• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Panther would be declared as a racist movie if the Director wouldn't be black

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Instead of being oscar nominated multiple times and declared as "the best Marvel movie ever" it would have been probably outed as hugely racist, don't you agree?

Edit: To mods, if this goes more in a political direction feel free to move it in there. I'm sorry.

You just sound mad that it was reviewed well and lots of people liked it.

mckmas8808

It has reviewd well in America because of he social aspect not because of the quality of the movie. In Germany for example it was an average Marvel Movie

You absolutely have no way of knowing this lol.

Dunki

You absolutely have no way of knowing this lol.
Have you EVER read the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes by these so called ciritics instead of looking at the scores?

It was the same with the Ghostbusters movie. All the review was about was the social impact etc.

mckmas8808

Have you EVER read the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes by these so called ciritics instead of looking at the scores?

It was the same with the Ghostbusters movie. All the review was about was the social impact etc.

You sure that wasn't a "part" of the review and not the whole review? You look a certain way when you can't seem to allow minority films to be viewed highly.

He isn't wrong.

Some of you guys seem to like user reviews more (I don't personally), but even there it got a 79% on Rotten Tomatoes. Reason why I hate user reviews is this......

The movie is a good movie, useful for the MCU story. But I've read TOO MUCH positive reviews about it.
It isn't the best Marvel movie as I've read somewhere. The Winter Soldier, Iron Man, Civil war and Iron Man 3 are way better than this one.

That was a Metacritic user review. And to me it's trash because your opinion on a movie shouldn't change based on how much "positive reviews" it's gotten.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
difference is Scarjo is the "face" of the character. she will be on posters, in trailers, etc. you aren't even going to see the director unless you seek it out. optics. shareholders care about the director, financing, etc. representation people just want the right face on a poster.

a big part of SJW culture is focused on optics above all. thus you can have a white director, white writer, etc. so long as a POC is playing the lead role or is otherwise highlighted to suggest as such in marketing.

again, look at Hamilton. you can revive & glorify slavers and make them seem multi cultural and progressive so long as you have the roles all played by black people. imagine if Hamilton was all white people, rapping about how badass they are. it would be laughed off the stage. but make this one tweak and you can get away with it...

I don't think so in this situation. For twitter idiots and mobs they don't care if their outrage makes sense, its only the outrage that matters.

James Gunn was just the director of GOG. TBH I have no idea what he looks like. I know who Chris Pratt is and Batista and Gamora, heck I even know Bradley Cooper. But Gunn got the boot, and Marvel/Disney are the same company that does Black Panther. If they folded over Gunn they would fold over this.

And the optics of a white man overseeing a production full of black people, in Africa, that plays on African stereotypes would 100% be seen as bad for SJW's. They would spin it that the production is just another plantation with the black actors as modern day slaves to the white MASTA. I mean these actors can't even say their lines without the director telling them ACTION, thats modern day slavery. (/s)

Don't underestimate SJW's to get offended and cause outrage. They are thirsty for controversy and especially racisim. We saw how a pair of shoes causes them to be triggered. The biggest blackest superhero movie being controlled by a white director? There are enough nooks and crannies to find fake racisim anywhere. The director cut one of the black guys lines to give Serkis 2 minutes more screen time, RACISIM.

Dunki

You sure that wasn't a "part" of the review and not the whole review? You look a certain way when you can't seem to allow minority films to be viewed highly.
I do not care if people in it are minorities. I am talking about the quality of the movie and maybe you should read these reviews it was the biggest part. Some do not even talk about the movie itself. The same shit with Ghostbusters and Last Jedi also got a high share of this bullshit. Next one will be Captain Marvel.

Also what do you think Roma is about? Are Mexicans now not a minority in the US?

Even more so the fact that Roma is the FIRST Netflix movie that is considered a Nomiation is already a HUGE message and sign of change in the industry.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
You can dunk (sorry, had to) on BP all you want because you didn't (obviously) like it...

But when me and my friends went to see it on opening weekend... We talked about how we went through the gamut of emotions while watching it. Awe, sadness, excitement, joy... If you could have seen my face when they first showed Wakanda through the veil...

I don't expect you to understand why so many love that movie... I've seen it countless times since then ... Just let folks have this movie and be happy if it wins any Oscars.

ButDidYouDie.gif

If the movie was called White Panther and Wakanda was hidden between Austria and Germany would you feel the same way?

I get it its very emotional to see a black hero. If they ever made Jewish Panther I am sure me and all my Jewish friends would be over the moon over it. But I also don't go around saying the Hebrew Hammer is the best comedy ever made.

As far as BP movies go it was decent. The Villian was good, Wakanda was really cool, and Chad Boswick has a ton of charisma(he kicked ass in captain america). But the story was meh and the special effects laughable. Action scenes were kinda middling as well.

Thor and Avengers were a lot better than BP.

mckmas8808

I do not care if people in it are minorities. I am talking about the quality of the movie and maybe you should read these reviews it was the biggest part. Some do not even talk about the movie itself. The same shit with Ghostbusters and Last Jedi also got a high share of this bullshit. Next one will be Captain Marvel.

Also what do you think Roma is about? Are Mexicans now not a minority in the US?

Even more so the fact that Roma is the FIRST Netflix movie that is considered a Nomiation is already a HUGE message and sign of change in the industry.

Never watched ROMA, but I heard it's good. I'm just asking you to think about why you feel the need to tell others that they really didn't like a movie that they clearly liked.

I don't think so in this situation. For twitter idiots and mobs they don't care if their outrage makes sense, its only the outrage that matters.

James Gunn was just the director of GOG. TBH I have no idea what he looks like. I know who Chris Pratt is and Batista and Gamora, heck I even know Bradley Cooper. But Gunn got the boot, and Marvel/Disney are the same company that does Black Panther. If they folded over Gunn they would fold over this.

And the optics of a white man overseeing a production full of black people, in Africa, that plays on African stereotypes would 100% be seen as bad for SJW's. They would spin it that the production is just another plantation with the black actors as modern day slaves to the white MASTA. I mean these actors can't even say their lines without the director telling them ACTION, thats modern day slavery. (/s)

Don't underestimate SJW's to get offended and cause outrage. They are thirsty for controversy and especially racisim. We saw how a pair of shoes causes them to be triggered. The biggest blackest superhero movie being controlled by a white director? There are enough nooks and crannies to find fake racisim anywhere. The director cut one of the black guys lines to give Serkis 2 minutes more screen time, RACISIM.

And those people are what....5% of people that would have been talking about the Black Panther movie Directed by a white man? And if it was directed by a white man, it would have been a different movie so who's to say it would have been as good? We don't know.

Dunki

Never watched ROMA, but I heard it's good. I'm just asking you to think about why you feel the need to tell others that they really didn't like a movie that they clearly liked.
I NEVER said that you can not like the movie. This is not if you like the movie or not. It is if this deserves an Oscar or not. As I said I also love stupid Movies like Rocky IV but still that does not qualify to win an Oscar.

mckmas8808

I NEVER said that you can not like the movie. This is not if you like the movie or not. It is if this deserves an Oscar or not. As I said I also love stupid Movies like Rocky IV but still that does not qualify to win an Oscar.

First....it didn't win Movie of the year. It was only nominated. Second, you clearly think the Academy shouldn't have even nominated it. The people that right reviews and critic movies, think the movie was great. You are telling them they are wrong and that they are only saying it's good for "SJW" purposes.

cryptoadam

Banned

And those people are what....5% of people that would have been talking about the Black Panther movie Directed by a white man? And if it was directed by a white man, it would have been a different movie so who's to say it would have been as good? We don't know.

Thats the kicker, outrage mobs nowadays don't need a lot of people, just enough people to make noise on twitter. How many people actually cared about ScarJo or James Gunn? Or Katey Perry's shoes?

The vocal minority through social media can amplify their voices and make it seem like they represent the majority. And if you get stupid celeberties on board then your message has even more cache. Just get Alysa Milano to say the new Black Panther movie is the new Birth of a Nation. Mock up a few memes contrasting the two films and there you go manufactured outrage.

This is the day and age we live in. Where smirking makes you the next Hitler. Where fake hate crimes are made up by rich privilaged celeberties. Where shoes cause people to get triggered. A white man overseeing the biggest black movie maybe in history and you are telling me the race hustlers wouldn't find a reason to complain? Sorry I don't buy that for a second.

mckmas8808

Thats the kicker, outrage mobs nowadays don't need a lot of people, just enough people to make noise on twitter. How many people actually cared about ScarJo or James Gunn? Or Katey Perry's shoes?

The vocal minority through social media can amplify their voices and make it seem like they represent the majority. And if you get stupid celeberties on board then your message has even more cache. Just get Alysa Milano to say the new Black Panther movie is the new Birth of a Nation. Mock up a few memes contrasting the two films and there you go manufactured outrage.

This is the day and age we live in. Where smirking makes you the next Hitler. Where fake hate crimes are made up by rich privilaged celeberties. Where shoes cause people to get triggered. A white man overseeing the biggest black movie maybe in history and you are telling me the race hustlers wouldn't find a reason to complain? Sorry I don't buy that for a second.

They may have complained, but it wouldn't have been viewed as a "racist movie". That's the key point.

Dunki

First....it didn't win Movie of the year. It was only nominated. Second, you clearly think the Academy shouldn't have even nominated it. The people that right reviews and critic movies, think the movie was great. You are telling them they are wrong and that they are only saying it's good for "SJW" purposes.
No Marvel Movie should be nominated for this stuff. and BP was not even the best Marvel Movie this year.

Again read the reviews. Have you ever done it? they like the movie because they push an agenda. Like they did with Ghostbusters, or Last Jedi because the movie was so progressive. And no I am telling them that they do not care about the quality of the movie but rather the policital message it tries to spread

cryptoadam

Banned
They may have complained, but it wouldn't have been viewed as a "racist movie". That's the key point.

Well I don't think the movie was racist, but thats what the complainers would of said.

Look we can't put logic on these people, they just see red and throw out all common sense. ends justify the means yada yada.

They would see a white director for a black movie and thats racist, and since the guy is white he can't understand the black excperience (of a fictional country for a fictional group of people created by 2 white guys) so everything he puts on film is a racist reflection of his white supremacy.

None of what I wrote would be true, but has that stopped SJW's in the past? Of course not. They would have 1 goal, destroy the white director in any way shape or form.

Just think about the nonsense that comes up when a straight person plays a gay, or a cis plays a trans, or a white plays an asian. We have seen it all before. So there is no doubt in my mind some small corner would freak out about a white guy directing BP and then take scenes from the movie to try and fit the narrative that the movie is a reflection of this white persons view of black people and thus is racist. And since the director has "power" over the black actors he is oppressing them and thus racisim, because to SJW's racisim is only about power and oppression.

nkarafo

This movie being nominated for all these oscars is so condescending. One prime "racism of low expectations" example. Black people should be offended that this effort is getting rewarded, as if mediocrity is the best they can aim for. And yet, people defend this, which feels so weird to me.

This movie being nominated for all these oscars is so condescending. One prime "racism of low expectations" example. Black people should be offended that this effort is getting rewarded, as if mediocrity is the best they can aim for. And yet, people defend this, which feels so weird to me.

Now that you put it this way, it should have gotten more awards. What were they thinking!

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
If the movie was called White Panther and Wakanda was hidden between Austria and Germany would you feel the same way?

I get it its very emotional to see a black hero. If they ever made Jewish Panther I am sure me and all my Jewish friends would be over the moon over it. But I also don't go around saying the Hebrew Hammer is the best comedy ever made.

As far as BP movies go it was decent. The Villian was good, Wakanda was really cool, and Chad Boswick has a ton of charisma(he kicked ass in captain america). But the story was meh and the special effects laughable. Action scenes were kinda middling as well.

Thor and Avengers were a lot better than BP.

White people have plenty of white heroes with majority white casts to look to... Asian-Americans The Joy Luck Club (that movie just made me sad), Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story (a lot of people forget that Bruce was an American) and Crazy Rich Asians (I'll see that when it comes on Blu-ray)...

Not sure if native Americans have any cinematic heroes with a majority Native American cast they can look to ...

My point is, most black people who saw the movie thought it was MORE than just the message the movie had (diversity in the film franchise, showing that a majority black cast movie of a fictional story and characters can succeed financially, the movie going public WILL flock to a movie with a majority black cast, etc)... I'd dare say MOST black folks who saw it thought it deserved accolades ... Because it made us FEEL such strong emotions...

Forget the technical aspects... Most of the best movies make you FEEL a range of emotions... Like Silence of the Lambs made me feel dread and loathing whenever Hannibal was on screen..
Or how Seven scared the living daylights out of me...

I can pick apart Schindler's List but the way it made me FEEL was so dang intense....

I can say the same about all 3 Lord of the Rings movies... Especially RotK....

But those movies left a mark on my heart ... And I'll love those movies forever!

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
And it wouldn't have been racist if the director was white ... Might have been a different movie altogether but not racist...

Coming to America is a CLASSIC majority black big budget fiction movie and it was directed by a white male.

Of course, it was also a comedy starring Eddie Murphy, but still....

mckmas8808

I wonder how many times you've thought this about movies that star and are directed and written by all white people. Sadly only movies like this by black folks get these type of responses. It makes some people so mad to see anything other than white men get rewarded for stuff in huge general (the non-gender) award categories.

Dunki

I wonder how many times you've thought this about movies that star and are directed and written by all white people. Sadly only movies like this by black folks get these type of responses. It makes some people so mad to see anything other than white men get rewarded for stuff in huge general (the non-gender) award categories.
Yes because Roma is also totally from a white american men and the actors are totally all white oh no they are not.

And Mexicans are not a minority in America as well. Fuck not everything has to be prioritized for black people.

But yeah at least some stupid superhero movie gets an Oscar for the best movie because of black people

Last edited:

Acerac

Banned
To play devil's advocate, isn't black panther proof that having none white directors a good thing. Now you can have a film like black panther that does all of these things, and not have to worry about political backlash. You can hide behind the directors race if someone is offended?
I feel like you are 90% of the way there but fall just short.

mckmas8808

I don't even know how to respond to something so stupid, forgive me.

Did you forget what you said? My dude, I literally quoted you saying one of the dumbest things in this thread. Why should black people be mad that a movie they liked got nominated for best movie of the year?

nkarafo

Did you forget what you said? My dude, I literally quoted you saying one of the dumbest things in this thread. Why should black people be mad that a movie they liked got nominated for best movie of the year?
Because it's a mediocre movie that would never get nominated for any of these awards if it was a white cast movie. Because the standards should be much higher. This isn't better or worse than any other super hero film. Are the standards of black people so low that they feel happy about this movie getting nominated for best picture? Best picture?

And to answer your question, no, i'm not mad. Plenty of black actors have won oscars and deservedly so. But if i was black, i probably would be mad if this movie won best picture. I wouldn't feel so well for the nomination either. Because surely we could do better. It's condescending.

mckmas8808

Because it's a mediocre movie that would never get nominated for any of these awards if it was a white cast movie. Because the standards should be much higher. This isn't better or worse than any other super hero film. Are the standards of black people so low that they feel happy about this movie getting nominated for best picture? Best picture?

And to answer your question, no, i'm not mad. Plenty of black actors have won oscars and deservedly so. But if i was black, i probably would be mad if this movie won best picture. I wouldn't feel so well for the nomination either. Because surely we could do better. It's condescending.

Okay let me break it down further because you at least responded with honesty.

1. Many casual movie-goers have disliked the Oscars for years (at least 10 years or so given what many have said since social media got popular and podcast became a thing) and have publically said that too many artsy films get nominated for Movie of the year.

2. The ratings for the Oscars have been falling due to people enjoying other forms of entertainment and also feeling detached from movies that actually win (example: Shape of Water "2018", Moonlight "2017", Spotlight "2015", Birdman "2014", etc). I only seen Shape of Water and Moonlight and LOVED them both, but I can acknowledge that they are smaller\artsy type films. The average person isn't going to watch these type of films.

3. The Academy wants to open the Oscars up to more mainstream movies and stop being biased against them, like they have been. I agree personally with this move.

4. One of the first movies to benefit from this change is Black Panther. It's not because it's an all black cast. Had The Dark Knight came out last year, it would have gotten a nomination for Best Movie. It was 100% bullcrap that it didn't. For god's sake it was nominated for Best Art, Best Cinematography, Best Sound Mixing, Best Film Editing, Best Makeup, Best Visuals, Best Supporting Actor, and Best Sound Editing. To me that's literally EVERY aspect of a movie, yet it couldn't get a nom for Best Movie?

***5. Moonlight is a movie with almost all black people and it won Movie of the year a couple years ago. Why aren't you giving black people credit for being proud of that achievement? You seem to gloss over that for some reason. It was written, directed, and starring all black people.

Last edited:

guggnichso

Banned
I don’t think so. It’s a super hero power fantasy, and this time it’s a power fantasy specifically aimed at a black audience. The skin colour of the director is irrelevant.

Wasn’t one of the criticisms on old GAF that a lot of us were sick of identity politics?

nkarafo

***5. Moonlight is a movie with almost all black people and it won Movie of the year a couple years ago. Why aren't you giving black people credit for being proud of that achievement? You seem to gloss over that for some reason. It was written, directed, and starring all black people.
What, Moonlight? That was a good movie that probably did deserve the awards it got. I don't remember me saying it doesn't.

Also, personally, i disagree with the oscars going more mainstream as you say. They are supposed to award the best movies, not the most popular ones.

Dunki

Okay let me break it down further because you at least responded with honesty.

1. Many casual movie-goers have disliked the Oscars for years (at least 10 years or so given what many have said since social media got popular and podcast became a thing) and have publically said that too many artsy films get nominated for Movie of the year.

2. The ratings for the Oscars have been falling due to people enjoying other forms of entertainment and also feeling detached from movies that actually win (example: Shape of Water "2018", Moonlight "2017", Spotlight "2015", Birdman "2014", etc). I only seen Shape of Water and Moonlight and LOVED them both, but I can acknowledge that they are smaller\artsy type films. The average person isn't going to watch these type of films.

3. The Academy wants to open the Oscars up to more mainstream movies and stop being biased against them, like they have been. I agree personally with this move.

4. One of the first movies to benefit from this change is Black Panther. It's not because it's an all black cast. Had The Dark Knight came out last year, it would have gotten a nomination for Best Movie. It was 100% bullcrap that it didn't. For god's sake it was nominated for Best Art, Best Cinematography, Best Sound Mixing, Best Film Editing, Best Makeup, Best Visuals, Best Supporting Actor, and Best Sound Editing. To me that's literally EVERY aspect of a movie, yet it couldn't get a nom for Best Movie?

Because people liek you want to make it political than instead actually celebrating movies and their qualities. And since you are American you are of course totally obsessed with anything race related. But your hipocrisy goes only so far that you will only acknowledge "Black" movies, while Roma also a minority director and cast and which is objectively the much better movie gets the boot from people like you.

Instead people go about Blackkklansman because it showed in the last 10 minutes Charlottesville footage... Booh Hoo so powerful....

Also, personally, i disagree with the oscars going more mainstream as you say. They are supposed to award the best movies, not the most popular ones.
It is not even most popular one but most political one

Last edited:

mckmas8808

What, Moonlight? That was a good movie that probably did deserve the awards it got. I don't remember me saying it doesn't.

My point about Moonlight is why can't you give black people credit for loving that movie and it's awards that it got? You keep harping on Black Panther as if it's the only movie black people have gravitated to. You said......

Black people should be offended that this effort is getting rewarded, as if mediocrity is the best they can aim for.

I identified Moonlight, which you just acknowledged probably deserved the movie of the year award. So, clearly black people haven't "aimed" higher than Black Panther. So I'm confused as to why you are saying black people should feel bad about this nomination.

And just because a movie is popular doesn't mean it doesn't deserve a movie of the year nom.

Because people liek you want to make it political than instead actually celebrating movies and their qualities. And since you are American you are of course totally obsessed with anything race related. But your hipocrisy goes only so far that you will only acknowledge "Black" movies, while Roma also a minority director and cast and which is objectively the much better movie gets the boot from people like you.

Instead people go about Blackkklansman because it showed in the last 10 minutes Charlottesville footage... Booh Hoo so powerful....

It is not even most popular one but most political one

Dunki be smarter man. I told you yesterday I never seen Roma and I heard it was a good movie. Stop making me out to be someone that I'm not. I loved Black Panther. I also loved The Shape of Water. So how am I a hypocrite?

Last edited:

Dunki

My point about Moonlight is why can't you give black people credit for loving that movie and it's awards that it got? You keep harping on Black Panther as if it's the only movie black people have gravitated to. You said......

I identified Moonlight, which you just acknowledged probably deserved the movie of the year award. So, clearly black people haven't "aimed" higher than Black Panther. So I'm confused as to why you are saying black people should feel bad about this nomination.

And just because a movie is popular doesn't mean it doesn't deserve a movie of the year nom.
This is not the Bravo or Disney kids most popular award show....

Dunki

Dunki be smarter man. I told you yesterday I never seen Roma and I heard it was a good movie. Stop making me out to be someone that I'm not. I loved Black Panther. I also loved The Shape of Water. So how am I a hypocrite?
You are one because you are talking about minorites and that they also deserve the spotlight but in reality you only care about black people.

mckmas8808

You are one because you are talking about minorites and that they also deserve the spotlight but in reality you only care about black people.

Nope wrong again. I'm the one that actually cares about all people.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I know it’s odd, but I go to enjoy a movie like this one for being entertaining. I never bother inserting social or political thoughts like this into the mix because I think it just detracts from it being what it is. Entertainment. I try to not seek an issue where none exist. Life is just too short to examine everything to death IMO.

ptuck874

Instead of being oscar nominated multiple times and declared as "the best Marvel movie ever" it would have been probably outed as hugely racist, don't you agree?

Edit: To mods, if this goes more in a political direction feel free to move it in there. I'm sorry.

giphy.gif

mortal

Gold Member
Too many people seem more obsessed with politics surrounding the film, rather than being interested in the film on its own merits.

It was mediocre at best with some decent ideas and a laughably rushed 3rd act. Every time it's on the verge of fading from my memory, some none issue "controversy" brings it back.

Domisto

Too many people seem more obsessed with politics surrounding the film, rather than being interested in the film on its own merits.

It was mediocre at best with some decent ideas and a laughably rushed 3rd act. Every time it's on the verge of fading from my memory, some none issue "controversy" brings it back.
Don't worry, Captain Marvel will be along soon. :messenger_grinning_smiling: :messenger_grinning_sweat: :messenger_grinning_sweat: :messenger_weary:

Doom85

It's ridiculous that BP getting nominated is causing this much of a temper tantrum. Like, are most of these whiners even remotely familiar with the decades of Oscar results and how many nominations work? There's quite a few factors in why films get nominated such as what time of the year they were released, if the studio wanted to push it for nominations, etc.

It makes sense that Disney would push BP over Avengers IW for a Best Pic nom. Regardless of anyone's opinion on which is better (I do think BP is great but IW is better, but heck I'd say Spider-verse is better than both) BP has more interesting commentary in its film's conflict and the Oscars have shown that's something they really like to focus on. IW is about a big purple guy collecting stones because he has a naive sense of how to solve overpopulation ignoring the obvious facts that his actions could easily lead to many society's collapse and anarchy. Like, that's not a real knock on the movie, especially since I'm hoping Avengers 4 will have at least one hero rip apart his views on the matter, but still I wouldn't expect the Oscars to be too impressed with its central theme. BP on the other hand is a different story, I'm not saying it's the most complex themes ever but they're definitely more interesting and well-structured than IW's.

Again, you can disagree with this focus on a certain element of a film, but this is nothing new with the Oscars. It's been like this a long time, anyone trying to blame it on modern political climate is being absolutely ignorant to the history of this award show.

Like many didn't agree with The King's Speech winning Best Pic in 2010, but they especially didn't agree with it winning Best Directing (it's a good movie but there's nothing particularly noteworthy about its directing) especially when the likes of David Fincher, Darren Aronofsky, and the Coen brothers were among the nominees. There's probably a ton of behind-the-scenes reasons why the film won both categories (and more) regardless, but it is what it is and this is hardly the only time the Oscars' decisions have confused greatly most of its audience with its decisions.

BP is just one of many film nominees that some people don't agree with being there. Hardly anything new under the sun, no need to make this much of a fuss about that especially since in the past people complain about the films that won not the ones that merely got nominated. If BP wins, go crazy I guess, but for now it's not that big of a deal. Regardless of whether you think IW was better, it's not the sort of film the Oscars are likely to be as big on. The only superhero movies this year I could see that happening with are Winter Soldier, Logan, and now BP, and again I don't see any of those actually winning Best Pic. I mean, I saw 38 movies in 2017 and Logan was my favorite but while I could see MAYBE a Best Pic nom happening no way did I think it would win based on the award show's history.

This is nothing new, folks. Might as well be complaining that winter is often cold for crying out loud.

Top Bottom