• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Rhapsody

Banned
Usually BB loketests go

First wave "wahhhh everyone got nerfed so hard"

Second "wow... I can't believe they gave my character that"

Third "why did they take it away!?"

Fourth "My character is destroyed!" *ends up A tier*

Rhapsody

Banned
But...Tager never ended up A tier :(
At least, I don't think so.

Well, he at least got buffs. I don't think anyone considered him destroyed like Hazama and Hakumen during loketests

Also, so cute

BuaFlOkCAAAvoFN.jpg

Anne

Arcsys loketests are usually really wild. I saw some stuff of the old BB ones and the recent Persona ones and yeah. It's a fun time for a laugh though.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I think if they actually launched the game with this version of the loke test it would probably end up being the worst version of BB since CT :lol

Uraizen

Banned
I think if they actually launched the game with this version of the loke test it would probably end up being the worst version of BB since CT :lol

Praying that the famitsu changes are just the ones they know they want to keep and these changes are just them screwing around.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Katou: "Balance change" might be the wrong word to describe it... Instead of averaging the strengths and weaknesses of each character, we aimed to expand the individuality of each character and how it feels to play with the characters.
lol

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm not worried, I'm just wondering how much they'll be blasted when they listen to the feedback from players, lol.

Japanese companies tend to not care that much on feedback. They usually just use loketests to see glitches or get ideas on what to change from just watching. Rarely ever do they take actual input from players from what I hear.

Uraizen

Banned
Japanese companies tend to not care that much on feedback. They usually just use loketests to see glitches or get ideas on what to change from just watching. Rarely ever do they take actual input from players from what I hear.

Well that's not very nice of them. I thought it was only the western players they don't care about.

Shouta

Got some new info on Bullet. Apparently, she can cancel a hit 5D into Miquelet Capture or Snap Hands Fist. So when she's in the corner, she can now go from 0 Heat to 2 Heat without using meter and for decent damage.

Kikirin

I'm relatively pleased with Amane's changes so far
and with the negative changes to the stronger characters

- 5d being special cancellable on block is pretty huge, as it is one of the moves that covers his B/C blind spot and was a dead end for blockstrings before. I'd be fine with losing some of its Lv 3 craziness for this.

- I'm kinda indifferent to the added attack to Hariken. It's nice that it's plus on block and can go into combos, but who's gonna sit there patiently at point-blank range through the entirety of Hariken drill's startup? And I doubt they'd improve its startup since that could lead to easier Lv 3 drills.

- His reversal super's input being changed to 236236d is a welcome change, too.

Shouta

So looking at most of the Bullet changes. She's actually buffed overall, from what I can tell. D being special cancelable is MASSIVE and she has better options for combos now from midscreen. Getting pokes into D leads to bigger damage without Heat as well because you can go into Sheer or Capture to follow-up.

So looking at most of the Bullet changes. She's actually buffed overall, from what I can tell. D being special cancelable is MASSIVE and she has better options for combos now from midscreen. Getting pokes into D leads to bigger damage without Heat as well because you can go into Sheer or Capture to follow-up.

Shout outs to Bullet getting 5.1k meterless

Well that changes everything

So if I'm understanding right, the intention is for her to have a harder time getting that hit, but when she does it's gonna hurt like hell?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Well that changes everything

So if I'm understanding right, the intention is for her to have a harder time getting that hit, but when she does it's gonna hurt like hell?

Basically more of the same but more dramatic, she also can get 2 heat in one combo now because of this

Well, he at least got buffs. I don't think anyone considered him destroyed like Hazama and Hakumen during loketests

Also, so cute

BuaFlOkCAAAvoFN.jpg

Legitimately disappointed it doesn't turn her into a nun, actually. (Also is Lambda's the same as Nu's?)

Anyway, Lambda actually sounds pretty neat. I like the sound of what they've done to her D - the constant inputs felt needlessly fiddly on Nu, even if Lams can't cancel them (though this may be my inner scrub talking
emot-v.gif
). Looking forward to trying the console version!

shaowebb

So wait...I'm trying to learn Bullet and she's about to get buffs to go into heat 2 easily and get big meterless damage?

Anne

Does anybody remember the BB loketest where Jin shot two ice swords or the Persona loketest where Liz was killing everything? :v

Top Bottom