• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

black ops declassified hands on: Eh.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Tech enthusiasts: is it IMPOSSIBLE, as Nihilistic claims, to get 60 FPS CoD on Vita?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
It's telling that Sony clearly aren't interested in making this game the best it could be - only in having the franchise to tick a box. Their customers deserve better.

Last time I checked this was Activision's game.

Personally I'm not ready to write this game off because an IGN editior wasn't completely thrilled with it.

Hopefully there will be a demo so I can try it for myself.

I wanna bet that CoD was originally going to be done by Acti, but then they were no shows, and Sony made a deal with them to let an internal studio do the title for them. Nihilistic was basically the only choice for the job.

It seems over here Resistance is selling quite well anyway. There's no telling what the game will do. I thought Resistance handled like a dream but had poor level designs and AI (from the little I tried).

I'll say that this is an interesting development though from the business side of things. If Sony is allowed a similar deal for next year, they can put a much better studio on it and be better prepared for it, if they're interested in doing so, who knows running on the Killzone engine next time.

test_account

XP-39C²
I wanna bet that CoD was originally going to be done by Acti, but then they were no shows, and Sony made a deal with them to let an internal studio do the title for them. Nihilistic was basically the only choice for the job.
Nihilistic said on their Twitter account that Activision started making it late last year, but then it got handed over to Nihilistic.

watershed

Banned
So this game is $50 is it the first of this new handheld generation to break the $40 mark? I would have thought SE would be the first to do that. I hope 3rd parties don't try to inch towards a "premium" portable price for certain games.

Or if it was bundled in with the Vita at the same exact price point the Vita is normally at...

8uYaq.png

Hahaha, the packaging makes it looks like you're getting BOD that has a Vita included, instead of what usually would be the other way around.

Shikoro

Tech enthusiasts: is it IMPOSSIBLE, as Nihilistic claims, to get 60 FPS CoD on Vita?
Of course it is. There is even one game coming out on Vita which, seemingly, is handling more geometry and pushing more effects than CoD, and that is PSASBR. Don't know what they were thinking with that statement.

test_account

XP-39C²
So this game is $50 is it the first of this new handheld generation to break the $40 mark? I would have thought SE would be the first to do that. I hope 3rd parties don't try to inch towards a "premium" portable price for certain games.
Uncharted Golden Abyss was also $50.

We've only seen bits of Killzone Vita, but Gameloft's Modern Combat looks great. Plays great? Maybe not. But it looks fab.

just saw it on youtube, I agree with you. But the last trailer of Killzone Vita also looked great. Difficult to compete with these idevices though, since they refresh the hardware so often.

AkuMifune

Banned
I'm not sure why gamers think it has to be a good CoD to be successful.

In fact, I don't think being good was ever a concern for this franchise and it hasn't seemed to hurt thus far.

test_account

XP-39C²
Thanks for the info, I didn't know that. I thought Nintendo and Sony were both keeping $40 as the new standard for portable games. $50 handheld games aren't doing anyone any favors.
I think maybe it might be the standard for now. The MSRP for Golden Abyss is $40 now. All other upcoming retail first party Vita games are $40 as well.

just saw it on youtube, I agree with you. But the last trailer of Killzone Vita also looked great. Difficult to compete with these idevices though, since they refresh the hardware so often.

Yeah, the Vita will be stuck with its Quad Core A9 and SGX543 for however long it continues to exist, while smartphones and tablets will make the move to A15 (already begun) and Rogue (Q2-Q3 2013).

I'm starting to think that this game will hurt the Vita really bad. If Resistance Burning Skies is any indication, this game will be horrible. The most casual people who'll buy a Vita just to play this game will be massively disappoint, it could really hurt the perception of the console as a whole, the Vita doesn't need that.

I'm starting to think that this game will hurt the Vita really bad. If Resistance Burning Skies is any indication, this game will be horrible. The most casual people who'll buy a Vita just to play this game will be massively disappoint, it could really hurt the perception of the console as a whole, the Vita doesn't need that.

Or the average buyer just doesn't have the same expectations as some people here. I just checked, and Resistance still gets a 4.26 average rating in the online Store, for instance. FIFA13, that relabled copy of FIFA Soccer from earlier this year, still gets a 4.80, presumably because most people didn't buy the first one and got a Vita later, for instance.

It all depends on what you're used to in a mobile platform, and if that's your frame of reference or if you're expecting the mobile versions to be the same or better as your console games.

-Winnie-

Vita's supposed to have a PC-like architecture, right? How hard could it possibly be to just do a straight port of Black Ops 2?

TheMink

Not to defend the sillyness that is this game, but If you are taking your hand off the left analog stick to click down on the dpad you either have tiny thumbs or are a total dumbass. I always thought it felt great tbh...

Top Bottom