• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Ops III is current gen only (PS4/XB1/PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good call Activision
(did I really just type that?)

I'm impressed they are willing to leave that old-gen money pile behind them.

Sports games have not

That's normal.

J4jIPUO.jpg

Chris1

Next gen only? Good news if true.

MS fucked up if they really have lost marketing in that case. A BO3 next gen bundle is going to sell gangbusters.

Stacey

Banned
Honest question to all those actively hating on any cross-gen game: are you mad that underpowered current gen consoles are holding back PC?

When PC will have the smallest player base?

If it wasn't for these underpowered consoles PC players wouldnt be getting yearly CoD games thats for sure, so nope

Mr Moose

I'll believe it when it's officially announced to be this gen only.

Second year of high school does not start after you have been in high school 2 years :p

This is going to be the third November for both systems, hence year 3.

That's not how years work.
Edit: OK I kind of get what you are saying, but in November, it'll be 2 full years, and just starting it's 3rd.

Bishop89

the line after that does say:

But that's obvious bullshit. Yes you'll be able to ignore the new controls but to act like you won't be at a disadvantage if you're not gallivanting around on jetpacks is naive. I'll have to see these maps.
I dont see it working at all. I WANT to be proven wrong, but I have no faith it will work.
I cant see how the person not jetpacking around wont have the disadvantage.

Majanew

Banned
Second year of high school does not start after you have been in high school 2 years :p

This is going to be the third November for both systems, hence year 3.

November 2015, the PS4 and XB1 will have been out for 2 years. You wouldn't say PS4 and XB1 have been out for 1 year when they launched Nov 2013.

I dont see it working at all. I WANT to be proven wrong, but I have no faith it will work.
I cant see how the person not jetpacking around wont have the disadvantage.
I'm with you. It sounds like a developer trying to have their cake and eat it too. Everyone wins! But I just don't see how that makes sense. They just don't want to upset anyone.

Black Ops 3 has the most fluid movement system of any CoD game yet. You can run along a wall, jetpack through the air, switch directions mid-jump and land with a lengthy power-slide.

YES ! Thank you based Treyarch !

Son Of D

This could be a case where the main team is doing the PS4, Xbox One and PC versions and a smaller team works on PS3/360.

Springy

When PC will have the smallest player base?

If it wasn't for these underpowered consoles PC players wouldnt be getting yearly CoD games thats for sure, so nope

I presumed that people disliked cross-gen development because of its potential to limit a game's scope and graphics, not because of market concerns. If so, then logically y'all should be mad that the PS4 is choking the potential of PC hardware; if not, then I misunderstood the source of emnity.

The_Monk

I was not expecting this to be honest, I'm sure this game would still sell a lot in the PS3 and the Xbox 360. Either way, consider me curious.

I wonder if they are doing a little something for the previous gen? I'm thinking something like when Ubisoft released AC Unity and AC Rogue.

Karu

Sounds really awesome and might be the first time I buy a CoD after getting the previous version.

The article acted like the movement changes in Advanced Warfare never happened, though. :-/ #PRbullshit

Jigolo

I'll echo this. Where exactly is their information coming from? I didn't think the reveal happened until later today.
Developer Treyarch is taking a luxurious three years to complete Black Ops 3, and based on the demos journalists played during a recent studio visit it seems they haven't wasted any of that time.

I'm guess other sites are under embargo. Mashable probably broke the embargo

Springy

I don't know for sure but I don't think this is true, FWIW.

This article is describing Treyarch's work. Wasn't the earlier rumor that another studio would be handling 360/PS3/WiiU versions? Would make sense if the article's author wasn't exposed to those versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom