• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BLEACH Brave Souls |OT| (© Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot)

Uthred

Sort of tempted to pull, I'd like Kenpachi or Nel

Yes. Normal and Strong attack links will always be much better for damage output.

Isnt it the other way around? +Attack is always better as it applies to all attacks, +Normal/Strong are only better if your base stat is high enough that a percentage increase pushes it above a +Attack boost.

chrono01

Nice to see the Nel/Nnoitra gatcha.

I'll probably do a few multi-pulls later today, I'll see. The pool is bigger than I'd like, but at least it gives you a greater chance of getting a 5*.

Uthred

New Kenpachi is a beast. Did one 10 pull on the new gacha and got Bankai Ichigo, which was weird. Not a fan of Nel's centaur look.

Edit: Another 10 pull from the new gacha, got Saijin. I thought the only five stars in the specific gachas were the "promoted" ones, clearly not.

Edit 2: Gah, broke and did a third pull got Chad and Mayuri. I'm torn, obviously getting a five star is better than not but Chad seems very lacklustre and I have the other version of Mayuri. I've enough for one last pull but I think I'm going to hold off to take a shot at Ikkaku or 110 Keisuke.

Edit 3: Do +coins/+crystals links apply only to the active character or all characters? e.g. if I have +7% on all characters will I get +21% or just the +7% from the currently active character?

Milr

Isnt it the other way around? +Attack is always better as it applies to all attacks, +Normal/Strong are only better if your base stat is high enough that a percentage increase pushes it above a +Attack boost.
Your Attack would have to be VERY low to have a +Attack link be better overall than Normal/Strong attack links.

At 330 base attack, a 16% boost to your normal damage increases your attack by 52. If you use a 16% boost to Normal AND Strong attacks this 52 applies to all attacks, whereas 2 +21 attack links would cap out at 42. From there, it will only get exponentially better, especially if you just want to focus on either Normal or Strong attacks. Accessories also bolster the %.

Hope that explanation wasn't too complicated, but that's the reasoning behind it.

Edit: I also blew my load of orbs (3.5k). Walked away a little disappointed, I can emphasize with Link. Could always have been worse, but big picture I'm still pretty content getting a decent red 5* (Bankai Ichigo) and the new Mayuri, who I can use my mind chappy with.

Uthred

Hope that explanation wasn't too complicated, but that's the reasoning behind it.

I understand the reasoning, I just wasnt aware that the percentage increases on normal and strong attacks could get that high, time to re-do my links

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Just yolo pulled Szayelaporro - talk about luck-

Also Don Kanonji is the PvP unit....lol.

I'm now Orbless.

Multi-Pull 1: 5* Green Ishida, 4* Blue Hitsugaya, 4* Red Yamamoto
Multi-Pull 2: 5* Green Kenpachi, 4* Green Unohana (Dupe), 4* Red Komamura (Dupe)
Multi-Pull 3: 4* Blue Gin, 4* Blue Soi Fon (Dupe), 4* Orange Szayelaporro (Dupe)
Multi-Pull 4: 4* Orange Nelliel, 4* Blue Hitsugaya (Dupe), 4* Orange Szayelaporro (Dupe)

I went from no 5* Greens to having two! Kenpachi was one of my most wanted from the new batch, so \o/!

I was going to pick Tessai from the PVP rewards (I just hit 800 yesterday). However, I suppose I should pick a Blue character instead since I just got 2 Greens (one of which is also ranged like him). Should I go with Hitsugaya or Zangetsu? I'm leaning Hitsugaya for the freeze, however Zangetsu has better stats. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Did one multi pull and the first pull was Centaur Nel. Exactly who I wanted. Gonna save the rest of my orbs and scream SPACE LANCE whenever I can.

I really wanted Don but I ended picking Tessai just because I need that extra hand in pvp. Hopefully I can get enough medals before Don expires.

chrono01

New Kenpachi is a beast. Did one 10 pull on the new gacha and got Bankai Ichigo, which was weird. Not a fan of Nel's centaur look.

Edit: Another 10 pull from the new gacha, got Saijin. I thought the only five stars in the specific gachas were the "promoted" ones, clearly not.

Edit 2: Gah, broke and did a third pull got Chad and Mayuri. I'm torn, obviously getting a five star is better than not but Chad seems very lacklustre and I have the other version of Mayuri. I've enough for one last pull but I think I'm going to hold off to take a shot at Ikkaku or 110 Keisuke.

Edit 3: Do +coins/+crystals links apply only to the active character or all characters? e.g. if I have +7% on all characters will I get +21% or just the +7% from the currently active character?
Mayuri is a good pull, congrats! I know, it's sad that the new units are mixed with other 5*. It's going to make going after a specific one even more difficult. :(

1500orbs for Uryu+Sajin...

the first 5 multi has no 5* T_T
Sorry man. :(

Edit: I also blew my load of orbs (3.5k). Walked away a little disappointed, I can emphasize with Link. Could always have been worse, but big picture I'm still pretty content getting a decent red 5* (Bankai Ichigo) and the new Mayuri, who I can use my mind chappy with.
Another Mayuri! From what I've seen, he's pretty nice. Congrats!

Just yolo pulled Szayelaporro - talk about luck-

Also Don Kanonji is the PvP unit....lol.
Oh wow, nice pull man! Congrats. He's probably the one I'm most after in this batch, either him or Nnoitra.

As for Don Kanonji, he's hilarious. Here's a video of him in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InAeyAHMruc

Those special abilities...

I'm now Orbless.

Multi-Pull 1: 5* Green Ishida, 4* Blue Hitsugaya, 4* Red Yamamoto
Multi-Pull 2: 5* Green Kenpachi, 4* Green Unohana (Dupe), 4* Red Komamura (Dupe)
Multi-Pull 3: 4* Blue Gin, 4* Blue Soi Fon (Dupe), 4* Orange Szayelaporro (Dupe)

I went from no 5* Greens to having two! Kenpachi was one of my most wanted from the new batch, so \o/!

I was going to pick Tessai from the PVP rewards (I just hit 800 yesterday). However, I suppose I should pick a Blue character instead since I just got 2 Greens (one of which is also ranged like him). Should I go with Hitsugaya or Zangetsu? I'm leaning Hitsugaya for the freeze, however Zangetsu has better stats. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Wow, good work!

Yeah, if you had to choose between Zangetsu or Toshiro, I'd lean more towards the former but either will work.

Did one multi pull and the first pull was Centaur Nel. Exactly who I wanted. Gonna save the rest of my orbs and scream SPACE LANCE whenever I can.

I really wanted Don but I ended picking Tessai just because I need that extra hand in pvp. Hopefully I can get enough medals before Don expires.
Congrats on the Nel!

I haven't done my pulls yet, but honestly...after seeing the 110 year characters, I might wait. The only ne I've seen videos of so far is Kisuke, and he looks amazing. Less ideal Soul Trait, but his abilities look insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gfyng4aqh0

Also, the rates for the Nel/Nnoitra batch seem to be really low, even with the double rates. People on Reddit have pulled multiple (some 2000+ orbs) without a single 5*. I know, RNG and all, but it kind of makes me scared of pulling. I know I'll have to use the Spirit Orbs eventually, but I always have pre-pull nervousness. Maybe I'll resign myself to a single multi-pull and call it quits after that. Setting a limit to a certain number of pulls per "event" has helped me in Treasure Cruise, maybe the same will apply here.

I just don't want to go all-in, and get nothing out of it. :/

chrono01

I couldn't resist. I did three ten-pulls, hoping to build my 5* list a bit. On the very first multi-pull, I get Nnoitra. Extremely pleased with the results, I do two more multi-pull, not another 5*.

I can't really complain, though. Nnoitra or Szayel were the two I was after (Nel is cute, but not really something I "need"), so I got one of the two. Pretty good odds, considering the rather large pool. If I had quit after that first multi-pull it would have been an amazing deal, but even still I think I did alright.

At least it's to the point where, even if I get a string of really bad pulls, I won't be starting over. My 5* list (and a decent amount of 4*) outweighs the benefits of re-rolling now, so at least my account is now "set".

For my 5*, I have:

- Aizen (Mind)
- Renji (Heart)
- Arrancar Orihime (Mind)
- NY Orihime (Heart)
- Uryu (Mind)
- Valentine Rukia (Speed)
- Nnoitra (Attack)

I have enough for a Kon character, but I'm not sure who I should grab. I might just wait it out and decide later. Tessai might be nice, since I'm lacking a 5* Technique user, but I'm not sure.

I have a little over 600 Spirit Orbs left, but I'll save those for another gatcha.

Edit: Damn, sorry for the double post. :/

chrono01

Congrats Chrono! Solid lineup for sure.
Thanks.

I know a few of them, namely Uryu, aren't the best (and then there's Free-nji), but I'm happy with Aizen, NY Orihime, Valentine Rukia, and Nnoitra anyway. Different types too, which is appreciated. Arrancar Orihime has situational use, but I much prefer NY Orihime. At least they're good for Spirit Orbs once I max them, not to mention future Soul Links.

I really would like Szayel (congrats again, cw_sasuke!) but I'm no about to pull more for a 6% chance at a 5*, and then another % on top of that to pull him specifically. That's just a headache waiting to happen. MAYBE if it was like the Valentine units, where if you got a 5* it would be one of the advertised units, but that's not the situation here.

I'm really liking Nnoitra, though. I desperately needed an Attack-type (to take out those pesky NY Byakuya) and his stats are insane. He actually has more attack than Grimmjow, as well as more defense. His moveset is great too.

linkent

Gratz Guys. Awesome pull for all.
Someone datamined "White" Characters in Reddit.

@Chrono, definitely get Tessai for your line up.

I would use ArraOrihime, Noittra, Tessai for your PVP.
ArraOri is really really strong, she has no weakness as her weakness element is also her advantage.
As i said in our Line chat, I almost always lost to her in PVP.
Tessai to counter all those Grimjows.
Noittra is like Grimjow who can beat quick unit sometime.

chrono01

Gratz Guys. Awesome pull for all.
Someone datamined "White" Characters in Reddit.

@Chrono, definitely get Tessai for your line up.

I would use ArraOrihime, Noittra, Tessai for your PVP.
ArraOri is really really strong, she has no weakness as her weakness element is also her advantage.
As i said in our Line chat, I almost always lost to her in PVP.
Tessai to counter all those Grimjows.
Noittra is like Grimjow who can beat quick unit sometime.
Yeah, I'm definitely planning on getting Tessai. I just need to decide who my second one will be: Zangetsu, Toshiro, or Ururu.

Zangetsu is a Bankai Ichigo clone and, while I already have a Speed unit, he seems like he might fill a certain niche.

Toshiro looks nice as well, and is a Captain that can pair with Aizen. There's a good chance that we'll be receiving that Attack Toshiro via co-op though, despite his stats being slightly weaker.

Ururu just looks fun to play, and she's cute.

Don Kanonji...I'm really not sure what to say about him, haha.

As for Arrancar Orihime, I prefer her NY version since I prefer her skillset (and I already have her at Level 100, haha). As for her type, it's similar to the Arranacar version only on the opposite end. Instead of Mind being strong against Heart, it's Heart being strong against Mind. Same deal, but I agree that is nice to not have a weakness. I'm REALLY liking Nnoitra. He's not even Level 100 yet and he's insane.

Zangetsu is a Bankai Ichigo clone and, while I already have a Speed unit, he seems like he might fill a certain niche.

Toshiro looks nice as well, and is a Captain that can pair with Aizen. There's a good chance that we'll be receiving that Attack Toshiro via co-op though, despite his stats being slightly weaker.
Japan also got a free 5* Ichigo that was basically a Green Zangetsu. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlTaLgkiLiQ

3* Purple Kenpachi is farmable in the new event, \o/.

Between that and fighting Cirucci on Hard in Stage 178 (for 3* Orange Ishida drops + Large Green Crystals + TONS of Exp), I should have no problem 100%ing my new 5* Green Kenpachi and 5* Green Ishida.

cw_sasuke

Some nice pulls here - congrats AdawgDaFAB, Rynocirator and chrono01 !!
I couldn't resist. I did three ten-pulls, hoping to build my 5* list a bit. On the very first multi-pull, I get Nnoitra. Extremely pleased with the results, I do two more multi-pull, not another 5*.

I can't really complain, though. Nnoitra or Szayel were the two I was after (Nel is cute, but not really something I "need"), so I got one of the two. Pretty good odds, considering the rather large pool. If I had quit after that first multi-pull it would have been an amazing deal, but even still I think I did alright.

Very nice.
Nnoitra is so OP ... i used your unit earlier and this dude is scary. Def. another unit that needs to be avoided on PvP. Doesnt seem like he ever slows down with his attacks.

This also displayed again that Ai and skills used are more important than just high stats. Though in his case he has both...similar to Grimmjjow.

I dont know what Nnoitra Super looks like yet...but im sure its awesome as well.
3* Purple Kenpachi is farmable in the new event, \o/.

Between that and fighting Cirucci on Hard in Stage 178 (for 3* Orange Ishida drops + Large Green Crystals + TONS of Exp), I should have no problem 100%ing my new 5* Green Kenpachi and 5* Green Ishida.

Cool. Can you get Kenpachi from both events or only the one where he is features as a Boss ?

Hope the droprate is a bit better than on the last event.

chrono01

Very nice.
Nnoitra is so OP ... i used your unit earlier and this dude is scary. Def. another unit that needs to be avoided on PvP. Doesnt seem like he ever slows down with his attacks.

This also displayed again that Ai and skills used are more important than just high stats. Though in his case he has both...similar to Grimmjjow.

I dont know what Nnoitra Super looks like yet...but im sure its awesome as well.
His special is essentially Aizen (full-screen attack), minus the confusion. So yes, equally as powerful, haha. I don't have Grimmjow, so this is my first experience with a high-attack character. Needless to say, I'm loving it.

As for the drops, the 4* drop (Byakuya and Sajin) from their respective bosses, while the 3* units are just random.

On my second Hard run of Kenpachi's stage today, I got him and Komamura as drops. Here's to hoping the RNG stays nice like that. Although, it's so weird that we get a 4* Komamura drop when we don't even fight him in any of the 6 stages (although he is part of the story, somewhat).

Sidenote: What is the general consensus on the stories done for these different events. I personally love them, as they fit the tone of the series / characters and provide some funny new material that isn't simply a canon story recap.

chrono01

Sidenote: What is the general consensus on the stories done for these different events. I personally love them, as they fit the tone of the series / characters and provide some funny new material that isn't simply a canon story recap.
I love them. I especially enjoy this one in-particular, having only done the Renji one so far. Seeing them set out to make a movie and essentially copy
Ichigo saving Rukia from the Soul Society arc, even down to altered words that they said to each other in the past
brought a smile to my face. It looks like they also created new art to fit the stories, which is always cool to see. It's handled really well, and I'm always interested in seeing how things progress. I'm still saddened that we didn't get the Valentine Day event. :(

Oh, here's a video of the upcoming 110 Year's Past gatcha. If Global follows Japan (which it should), we're looking at another 2x rate-up. I wonder if that's going to be a thing moving forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A69uKQuoPmg

Yoruichi and Tessai look ridiculously strong. Kisuke doesn't look too shabby either.

Edit: Someone explain to me, please.

In co-op, when you join a Level 60+ room, and there's a a few Level 100 people in there...why...WHY...do they switch out with some lowly Level 40 4* unit? It doesn't make sense. It can't be for XP, right? I mean, XP is so easy to get...

It's so irritating.

I love them. I especially enjoy this one in-particular, having only done the Renji one so far. Seeing them set out to make a movie and essentially copy
Ichigo saving Rukia from the Soul Society arc, even down to altered words that they said to each other in the past
brought a smile to my face. It looks like they also created new art to fit the stories, which is always cool to see. It's handled really well, and I'm always interested in seeing how things progress. I'm still saddened that we didn't get the Valentine Day event. :(

Oh, here's a video of the upcoming 110 Year's Past gatcha. If Global follows Japan (which it should), we're looking at another 2x rate-up. I wonder if that's going to be a thing moving forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A69uKQuoPmg

Yoruichi and Tessai look ridiculously strong. Kisuke doesn't look too shabby either.

Edit: Someone explain to me, please.

In co-op, when you join a Level 60+ room, and there's a a few Level 100 people in there...why...WHY...do they switch out with some lowly Level 40 4* unit? It doesn't make sense. It can't be for XP, right? I mean, XP is so easy to get...

It's so irritating.

Tessai's normal attack is insane. Yeah people in co op do it for exp, since they count on the higher leveled people to carry them through co op. Usually when lower level people die and they are waiting for me to kill the boss, I stall it out as much as possible

chrono01

I'm not sure if anyone here still plays this game or not, but the stats of the White Day characters were released. Well, for Toshiro, Kenpachi and Hisagi anyway, the others will supposedly come in a second batch. As expected, they're all powerful with nice Soul Traits (Dodge, Normal Attack +, Strong Attack+).

http://imgur.com/a/AcKQe

Also, 11 million download celebration starting (all of those re-rolled accounts!). 50 free Spirit Orbs, as well as a few other bonuses.

cw_sasuke

I'm not sure if anyone here still plays this game or not, but the stats of the White Day characters were released. Well, for Toshiro, Kenpachi and Hisagi anyway, the others will supposedly come in a second batch. As expected, they're all powerful with nice Soul Traits (Dodge, Normal Attack +, Strong Attack+).

http://imgur.com/a/AcKQe

Also, 11 million download celebration starting (all of those re-rolled accounts!). 50 free Spirit Orbs, as well as a few other bonuses.

Thanks for the info - i still play the game daily..as in PvP and doing missions and was just about to post in this thread.

White Day units - as expected look nice. 50 free orbs is nice as well.

So Chrono have you picked up Don yet ? Dem Discomoves...too OP.

chrono01

Thanks for the info - i still play the game daily..as in PvP and doing missions and was just about to post in this thread.

White Day units - as expected look nice. 50 free orbs is nice as well.

So Chrono have you picked up Don yet ? Dem Discomoves...too OP.
I haven't purchased any Kon character yet. I can (I'm currently sitting on just under 1,400 Rare Medals) but I'm still bouncing between choices.

Tessai looks good, but I really only want him as a Technique unit to counter Speed. We should be receiving the 110 Years gatcha sometime this month, and I'm planning on doing a few pulls for it. If I get Yoruichi (who I really want) and Tessai (who seems amazing), I won't really need PVP Tessai.

As for Zangetsu/Toshiro, both look nice and I enjoy both characters. Zangetsu is better, but Toshiro is a Captain and can partner with so many other units. However, if we DO get the co-op event Toshiro, I won't really need the Speed-type of him, despite his stats being slightly higher.

Don Kanonji looks hilarious, and his special actually seems useful to me since I lack one that provides a burn effect (although, if I get 110 Year Tessai, I'll get one then and a much improved one). As an actual character he's pretty weak, but he does look like he'd be fun to play as.

So yeah, I'll probably decide at the end of the month, depending on how things go. I don't really need another 5* right now for my team (outside of a top-tier one, such as Grimmjow/Szayel), as my PVP team consists of Aizen, Nnoitora, and either Valentine Rukia (who actually performs pretty well) and NY Orihime, depending on who I'm up against. Ideally, I'd love the Aizen/Nnoitora/Grimmjow or Aizen/Nnoitora/Szayel combination, but maybe some day...

Speaking of Szayel, how do you like him? I've seen him played in co-op a few times, and his special seems really nice. It speeds up the run considerably when it's used on the boss (assuming the multitude of Renji don't steal the Soul Bombs from him...).

cw_sasuke

I haven't purchased any Kon character yet. I can (I'm currently sitting on just under 1,400 Rare Medals) but I'm still bouncing between choices.

Tessai looks good, but I really only want him as a Technique unit to counter Speed. We should be receiving the 110 Years gatcha sometime this month, and I'm planning on doing a few pulls for it. If I get Yoruichi (who I really want) and Tessai (who seems amazing), I won't really need PVP Tessai.

As for Zangetsu/Toshiro, both look nice and I enjoy both characters. Zangetsu is better, but Toshiro is a Captain and can partner with so many other units. However, if we DO get the co-op event Toshiro, I won't really need the Speed-type of him, despite his stats being slightly higher.

Don Kanonji looks hilarious, and his special actually seems useful to me since I lack one that provides a burn effect (although, if I get 110 Year Tessai, I'll get one then and a much improved one). As an actual character he's pretty weak, but he does look like he'd be fun to play as.

So yeah, I'll probably decide at the end of the month, depending on how things go. I don't really need another 5* right now for my team (outside of a top-tier one, such as Grimmjow/Szayel), as my PVP team consists of Aizen, Nnoitora, and either Valentine Rukia (who actually performs pretty well) and NY Orihime, depending on who I'm up against. Ideally, I'd love the Aizen/Nnoitora/Grimmjow or Aizen/Nnoitora/Szayel combination, but maybe some day...

Speaking of Szayel, how do you like him? I've seen him played in co-op a few times, and his special seems really nice. It speeds up the run considerably when it's used on the boss (assuming the multitude of Renji don't steal the Soul Bombs from him...).

Hmm...any reason why you are specific against Tessai ? He is quite OP for a PvP unit and he takes out Grimm without too much issues. He also has a very useful/strong Soul Link. I would have gotten him if i didnt already had NY Baykuya.

I already got Zangetsu and i like him - dont know which will be my next one, maybe i will wait a bit to see which units are the next PvP rewards. Otherwise im looking mostly for the units with +20 stong atk dmg for VIchigo.

I also wonder when we will get our next free 5* - Renji needs some competition i really hate being in a coop game with Renjis...and its always the same guys that use his Super to further extend the battle -.-

Otherwise we are in more or less the same spot PvP wise i think - as in their isnt much out there right now that would be a mayor boost for the current teams - so yeah will need to wait for the 110 Year gacha and 2x rates.

Szayel is amazing, by far my best unit. fast melee attack speed, dodge, long range specials and a very powerful Super. Looking back im so happy that i was able to pull him. He obviously has good stats as well but it showcases that stats arent everything in this game to be Top tier since animation movements and attackspeed arent factored in stats.

The only units so far can be a mayor issue for him are Aizen and especially Byakuya with the right Gear/Links.

And yes - in coop he is quite good as well because of the Poison Super....wish more players werent so selfish though. Last time was playing Szayel..even though i could have taken the bomb without any problem because of the useful power i didnt because i thought the Healer in our group should take it....but a Renji player took the bomb only to die a few mobs later -.-

chrono01

Hmm...any reason why you are specific against Tessai ? He is quite OP for a PvP unit and he takes out Grimm without too much issues. He also has a very useful/strong Soul Link. I would have gotten him if i didnt already had NY Baykuya.

I already got Zangetsu and i like him - dont know which will be my next one, maybe i will wait a bit to see which units are the next PvP rewards. Otherwise im looking mostly for the units with +20 stong atk dmg for VIchigo.

I also wonder when we will get our next free 5* - Renji needs some competition i really hate being in a coop game with Renjis...and its always the same guys that use his Super to further extend the battle -.-

Otherwise we are in more or less the same spot PvP wise i think - as in their isnt much out there right now that would be a mayor boost for the current teams - so yeah will need to wait for the 110 Year gacha and 2x rates.

Szayel is amazing, by far my best unit. fast melee attack speed, dodge, long range specials and a very powerful Super. Looking back im so happy that i was able to pull him. He obviously has good stats as well but it showcases that stats arent everything in this game to be Top tier since animation movements and attackspeed arent factored in stats.

The only units so far can be a mayor issue for him are Aizen and especially Byakuya with the right Gear/Links.

And yes - in coop he is quite good as well because of the Poison Super....wish more players werent so selfish though. Last time was playing Szayel..even though i could have taken the bomb without any problem because of the useful power i didnt because i thought the Healer in our group should take it....but a Renji player took the bomb only to die a few mobs later -.-
Sorry, I don't mean to sound like I dislike the PVP Tessai. I fully understand/respect that he's a strong member, and he would be an asset to any PVP team. In general, I just prefer melee characters, so if I pulled Yoruichi (who's also Technique), I doubt I'd go back to using Tessai, especially seeing Yoruichi's skillset. But then, I need to actually obtain Yoruichi, which will likely be difficult...

Ugh! I'll think on it.

And yeah, that can upsetting in co-op. I don't run many Level 100 ones, since low level members usually join asking to be carried, or (as you've noticed) characters rushing through grabbing all of the Spirit Bombs, despite there being a status affliction/healer in the group.

As for the White Day characters, you're right in saying that (while their stats/soul traits are obiously nice), ultimately it comes down to their move-set. If they're slow, or have useless abilities, it doesn't really matter what their stats are like. Thankfully, we'll get a "preview" of these characters before they hit Global (unless they do another simultaneous release, like with the Valentine's Day batch), so we'll who we should/shouldn't pull for. I'm thinking of passing, though, since I really want 120 Years Yoruichi/Tessai.

Milr

I'm still playing too, though I lost some steam after I blew all of my orbs on Nel/Nnoitora gacha. I probably set my expectations too high, but it just blows my mind that you can use ~$700-800 worth of orbs and not get what you wanted.

@ chrono, I guess it depends how well your PVP team is doing right now. Being able to take out Grimmjows while having that Nnoitora in the back would just be mindlessly easy wins. I honestly don't believe that new tech Yoroichi is better than Tessai for PVP (which just shows how good he is, I wouldn't expect another PVP character even close to top tier for a while, especially after seeing Don) and the 110 Years Tessai is definitely not a replacement for him, being a mind type.

Just remember to manage your expectations anyways, 110 Years gacha is going to have just as many fillers as Nel/Nnoitora did.

cw_sasuke

So with the new update KlaB introduced KlaB ID to save your progress in the cloud without Facebook, Goofl Play etc. - wish other games would follow as well (PaD, OPTC etc. )

@Chrono
Oh okay i get that Chrono - i also prefer Melee units not just for playing but also PvP thats why i went with Szayel instead of Byakuya for now.

I would love to get a Healer via PvP Medals - im lacking one and im missing Retsu i once had on my old Tablet account.

I'm still playing too, though I lost some steam after I blew all of my orbs on Nel/Nnoitora gacha. I probably set my expectations too high, but it just blows my mind that you can use ~$700-800 worth of orbs and not get what you wanted.

Thats exactly why i didnt want to save up to many stones and pretty much constantly just to keep the disappointment in check. It sucks but the way they are giving out stones at the start - it makes sense.

I needed +1000 stones for my 2nd. 5* after VIchigo, gladly it was Byakuya - another around +1000 fror my next one NY Byakua. Sand who knows how many stones for Nel. Probably wouldnt have bother further if the 5* i pulled werent considered Top Tier.

The last even was by far best one - 4 single pulls and i ended up with Szayel and HM Mayuri. Just nuts and shows how RNG the pulls are.

On the positive side though....pulling a lot also means that you get new units to max level. In addition to Ichigo day, Mission gems, new events, Story mode, Maxing PvP units etc. . Thats why i think its better to pull from time to time in this type of game.

chrono01

@ chrono, I guess it depends how well your PVP team is doing right now. Being able to take out Grimmjows while having that Nnoitora in the back would just be mindlessly easy wins. I honestly don't believe that new tech Yoroichi is better than Tessai for PVP (which just shows how good he is, I wouldn't expect another PVP character even close to top tier for a while, especially after seeing Don) and the 110 Years Tessai is definitely not a replacement for him, being a mind type.

Just remember to manage your expectations anyways, 110 Years gacha is going to have just as many fillers as Nel/Nnoitora did.
Yeah, I'll probably just grab Toshiro and Tessai and call it a day. I'm giving too much thought to this, as I'm sure Kon characters will return in the future (they did for Japan, anyway). I'll get Toshiro, since I like him as a character, and Tessai as a Grimmjow counter.

Concerning pulling/use Spirit Orbs and not getting anything out of it, I can completely understand that. It can be disheartening to save up for a specific batch, blow everything you have, and not get a single advertised unit. I actually quit/stop playing Monster Strike because of this. I had 550 Orbs, which is the equivalent of 2750 Spirit Orbs (since pulls in MS cost five orbs instead of the 25 in BBS). I used them all, trying for Lucy, and didn't get her nor any other decent 5*. It doesn't help that they're extremely cheap in handing out free orbs. I still log in, mostly for the free items, but I don't play a whole lot. :/

I'm definitely setting my expectations for the 110 Year gatcha, no worries there. I'll probably have enough for four multi-pull, but I'm planning on setting my limit to two. That way, I have more Spirit Orbs for future gatcha releases. I honestly don't expect I'll get any of the advertised characters. I've lucked out with the New Year's/Valentine's Day/Nnoitora batch, so my luck has to even out somewhere. I still want to try though, but I won't be going all-in.

Speaking of, White Day has basically been confirmed to launch alongside Global the same time Japan gets it. I'll probably be passing though, as the characters don't really interest me.

So with the new update KlaB introduced KlaB ID to save your progress in the cloud without Facebook, Goofl Play etc. - wish other games would follow as well (PaD, OPTC etc. )

@Chrono
Oh okay i get that Chrono - i also prefer Melee units not just for playing but also PvP thats why i went with Szayel instead of Byakuya for now.

I would love to get a Healer via PvP Medals - im lacking one and im missing Retsu i once had on my old Tablet account.
Yeah, sometimes personal character/type preference beats overall usability, but I'll likely still purchase Tessai just 'cause. He seems like he could be useful.

Adding a healer to the Rare Medal exchange would be great. Attackers are nice, but we need a balance of those as well as status-infliction characters. Well, I guess Don Kanonji counts as a status infliction character with his special, but he's not exactly powerful. :(

qcf x2

There's a new Yoruichi out? I haven't got anything decent for my rolls since the V-day special when I got 5* Inoue (I wanted 5* Momo but Inoue is strong af so I'm not complaining). Since then I probably spent 500-600 orbs and keep getting crap. And when I say crap, I mean like one 4* out of a 10-roll and the rest 3* ...not a single 5*

I was able to Kon buy Tessai, but he's underwhelming so far (may change my mind after I get him to level 100 and max his links). Dumb question, but what constitutes a strong attack? The moves that are mapped to the extra buttons? I thought the strength of those were affected by spiritual energy.

chrono01

She looks really fun. I'm using the yoruichi that's out now and she's pretty fun to use, and the new one looks so much stronger
Indeed. I love her as a character too, so that's another positive.

Oh, check your in-game missions everyone! KLab released some new ones, so if you've been playing for a while chances are you already have them unlocked. Free Spirit Orbs/Coins! If you can't claim them, run a quest and you should be able to collect them.

Milr

I was able to Kon buy Tessai, but he's underwhelming so far (may change my mind after I get him to level 100 and max his links). Dumb question, but what constitutes a strong attack? The moves that are mapped to the extra buttons? I thought the strength of those were affected by spiritual energy.
A strong attack is any of the 3 buttons to the side of the large normal attack button. I have Tessai linked with +44 Strong Attack and he hits Grimmjows for 3.5k with his 3rd strong attack lol.

Oh, check your in-game missions everyone! KLab released some new ones, so if you've been playing for a while chances are you already have them unlocked. Free Spirit Orbs/Coins! If you can't claim them, run a quest and you should be able to collect them.
Rewards were decent, but I thought it was really cool to see game stats for # small/medium/large crystals and total kills. Wish they had more stats like that in profiles.

qcf x2

A strong attack is any of the 3 buttons to the side of the large normal attack button. I have Tessai linked with +44 Strong Attack and he hits Grimmjows for 3.5k with his 3rd strong attack lol.

Rewards were decent, but I thought it was really cool to see game stats for # small/medium/large crystals and total kills. Wish they had more stats like that in profiles.

Thanks! Yolo rolled 3x and got 3* fodder to level up my Tessai... ok, gonna save the last 3 rolls for another time. Something told me go back... first roll, 4* Gin. Next roll, 5* White Day Kenpachi! Def saving my final 25 gems. I am happy.

chrono01

Thanks! Yolo rolled 3x and got 3* fodder to level up my Tessai... ok, gonna save the last 3 rolls for another time. Something told me go back... first roll, 4* Gin. Next roll, 5* White Day Kenpachi! Def saving my final 25 gems. I am happy.
Congrats on the WD Kenpachi!

I've decided to sit this one out and wait for the 110 Year gatcha. The characters there interest me more, but there's no disputing the power of the WD ones. They're all extremely viable characters.

Uthred

I'd like pimp Kenpachi, but after four pulls with just 3*'s I think I'll hold on for hope of a 2x with 110 years ago

qcf x2

When is the 110 year? Also, i just did a VS battle where my current team (atk 396) clobbered a Nel team that had an attack over 500. I really wish I was paying attention to see wth happened, lol. I only selected that opponent because I hit my 5 wins already and I was hoping it would replace that opponent w/ a cupcake.

When is the 110 year? Also, i just did a VS battle where my current team (atk 396) clobbered a Nel team that had an attack over 500. I really wish I was paying attention to see wth happened, lol. I only selected that opponent because I hit my 5 wins already and I was hoping it would replace that opponent w/ a cupcake.

Probably the beginning of April I'm guessing

Milr

Looks like a White Day Grimmjow is mind type. Pretty tempted. Too bad Aizen and Gin have bad soul traits...

Edit:
wHeAYhT.jpg

This game has been brutal lately..

chrono01

Looks like a White Day Grimmjow is mind type. Pretty tempted. Too bad Aizen and Gin have bad soul traits...

Edit:

This game has been brutal lately..
Nice, congrats!

I've still yet to pull the item gatcha. I'm cheap with my Spirit Orbs, so I'm just farming items from co-op and evolving them, haha.

I still need a 5* healer so i pulled for Gin 5* - ended up getting Grimm after 4 single pulls.

I wont complain.
Oh wow, congrats to you too! That single pull luck still working out for you, I'm glad to see it.

cw_sasuke

Yeah, thanks - i dont expect anything from single pulls so its always a nice surprise. Trying to save up enough for 10x pulls only for 2x rate.

chrono01

Yeah, thanks - i dont expect anything from single pulls so its always a nice surprise. Trying to save up enough for 10x pulls only for 2x rate.
Well, whatever you're doing, keep doing it!

I'm tempted to try pulling, just 'cause it's been a long time since I last did (Nnoitora batch), but I think I can hold out a while longer.

Maybe.

cw_sasuke

Well, whatever you're doing, keep doing it!

I'm tempted to try pulling, just 'cause it's been a long time since I last did (Nnoitora batch), but I think I can hold out a while longer.

Maybe.

lol...i just checked out the White Day units and man i would have been disappointed with Gin. Not that he is bad or anything but i pulled in this Gacha thinking that his soul link would be the +20% per section passive heal instead of cdr.

If you decide for a couple pulls - good luck - on reddit a couple have been lucky with their yolo pulls so the chances arent that bad as long as you limit yourself to maybe 2-3 pulls.

Top Bottom