• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday Video Game Deals 2008

jiggle

I don't get it
why not just get the PS3 for 250 with the sony card?
just pay it all off right away and cancel that sucker right after

Mindlog

goldenticket said:
im in the same boat

banana boat :D

My earlier estimates of online sales availability have been vastly exceeded. I've been surprised at the number of great deals BEFORE BF even started. The number of post feast transactions that have poured out of our home today would make any consumer whore proud.

Hell I'm just about done with my Christmas Shopping.

Teknoman said:
Where are you guys finding the Amazon listings?

Nevermind, was looking in the wrong place.

EDIT: So say I add all I want from the black friday sale to my cart now. If I refreshed said when the sale went live, would the prices change over automatically? Please say yes.
If you are trying to get that PS3, I don't think it will work because it's only the people who amazon chose.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
jiggle said:
I don't get it

Shadowlink, did you know about that deal?

goldenticket said:
so circuit city opens at 5am when should i realistically be there to get the 360 arcade with 20gig hard drive deal?
It's your choice, if you really want a 360, then give it a shot :D

Costanza

Banned
goldenticket said:
seriously or joke?
Really it depends on where you're at. In a busy metro area there's probably already a huge line at your store. Somewhere not so busy and you might be better off.

Drive past and take a look.

Click

Banned
jiggle said:
I don't get it

In case anyone missed my post 2 pages back, here's a repost:

Click said:
Honestly, PS3s have always had a huge discount... it's just that you need to sign up for and be approved for a Sony Card. It used to be $100 credit back, but now, it's a $150 credit or $250 for a PS3:

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/gateway/?offerlink=sr50

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...0151&langId=-1&categoryId=8198552921644604396

Then there's a new deal that gives you back $200, but you have to spend $1,500 within roughly 4 months to get this deal:

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...0151&langId=-1&categoryId=8198552921644595898

Xevren said:
Every time I wanted something on Black Friday from there I had to start camping around 11pm in hopes to get what I wanted.

thanks for the info. i will not be shopping on black friday after all.

Looks like that circuitcity 360 deal (20 gig harddrive extra controller) has been online for a while. MIGHT WANNA CHECK to see if the store around you have it in stock. If you buy it online I think you have a couple days to actually go to the store and pick it up. HAVING IT SHIPPED TO YOU IS NOT AN OPTION

Teknoman

Shadowlink123 said:
If you are trying to get that PS3, I don't think it will work because it's only the people who amazon chose.

Nah, im just trying to get Animal Crossing Wii speak bundle, Left 4 Dead PC (we can return the CC one we bought earlier this week), and possible Infinite Undiscovery and De Blob. Maybe Dead Space.

MorisUkunRasik said:
Looks like that circuitcity 360 deal (20 gig harddrive extra controller) has been online for a while. MIGHT WANNA CHECK to see if the store around you have it in stock. If you buy it online I think you have a couple days to actually go to the store and pick it up. HAVING IT SHIPPED TO YOU IS NOT AN OPTION

GREAT FUCKING LOOK, sir.

This works for me; I just bought it and will pick it up tomorrow. Hopefully, it's no muss no fuss. Thanks, dude!

ruxtpin

Banned
Would anyone recommend the new Brothers in Arms over Heavenly Sword?

Both are 20 dollars, and I've rented HS before and beaten it, but I was wondering if the BiA was worth the price.

ruxtpin said:
Would anyone recommend the new Brothers in Arms over Heavenly Sword?

Both are 20 dollars, and I've rented HS before and beaten it, but I was wondering if the BiA was worth the price.

imo yes, i finished it and enjoyed the game.

McLovin

What's the cheapest 360 Pro system out right now? It don't need any games unless its bundled with Gears 2.
Edit-Also anyone doing a buy 2 get 1 game free deal like last year?

McLovin said:
What's the cheapest 360 Pro system out right now? It don't need any games unless its bundled with Gears 2.
Edit-Also anyone doing a buy 2 get 1 game free deal like last year?
You should go to Circuit City, they have a xbox arcade with a 20GB HD for $199.99

Chris R

bune duggy said:
Fred meyer has a 20% coupon for all games tomorrow. Though if you don't live in the pacific northwest, I guess that doesn't really help.
ALL games? PC included?

Might have to make the trip to my local store to see what they got going on :lol

McLovin

Shadowlink123 said:
You should go to Circuit City, they have a xbox arcade with a 20GB HD for $199.99
o_O they still sell 20gb? I thought it was Arcade/pro(60gb)/Elite. Still a good deal.. I'll check it out.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
HocusPocus said:
Well so far I've got the following:

Brothers in Arms Hells Highway for $17.95 at Amazon.
Saints Row at BestBuy.Com for $9.99.

You got ripped off.
Saints Row is $9.99 at Amazon tomorrow
with no extra sales tax!

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Valkaryia , where are the deaaaals ( i need online ) :(

I regret selling the JPN version. :(

Mindlog

MorisUkunRasik said:

called it!

After Amazon our Christmas shopping is just about done :D Didn't plan on heading out tomorrow, but the local book store is having a hell of a sale. Going to stock up :]

@ What time you need to line up. It depends on the city you live. However, after the first or second big year people have literally had their Thanksgiving Dinners in line waiting so I said to hell with that. Most of them just pawn the stuff off on E-Bay. The advent of e-sales just turns the internet into a giant woot-off with bags of crap tearing down servers at the appropriate hour :lol

Mindlog said:
My earlier estimates of online sales availability have been vastly exceeded. I've been surprised at the number of great deals BEFORE BF even started. The number of post feast transactions that have poured out of our home today would make any consumer whore proud.

It's weird, I haven't really bought much new of anything since Warhammer Online came out save for King's Bounty over Gamersgate. It sort of "paid off" , if you will , since literally every interesting PC game I had been eyeing has been on sale in the last 24 hours, it seems like.

Save for RA3, which I told my wife to get me for Christmas. She agreed, provided that she can keep the bear hat item for WAR. :lol

Captain N

have these PSOne games always been up on amazon.com?

they are selling some games as new

Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy VII Brady Games Guide
Final Fantasy IX
Chrono Cross

gray_fox224

Captain N said:
have these PSOne games always been up on amazon.com?

they are selling some games as new

Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy VII Brady Games Guide
Final Fantasy IX
Chrono Cross

They've been selling these new for a while.

Top Bottom