• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday Video Game Deals 2008

FrankT

schuelma said:
That 360 Circuit City deal is tempting the hell out of me. Fiancee might kill me though.

Is there any significant difference between a new and refurbished hard drive?

This more or less.

Redd said:
One's new and one works just like its new.

Click

Banned
I'm amazed that out of all these B&M and online stores, NONE has a BF deal on on GTA IV, lol.

The Amazon deals are going to be pretty good. Crysis Collector's Edition for $19.99 at Gamestop is also really good.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Click said:
I'm amazed that out of all these B&M and online stores, NONE has a BF deal on on GTA IV, lol.

The Amazon deals are going to be pretty good. Crysis Collector's Edition for $19.99 at Gamestop is also really good.
Not from what I've seen so far man. The shit stinks there right now. :(
I'm hoping to pick up a charge and play kit for dirt cheap, along with a Nuvi GPS, 16gb memory stick and some games.

Redd

Ahhhh, I didn't get LBP ps3 bundle either. I don't really want anything else besides the mini notebook or the TV.

Click

Banned
Kaako said:
Not from what I've seen so far man. The shit stinks there right now. :(
I'm hoping to pick up a charge and play kit for dirt cheap, along with a Nuvi GPS, 16gb memory stick and some games.

Umm... most of their "preview list" of games (keep in mind that there's going to be A LOT more games on sale) are 40-50% off retail price. What more can you want? 75%+ off? Not very likely man.

But I guess what is considered a good deal or not is subjective and if you don't want any of the games on their preview list, then yeah, you may not think it's a good deal.

Xdrive05

So are there any good PS3 bundles/door busters that are worth going for? The one the OP doesn't seem all that great to me... seems like a sale you would see any time during the year.

I was hoping for something like an 80gig PS3 for $299 or better. Ps3's really the only big purchase I'm interested in for black friday.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Xdrive05 said:
So are there any good PS3 bundles/door busters that are worth going for? The one the OP doesn't seem all that great to me... seems like a sale you would see any time during the year.

I was hoping for something like an 80gig PS3 for $299 or better. Ps3's really the only big purchase I'm interested in for black friday.
No...As far as I've seen that's it. That's why I was really pullin' for that Amazon deal. :(

Grecco

Xdrive05 said:

other than the 400 dollar Best Buy door buster. Nope

ruxtpin

Banned
Picked up Okami for the Wii - 20 dollars from CC and waiting to order Heavenly Sword for 20 from Amazon. I think that'll be all my BF buys.

Mr. Hyde

"If" I manage to win one of the Playstation 3's in the deal tomorrow, I will be picking up Heavenly Sword. I am not sure what else is going on for PS3 game deals.

If someone wants my Amazon PS3 deal they can have it (If get to checkout in enough time). Im usually up at around 6:30pst anyway. I already own a PS3.

199$ gets you

* • PlayStation 3 80GB
* • "Pirates of the Caribbean" Trilogy [Blu-ray]
* • Little Big Planet
* • PlayStation 3 Blu-ray Disc Remote

pretty amazing deal.

Xdrive05

What do you have to do to be entered into the Amazon PS3 deal? I reeeaaaally want that PS3...

Edit: BigBlackGamer, please count me in if you get it. Thanks.

Click

Banned
Honestly, PS3s have always had a huge discount... it's just that you need to sign up for and be approved for a Sony Card. It used to be $100 credit back, but now, it's a $150 credit or $250 for a PS3:

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/gateway/?offerlink=sr50

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...0151&langId=-1&categoryId=8198552921644604396

Then there's a new deal that gives you back $200, but you have to spend $1,500 within roughly 4 months to get this deal:

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...0151&langId=-1&categoryId=8198552921644595898

Mr. Hyde

You had to vote for the deals and then hope to be lucky enough to be accepted to try buying the PS3. I am amazed I got in to try.

Redd

BigBlackGamer said:
If someone wants my Amazon PS3 deal they can have it (If get to checkout in enough time). Im usually up at around 6:30pst anyway. I already own a PS3.

199$ gets you

* • PlayStation 3 80GB
* • Little Big Planet

pretty amazing deal.

You got invited? congrats, here I got the thanks for voting you didn't win email.= (

Xdrive05 said:
What do you have to do to be entered into the Amazon PS3 deal? I reeeaaaally want that PS3...

Edit: BigBlackGamer, please count me in if you get it. Thanks.

it's all yours. ill let you know if I get it tomorrow.

Redd said:
You got invited? congrats, here I got the thanks for voting you didn't win email.= (

yea and i remember last year I didn't get invited to any of the deals. so maybe my luck is turning around. I really wanted the 46" Sammy for 700$ though. maybe I will be get lucky again.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I snapped up Burnout Paradise for PS3. I've been contemplating getting it because of all the free content it has been getting. $20 w/ free shipping was too good to resist.

Damn it, I didn't get in :(, I was actually going to get that PS3 to, Anyone else won that won't buy the PS3, it would be really cool if you gave it to me :D

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Onix said:
I can't believe people voted for that one. It had the worst value.
Who cares? I'd love to be able to buy a system and game I want plus other crap for half the price of the system alone.

Halvie

Banned
BigBlackGamer said:

199$ gets you

* • PlayStation 3 80GB
* • Little Big Planet

pretty amazing deal.

Why wouldn't you just buy that and resell everything?

Xdrive05

I'm already working out the details with BigBlackGamer, guys. And he's not a douche, and I'm compensating him for his effort and generosity.

dork

Banned
dunno if its been posted, but a hidden sale at gamestop.

blu rays (used) are 75% off..yeah 75%...I got rush hour 3 for 3.00

Top Bottom