• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday Video Game Deals 2008

Shadow780

DeadTrees said:
At 6 AM EST, toysrus.com will activate a code that will take $25 off an order of at least $50.

That catch is that you have to pay via PayPal.

FINALLY! I can get Eternal Sonata now for $30ish

Thanks!

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
DeadTrees said:
At 6 AM EST, toysrus.com will activate a code that will take $25 off an order of at least $50.

I picked up Mirrors Edge using this deal. I'd originally wanted the disc-only version of Rock Band 2 but it's out of stock on their site. I'm hoping to do the whole Wal*Mart exchange rigmarole with my copy of Mirrors Edge...not because I don't want to play it mind you. I'm just wanting to wait for the PC version.

Timo

360 arcade with Guitar Hero 3 for $200 at wal-mart. My point of interest was this snippet on the side of the box:

2j0h0k9.jpg

You see component cables!? Because there were not any! I knew there wouldn't be, but I had a tinge of hope. Ah well. I also ordered the Korg DS-10 online at Amazon for 25. And that does it for me.

Shadow780

Minotauro said:
I picked up Mirrors Edge using this deal. I'd originally wanted the disc-only version of Rock Band 2 but it's out of stock on their site. I'm hoping to do the whole Wal*Mart exchange rigmarole with my copy of Mirrors Edge...not because I don't want to play it mind you. I'm just wanting to wait for the PC version.

Strange I'm keep having error messages...

Redd

Finally done, one of my best Black Friday's so far.

- 360 Arcade Bundle with extra wireless controller and 20gb hard drive $199
- Bioshock 360 $19.99
- Dead Rising $9.99
- Brothers in Arms $17.99
- Samsung 10.2MP Digital Camera $69.99
- Dead Space 360 $30
- Dual Shock 3 $30
- 3 Avirex hoodies $19.99 each

The games are gifts are for friends Christmas gifts but the rest are all mine.:D

DeadTrees said:

just used that to get the PS3 version of sonic unleashed for about $25 (had to add a $3 item for it to be over $50)

also when i checked out paying with paypal was greyed out but it still gave me the discount after i put in the promo code

Grecco

Picked up CHINESE DEMOCRACY at Best Buy this morning. Woke up at 530am. Also got a copy of Farcry 37 bucks for it couldnt pass up. Got some christmass lights for my dad 20 boxes actually. Got back by 730am. Did ok for myself i think :)

Well I wrapped up my Black Friday Purchases (all 360):

Simpsons - $9.99
Dead Rising - $9.99
Saints Row - $9.99
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway - $17.95
Infinite Undiscovery with Gift - $19.95
The Club - $14.95
Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.95
Lost Planet Extreme Condition: Colonies Edition - $19.95
Too Human - $19.95

Whoot! :D

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Shit, I don't see De Blob or Boom Blox discounted at Amazon right now

Everdred

Redd said:

- 360 Arcade Bundle with extra wireless controller and 20gb hard drive $199
- Bioshock 360 $19.99
- Dead Rising $9.99
- Brothers in Arms $17.99
- Dead Space 360 $30
- Dual Shock 3 $30
- 3 Avirex hoodies $19.99 each

The games are gifts are for friends Christmas gifts but the rest are all mine.:D
Where did you get the camera?

HocusPocus said:
Well I wrapped up my Black Friday Purchases (all 360):

Simpsons - $9.99
Dead Rising - $9.99
Saints Row - $9.99
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway - $17.95
Infinite Undiscovery with Gift - $19.95
The Club - $14.95
Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.95
Lost Planet Extreme Condition: Colonies Edition - $19.95
Too Human - $19.95

Whoot! :D

I hate you... No one had the simpsons by me :(

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Now I know why I don't do shopping on this day.

I went to Gamecrazy to get Assassin's Creed X360 for $9.99 and maybe another game. Went there at opening...took them fucking 80 minutes to get to me and I was maybe 15th in line. Then I find out the X360 version is out but they have the PS3 version. I picked it up since I waited so damn long. Then they wouldn't let me do the buy 1 get 1 free deal cause it's already discounted. Bullshit. I picked it up but I just might return it cause I'm pissed now that I'm reading that they were suppose to honor it.

Also, their return policy is 7 days for new games. lol what

Anyone score the DS3 for $30 at Radio Shack? I woke my ass up early to head down there but don't want to waste a trip if they only have like 1 in stock.

Wario64 said:
Now I know why I don't do shopping on this day.

I went to Gamecrazy to get Assassin's Creed X360 for $9.99 and maybe another game. Went there at opening...took them fucking 80 minutes to get to me and I was maybe 15th in line. Then I find out the X360 version is out but they have the PS3 version. I picked it up since I waited so damn long. Then they wouldn't let me do the buy 1 get 1 free deal cause it's already discounted. Bullshit. I picked it up but I just might return it cause I'm pissed now that I'm reading that they were suppose to honor it.

Also, their return policy is 7 days for new games. lol what
How come I did not here of this, DAMN!

woke up about 8am, got to best buy about 9, picked up Ninja town, and waited in line for about 3 minutes. :D :D

went to target, and got a rain check for Boom Blox.

I am now done. :D

Well, after some 5 AM Walmart griefing with friends I nabbed myself Dead Space for $30 at Target--won't play it for a while but I couldn't pass up such a deal and a chance to support the whole 'new EA' shenanigans. Also, hooray for jewelry desks--the line in Target was snaking around the whole store so we went to the jewelry department, bought a cheap ring so we could check out there with no wait, and then went to the service desk with a tiny line and returned it immediately. 1 hour saved! :D

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
biggyfries said:
Hmmm... I didn't even think of this!

I'm just going out to brave the stores now. I ordered Dead Space on amazon last night. I may try to nab FarCry 2 at Best Buy. Here's hoping anyway...

OldJadedGamer said:
Anyone score the DS3 for $30 at Radio Shack? I woke my ass up early to head down there but don't want to waste a trip if they only have like 1 in stock.

I ended up picking up a flyer from Radio Shack (they were sold out) and got it price matched at Wal-Mart.

Oh, and I got Dead Space price matched too.

RoboGeorgeForeman said:
I ended up picking up a flyer from Radio Shack (they were sold out) and got it price matched at Wal-Mart.

Oh, and I got Dead Space price matched too.

I have one walking distance from my house so just walked the dog down there and they had them in stock in the store. Actually had 5 in stock and I bought 2 just because I couldn't pass it up. I'll sell it to a friend or something.

I was thinking on the way home how overpriced controllers are for all the systems and this is how much it should be normally.

robot

Picked up Okami for $15 on Amazons Gold Box, plus De Blob for $25 and Shaun White for $30. I think this is the first time I've bought a Wii game since Mario Kart. Lot's of great 360/PS3 game deals on amazon, sucks that I own most of them already.

soldat7

Okami Wii and Official Wii Component Cable = $29.90 and free shipping.

I can't complain about that (and in my underwear to boot). Thanks Amazon!

Edit: Okami deal is gone btw.

damn, I just missed Okami. Oh well. I picked up Pure (360) and Resistance: FOM from amazon and a $30 dual shock 3 at walmart (price matched radio shack ad).

Not sure if anyone has spotted this, but at ToysRUs.com the PC version of Prince of Persia is 29.99. I don't know if it's a mistake or what. Can't use paypal to buy it for some reason, so you can't get it with their 25$ off deal, but the price is pretty awesome and it has free shipping too.

Just got back from Gamestop with Armored Core 4 Answer, Drakengard 2, Ghost Hunter, Rygar, and Suikoden III.

$50

I'd have gotten more but I've got a car payment and rent due by the end of this weekend. =(

Linkhero1

I guess I'm done. I wanted Animal Crossing Wii but I hesitated to buy it. Hopefully they'll put it back on sale.

My purchases:

Wario Land Shake It! - $29.99
Dead Rising - $9.99
Just Cause - $3.00

Irnbru

OldJadedGamer said:

They were sold out at the RadioShack near my house, they guy told me someone went in and just about bought all 5 they had in stock, so they let me buy it for $30 today and pick it up tomorrow, really cool customer service if you ask me.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
OK, so I'm skipping Too Human then. How about Brothers in Arms - Hell's Highway? The demo seemed pretty solid, I thought, but the game has received middling reviews. Worth $18?

Redd said:

Damn! Where was this? Daughter wants a Samsung 10.2mp cam. Best I saw today was $119.00
Doh!!

pr0cs

dark10x said:
OK, so I'm skipping Too Human then. How about Brothers in Arms - Hell's Highway? The demo seemed pretty solid, I thought, but the game has received middling reviews. Worth $18?
Yeah BIA:HH is pretty good, for $18 it's a no brainer.
But then for some people who are sensitive to framerate (like yourself) maybe not. The game is pretty fun though. I rented it but if I could get it for $18 I'd bite to add to the collection. Finally a UE3 game that isn't loaded with greys.

FrankT

Timo said:
360 arcade with Guitar Hero 3 for $200 at wal-mart. My point of interest was this snippet on the side of the box:

2j0h0k9.jpg

You see component cables!? Because there were not any! I knew there wouldn't be, but I had a tinge of hope. Ah well. I also ordered the Korg DS-10 online at Amazon for 25. And that does it for me.

Grabbed one as well. Also got Indiana Jones on Blu Ray for $15.

1-D_FTW

biggyfries said:
woke up about 8am, got to best buy about 9, picked up Ninja town, and waited in line for about 3 minutes. :D :D

I am now done. :D

That's one dead store. I went to Best Buy at 11:30 AM last year and the store was still packed. The checkout lines went to the back of the store and you were packed person to person in the aisles. You basically shuffled to where the herd took you. And that was my vow to never again go shopping on Black Friday (in-store.)

Top Bottom