• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black-ish S3 |OT| Something Better is Coming (Charlie's baaaack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Diane hit a growth spurt haha.

Fucking Junior, such a dope.

And Charlie. He may be one of the best written characters on comedy TV. That whole crew of co-workers is amazing. But Charlie is just amazing.

Tizoc

And Charlie. He may be one of the best written characters on comedy TV. That whole crew of co-workers is amazing. But Charlie is just amazing.

King Charlemange Fatback Telphy The Third

Bow mentioning dreaming about a boy and a lucid nightmare was also good.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Hell the whole show is underrated...but yeah Charlie is on point every second he is on - its crazy lol.

caliph95

Ruby: Rhonda still hasn't introduced me to her boyfriend
Rainbow: Ruby, Rhonda's gay
Ruby: Oh, she is still doing that
Rainbow: Don't what i expected

Why is Ruby the best character

Edit: OMG poor Dre
And of course Diane is in a fight club

Dereck

K8rcyKu.gif

Why was Chris Brown involved in an episode meant to explain how black people in positions of power should use it as a means to better the community?

It makes no sense.

FYI: Tracee Ellis Ross was asked by TMZ about him being in the episode and she basically was like "I don't know her."

AlphaSnake

Yeah, I was extremely confused about CB being on an episode like that. And on a show like this. It made no sense. :|

Laz-E-Boy

Can't say I'm too surprised they brought in Chris Brown. This is the same show that brought in Faizon Love for multiple episodes

The same Faizon Love that was recently arrested for assault and called Cosby accusers bitches and and anyone who didn't defend Cosby porch monkeys and house niggas

vypek

Why was Chris Brown involved in an episode meant to explain how black people in positions of power should use it as a means to better the community?

It makes no sense.

FYI: Tracee Ellis Ross was asked by TMZ about him being in the episode and she basically was like "I don't know her."

Yeah, I saw that episode of TMZ randomly too and was already bothered that they would have Chris Brown on an upcoming episode. I didn't know it was going to be an episode in the same week. I was wondering if Tracee was saying her response like she didn't like him but didn't want to say anything bad or if they truly never actually saw each other on the set at all.

AlphaSnake

Damn, I didn't know Blackish ratings were so bad. It dipped below 5M. Some are saying it's primed to get canceled.

Oh, well...do dumb shit and dumb shit will happen. Anderson himself has a spotty past, lest we forget.

Also, it turns out Kenya Barris had an encounter with Chris Brown and he asked her to be on the show. And she was okay with that. This is probably the beginning of the end for the show.

Damn shame, because Junior and Charley were such amazing characters. Dre became absolutely one dimensional, though.

G0523

Damn, I didn't know Blackish ratings were so bad. It dipped below 5M. Some are saying it's primed to get canceled.

Oh, well...do dumb shit and dumb shit will happen. Anderson himself has a spotty past, lest we forget.

Also, it turns out Kenya Barris had an encounter with Chris Brown and he asked her to be on the show. And she was okay with that. This is probably the beginning of the end for the show.

Damn shame, because Junior and Charley were such amazing characters. Dre became absolutely one dimensional, though.

Really? The show is doing fine by ABC standards. It just needs one more season to get it close to 100 episodes. Plus, it's owned by ABC Studios so ABC sees profit from it either way it goes. It'll definitely get renewed.

To give some credit to the show, they address the racial subtext behind this GIF...but still Chris Brown and why?

I saw it the episode, but that was way too on the nose. No one in their right mind would think that was okay. Also fuck Chris Brown. It was hard for me to watch the episode without getting angry and seeing him every few minutes.

I saw it the episode, but that was way too on the nose. No one in their right mind would think that was okay. Also fuck Chris Brown. It was hard for me to watch the episode without getting angry and seeing him every few minutes.

Also....why did they say he was a rapper when he was singing throughout all of his commercials...bad decisions all around.

Kenya...sweetie....he's in court right now for punching and stalking Karreuche, why would you think he should be on the episode?

Also....why did they say he was a rapper when he was singing throughout all of his commercials...bad decisions all around.

Kenya...sweetie....he's in court right now for punching and stalking Karreuche, why would you think he should be on the episode?

It's just baffling all around. What the fuck guys, I hope they look at this episodes feedback and realize they fucked up.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Episode was a complete stinker, I'm all for people being given another chance but it's clear Chris Brown hasn't changed at all.

Tizoc

I...liked the episode :X
Could someone summarize why the episode was bad?

I read the article linked but i am afraid i am still in the dark (then again it is 12 AM as I write this and my brain is kinda slumpy :X)

Oxn

I...liked the episode :X
Could someone summarize why the episode was bad?

I read the article linked but i am afraid i am still in the dark (then again it is 12 AM as I write this and my brain is kinda slumpy :X)

Yea the episode was fine apart from the chris brown portion. He was just bad in it, and he is looking very weird.

Matt

Show ain't getting cancelled.

AlphaSnake

Feeling like I'm going to drop it. Dre always preaching after acting like a idiot is kinda ruining it for me.

Dre's run his course. He's always having a crisis of some sort, always preaching, always being some kind of hypocrite. He's probably the worst part of the show now.

Modern Family fell into this rut for a while and managed to climb out, but Dre is the focal point of the show sometimes and gets too much screentime. He needs to be pushed back. We need other narrators. The only show to ever get a narrated premise done right was Scrubs, as far as I'm concerned.

vypek

Enjoyed the episode. I like Rashida jones. Actually, I liked both episodes. That possible Zoey spin-off was already killed though, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom