.

I hope BurnOut Paradise is as good as this forum makes it out to be,I haven't bought an EA racer since Need for speed III. Sega Rally Revo I was abit miffed with its rubberband a.i. when it released and quickly sold it for high value,decided to jump in because hell I love the franchise,maybe it'll click this time around. TRA I always put off buying so now was the time. Not anything new here,but nice little deals anyways. I got them at WalMart,they had a bin full of $20.00 games,it was a fucking mess fighting soccer moms and kids for the games though.

I kinda feel like a tool after this year's Black Friday. I was really only looking for a deal on Left 4 Dead (PC), but I missed it for $35 at Gogamer and $20 at Amazon. So I ended up buying a couple CDs from Amazon (somewhat discounted, but not really BF deals) and a CD and Need For Speed: Most Wanted from CDUniverse (again, not really a BF deal, but they were decent prices and I got $5 off for using Google Checkout). I'm sort of getting the feeling that I've played right into the hands of the retailers since I didn't get in on any of the insane deals, but bought a bunch of stuff anyway.

Ah well. I'm calling it quits after today, unless another good price on L4D pops up.
Though a cheap copy of Mirror's Edge would certainly be tempting. Or a discount on Castlevania:OoE. Or an ultra-low price on some older 360 or DS games. Aww who am I kidding, my wallet is screwed...

Angelus said:
I hope BurnOut Paradise is as good as this forum makes it out to be,I haven't bought an EA racer since Need for speed III. Sega Rally Revo I was abit miffed with its rubberband a.i. when it released and quickly sold it for high value,decided to jump in because hell I love the franchise,maybe it'll click this time around. TRA I always put off buying so now was the time. Not anything new here,but nice little deals anyways. I got them at WalMart,they had a bin full of $20.00 games,it was a fucking mess fighting soccer moms and kids for the games though.
Paradise is a damn fun game. Even if you run into the common frustration (lack of retry on races), the gameplay up to that point will be well worth $20, and the DLC adds quite a bit of new content. Hope you enjoy it!

So, I got Gears of War 2 AND Fallout 3 both for a total of 34 bucks. They were 20 bucks each at Target, plus I opened a credit card and got 10 extra percent off (plus I got my employee discount since I work there).

See, there were some other 360 games on sell for 20 bucks for the 2 day sale and the guy at our store was substituting other 360 games for the ones we were out of. He was letting customers do the same thing so I asked if I could do it, too and he didn't see why not. So I saved almost 100 dollars. I was pretty freaking excited.

bbsting120 said:
So, I got Gears of War 2 AND Fallout 3 both for a total of 34 bucks. They were 20 bucks each at Target, plus I opened a credit card and got 10 extra percent off (plus I got my employee discount since I work there).

See, there were some other 360 games on sell for 20 bucks for the 2 day sale and the guy at our store was substituting other 360 games for the ones we were out of. He was letting customers do the same thing so I asked if I could do it, too and he didn't see why not. So I saved almost 100 dollars. I was pretty freaking excited.

What? I wish my target did stuff like that. Damn, I want fallout 3 for $20. :(

Top Bottom