• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday Video Game Deals 2008

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
AniHawk said:
Fingers crossed I can get that $200 PS3 (which includes LBP).

If not, then definitely $30 Dead Space.

If I can get a $200 PS3 it will be insta buy for me. Like... immediately if I get the deal. LBP or not.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
neoism said:
Anyone know any site selling L4D for $40 360
Uhh... Amazon? They've been doing that forever. I guess it's to balance out the fact that, unlike Steam, you don't get to instantly download the game after you buy it.

edit: Ooooh. 360. I fail. Fry's ad is coming out tomorrow so cross your fingers.

Kagari said:
A couple minutes? I imagine crazy people will be F5ing and crashing Amazon at the same time.
Hopefully I get it but I have a question, do we add each item from the bundle to the cart the time it starts or is there a place we have to go?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Shadowlink123 said:
Hopefully I get it but I have a question, do we add each item from the bundle to the cart the time it starts or is there a place we have to go?

I think they send you an invitation? D: Not sure on that...
And I think you have to vote on the bundle?

AniHawk

goldenpp72 said:
ugh damn gameflop

But if you trade in some games, you can lower the price. Also, when you buy an EdgeCard, you get an extra 10% on the games you trade in and 10% off the used games you buy for a whole year. It comes free when you subscribe to Game Informer which has all the latest news, reviews and previews. You'll get one today and eleven more in the mail. It's usually $14.99 for the year, but if you sign up today, it'll be less because of the money you'll save with the EdgeCard.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
AniHawk said:
But if you trade in some games, you can lower the price. Also, when you buy an EdgeCard, you get an extra 10% on the games you trade in and 10% off the used games you buy. It comes free when you subscribe to Game Informer which has all the latest news, reviews and previews. You'll get one today and eleven more in the mail. It's usually $14.99 for the year, but if you sign up today, it'll be less because of the money you'll save with the EdgeCard.

Like a glove.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
AniHawk said:
But if you trade in some games, you can lower the price. Also, when you buy an EdgeCard, you get an extra 10% on the games you trade in and 10% off the used games you buy for a whole year. It comes free when you subscribe to Game Informer which has all the latest news, reviews and previews. You'll get one today and eleven more in the mail. It's usually $14.99 for the year, but if you sign up today, it'll be less because of the money you'll save with the EdgeCard.

Mr.City

AniHawk said:

Man...it's almost like, the more I trade, the more I save! I can't pass up that deal.

Edit: Oh yeah, it's exactly a Black Friday deal, but Amazon had FarCry 2 on sale for $39 on the PC. A pretty good deal.

hc2

Some good deals: This wil be on Cheap Ass Gamers.

Here is a sneak peak of some of the over 200 deals Amazon will be running on Black Friday. Come back Thursday night for the complete list as well as CAG's Live late-night broadcast: The Black Friday Super Show of Savings!

The deals should go live at 3AM EST on Friday morning.
* Beyond this list, you can expect over 200 deals in total for both the hardcore and casual gamer, including some that are exclusive only to Amazon this Friday.
* The Wii will be back in stock on Thanksgiving afternoon, and at midnight on Black Friday the Wii Fit will be back in stock too.
* The full list of deals will be available here on Thanksgiving night.
* You'll get the heads up on some exclusive Cyber Monday deals on Sunday.

Xbox 360
*Friday Only - Fallout 3 - $39.95 (Reg. $59.99)
*Friday Only - Far Cry 2 - $49.95 (Reg. $59.99)
*Friday Only - Call of Duty: World at War - $49.95 (Reg. $59.99)
Pure - $29.95 (Reg. $59.99)
LEGO Batman - $29.95 (Reg. $49.99)
The Last Remnant - $39.95 (Reg. $59.99)
Infinite Undiscovery - $18.95 (Reg. $59.99)

PlayStation 3
*Friday Only - Soul Calibur IV - $39.95 (Reg. $59.99)
*Friday Only - Call of Duty: World at War - $49.95 (Reg. $59.99)
Pure - $29.95 (Reg. $59.99)
Heavenly Sword - $19.95 (Reg. $59.99)
Resistance: Fall Of Man - $14.95 (Reg. $29.99)
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - $39.95 (Reg. $59.99)

Wii
Wii will be in stock on Thanksgiving afternoon.
Wii Fit will be in stock on Black Friday starting at midnight.
*Friday Only - Guitar Hero Aerosmith Wii - $25.95 (Reg. $39.99)
DeBlob - $25.95 (Reg. $49.99)
LEGO Batman - $29.95 (Reg. $49.99)
Wario Land: Shake It! - $29.95 (Reg. $49.99)
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree - $19.95 (Reg. $29.99)
Animal Crossing City Folk Bundle - $39.95 (Reg. $69.99)
MySims Kingdom - $19.95 (Reg. $29.99)

PC
*Friday Only - Fallout 3 - $29.95 (Reg. $49.99)
Guild Wars Eye of the North - $9.95 (Reg. $29.99)
Spore Creepy and Cute Parts Pack - $9.95 (Reg. $19.99)
Far Cry 2 - $29.95 (Reg. $49.99)

PlayStation 2
Persona 3 FES (PS2) bundle - $29.95
Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection - $14.95 (Reg. $29.99)
God of War - $9.95 (Reg. $19.99)
God of War 2 - $9.95 (Reg. $19.99)
PlayStation 2 Limited Edition LEGO Batman Bundle - $99.95 (Reg. $149.99)

PlayStation Portable
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - $14.95 (Reg. $29.99)
Metal Gear Portable Ops - $9.95 (Reg. $19.99)
N+ - $9.95 (Reg. $19.99)
God of War Chains of Olympus - $19.95 (Reg. $39.99)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
AniHawk said:

Did you memorize that? I usually just say it extemporaneously.

Anyway, I like how more than a few times, people will come in and buy more than $150 worth of used stuff and they actually end up paying less money because they signed up for the card.

I've been thinking of getting a 360 for the awesome games, but mainly for Guitar Hero and Rock Band. I hate stepping foot into Wal-Mart, but these 2 deals sound like a great way to start the plastic instrument collection:

Xbox 360 Arcade Holiday Bundle w/free Guitar Hero III + Wireless Guitar $199
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith + Guitar Hero II $50

So a 360 with GH2+3+Aerosmith+wireless guitar for $250? Hot damn.

Nice Amazon deals:

Thinking about it:
Heavenly Sword - $19.95 (Reg. $59.99)
Resistance: Fall Of Man - $14.95 (Reg. $29.99)

Mine:
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - $14.95 (Reg. $29.99)
Metal Gear Portable Ops - $9.95 (Reg. $19.99) - I hope it's MGSPO and not MGSPO+
God of War Chains of Olympus - $19.95 (Reg. $39.99)

scitek

I've been eyeing both Warioland and de Blob for a week or so now. Looks like I'll be getting them both Friday morning!

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Any PSP system deals? I always said $100 or bust but at this point nearly three years later I'd probably go for one at $130 -_-;

Grecco

the FO3 is tempting. But i kind of was hoping to find some store have the lunchbox marked down. Theres way too much of that LE in stock

Shit Amazon is going to break me.
Fallout 3, Last Remnant, and might as well grab a second copy of MGS collection since for some odd reason I can't find MGS3.

Toss in Armored Core 4 answer and whatever I can dig up from the Gamestop B2G1 and..yeesh.

Between all these games and the week or so I'm going to have off from work I doubt I'll live to see 2009. =(

Brofist

Scottlarock said:
wow, 360 is going to kill in nov NPD, the CC 360+20GB HD +extra wireless controller for $199 is the steal of the bunch. you could ebay the harddrive for $30, the extra controller for $40, the 5 XBLA games for $10, and the tennis game for $15,which means you pay $105 for a 360 with a wireless controller and a 256 mem card. sell the mem card for $10 bucks or more and you have a 360 for under a $100.

An Xbox 360 for under $100 without the ability to save a game :lol

It is a steal though.

Top Bottom