• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday Video Game Deals 2008

Halvie said:
I don't see how that would make you a douche. BB and all retailers will still be selling playstation 3s for $399 right? What douches...

I'm just not the type of person that is always looking to gain for the sake of gaining. I already own a PS3, LBP, All 3 Pirate Movies and the BD remote.

Honestly I really don't have the money to spend on such a deal anyway. I would rather just give it to someone who want's it. If they wanna sell it off piece by piece then that is them.

Such questions like "why would you do that" kind of blows my mind. Get in the holiday spirit. drink some eggnog.

BigBlackGamer said:
I'm just not the type of person that is always looking to gain for the sake of gaining. I already own a PS3, LBP, All 3 Pirate Movies and the BD remote.

Honestly I really don't have the money to spend on such a deal anyway. I would rather just give it to someone who want's it. If they wanna sell it off piece by piece then that is them.

Such questions like "why would you do that" kind of blows my mind. Get in the holiday spirit. drink some eggnog.
Thats nice of you, Now someone be like this guy and give me the PS3 deal.... Just kidding :p, but I am probably asking for like the 5th time I guess :D

Shadowlink123 said:
Thats nice of you, Now someone be like this guy and give me the PS3 deal.... Just kidding :p, but I am probably asking for like the 5th time I guess :D

all that being said I will probably try to order the deal and see that it is sold out within 5 seconds. :lol

UltimaPooh said:
I got the Burnout and No More Heroes deals at Newegg.

No More Heroes IS good right?

It's all right. It's really repetitive, you'll probably find yourself committing suicide in the game to expedite travel around the city, and I hated the story since I don't like wacky anime type stuff, but it's pretty fun. Worth $15, but not $50 in my opinion.

Shadowlink123 said:
lmao, but I thought you gave it to the guy already?

IF I get the deal then yea he will get it. I still have to wait and see if I get 1 of the 500 sets being sold. the e-mail you get from amazon is a congrats e-mail that you got picked to BUY the deal. they pick more then the 500 sets to actually buy the deal.

I have to wait for the countdown clock and hopefully checkout fast enough to get the deal.

BigBlackGamer said:
IF I get the deal then yea he will get it. I still have to wait and see if I get 1 of the 500 sets being sold. the e-mail you get from amazon is a congrats e-mail that you got picked to BUY the deal. they pick more then the 500 sets to actually buy the deal.

I have to wait for the countdown clock and hopefully checkout fast enough to get the deal.
Oh yea that means, you have to do it for him, correct?

Xdrive05

Shadowlink123 said:
lmao, but I thought you gave it to the guy already?

Only in promise and working out the details (contact info, payment, etc.). :)

He still has to compete with the others to make sure he gets the deal before they're sold out.

Shadowlink123 said:
Oh yea that means, you have to do it for him, correct?

right it goes....

Amazon has 500 PS3's for 200$

Amazon invites 1000 Customers to compete for the 500 PS3's

Amazon Opens the deal and the first 500 to checkout with the deal gets it.

BigBlackGamer said:
right it goes....

Amazon has 500 PS3's for 200$

Amazon invites 1000 Customers to compete for the 500 PS3's

Amazon Opens the deal and the first 500 to checkout with the deal gets it.
So how are you going to do it, Do you have to add them to the cart before the deal starts?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
man most of those other amazon votes deals are pretty wack. could only bring myself to even vote for 3 of them, and even those were borderline beyond the ps3 one.

Click

Banned
Shadowlink123 said:
So how are you going to do it, Do you have to add them to the cart before the deal starts?

Fast connection speed, F5 button skills, quick mouse clicking, and a bit of luck.

AstroLad said:
man most of those other amazon votes deals are pretty wack. could only bring myself to even vote for 3 of them, and even those were borderline beyond the ps3 one.

Round 3: Go Hi-Def is pretty good. 99$ Sony S-350 BD player is real nice.

Still waiting for someone if they don't want the PS3 deal and want to give it out. This is probably the only way I can get a PS3.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Shadowlink123 said:
Still waiting for someone if they don't want the PS3 deal and want to give it out. This is probably the only way I can get a PS3.

Would have given you mine if I had gotten selected :(

krae_man

I got an invite to the PS3 deal. Someones's already called dibs and Paypaled me $100 in good faith.

Does anyone know how many people got invites?

Their's 1500 PS3's available at discounted prices, how many people got invites? 10k? 20K? 100k?

I would like to be successfull for him.

Hero

Black Friday this year sucks.

Might be getting Left 4 Dead 360 tomorrow for 10 dollars off at Gamestop. Maybe Dead Space for 30 at Target. Meh.

Domino Theory said:
No Rock Band 2 SE Bundle deals? Would love to get some free points along with buying the bundle for my 360 or something. :(

Ive been looking all over today for any possible deals on the Rock Band 2 bundle but I cant find anything. I really wanna buy it to treat myself this holiday but I dont feel like dishing out nearly 200 bucks for it.

rocK`

Banned
Yeah, if anyone doesn't want their PS3 Invite, please let me know. I am more than willing to fund most of it now.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Shadowlink123 said:
Just Bumping this thread to see if anyone who won the amazon PS3 race and doesn't want it would give it to me :D

Stop begging man, it's embarrassing =/

Probably the hottest deal tomorrow: Left 4 Dead PC for $20 on Amazon.com

Grecco

Domino Theory said:
No Rock Band 2 SE Bundle deals? Would love to get some free points along with buying the bundle for my 360 or something. :(

EBgames has the Buy Disk/Bundle RB2 and get the Track Pack for 99 cents which is a good deal.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
SnowWolf said:
Stop begging man, it's embarrassing =/

Probably the hottest deal tomorrow: Left 4 Dead PC for $20 on Amazon.com

At least he doesn't have any shame in doing so :lol

Teknoman

Where are you guys finding the Amazon listings?

Nevermind, was looking in the wrong place.

EDIT: So say I add all I want from the black friday sale to my cart now. If I refreshed said when the sale went live, would the prices change over automatically? Please say yes.

Top Bottom