• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BLEACH Brave Souls |OT| (© Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot)

Uthred

No luck with Yolo pulls on either White Day batch unfortunately. Wish there was another way to get items, grown to hate co-op

I could have done one multi-pull, but decided to do a few singles instead to save for the Turn Back the Pendulum gatcha. I ended up doing 4 Pulls: 3 dupe 3*s and then White Day Grimmjow! :eek:

My 5* roster is now:
Vizard Ichigo - Red
Bankai Ichigo - Red
Hiyori - Red
Chad - Red
Zangetsu - Blue
Kendo Kenpachi - Green
Ishida Uryuu - Green
White Day Grimmjow - Orange
Hueco Mundo Orihime - Orange
New Years Kaien - Orange

Edit:
I still need a 5* healer so i pulled for Gin 5* - ended up getting Grimm after 4 single pulls.
HA! We both got him after the same amount of pulls.

chrono01

Pulled once and got Aizen.

Do it Chrono!
You will not fool me! I know a 3* Renji is just waiting for me.

Congrats, BTW!

No luck with Yolo pulls on either White Day batch unfortunately. Wish there was another way to get items, grown to hate co-op
Same. Co-op has the potential to be fun, but there's way too much that bothers me first, namely the low levels joining difficult content. :/

I could have done one multi-pull, but decided to do a few singles instead to save for the Turn Back the Pendulum gatcha. I ended up doing 4 Pulls: 3 dupe 3*s and then White Day Grimmjow! :eek:

My 5* roster is now:
Vizard Ichigo - Red
Bankai Ichigo - Red
Hiyori - Red
Chad - Red
Zangetsu - Blue
Kendo Kenpachi - Green
Ishida Uryuu - Green
White Day Grimmjow - Orange
Hueco Mundo Orihime - Orange
New Years Kaien - Orange

Edit:

HA! We both got him after the same amount of pulls.
Congrats to you on your Grimmjow!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Seems like just with the Valetines Day Gacha we wont be getting the White Day Event/stages. While its nice that we get summon gachas around the same time it kinda sucks that the events and stages stay jpn exclusive. Its likely because the drops and rewards are considered too good for the state of the global version at this point...it still sucks -.-

qcf x2

Pulled once and got Aizen.

Do it Chrono!

Same here! After getting Zaraki in the White Day vol 1 I wasn't going to do any pulls this time. But tonight I took a look at my favorite manga character (Aizen) and decided to do JUST ONE pull, no matter what. And what do you know, I got the god!

cw_sasuke

Japan getting a 2.5x 5* rate up event :eek:
Also a new 5* QCK Byakuya...i need him lol.

chrono01

Japan getting a 2.5x 5* rate up event :eek:
Also a new 5* QCK Byakuya...i need him lol.
I saw that Speed Byakuya last night on NicoNico's stream, he's insane. Extremely fast attack speed, interesting skill-set, and a full-screen special. All great things.

chrono01

I had horrible luck with the rate-up. All I wanted was Tessai or Yoruichi and out of 1500 orbs I got one Kendo Kenpachi (yay /sarcasm) and two (yes, TWO) Kisuke, obviously the weakest of the batch. I can't even use him as a Soul Link since his trait is useless (increased crystal drop, thanks for nothing).

Oh well. I lost interest in the game a while ago, since there's nothing to do but grind events for drops, level up your units, and have absolutely nothing to use them on. No raid bosses, co-op is broken due to no level restrictions (not to mention the lag), so getting nothing out of 1500 orbs doesn't help.

Sad times all around over here. If anyone else pulls, I wish you better luck than I had.

cw_sasuke

I had horrible luck with the rate-up. All I wanted was Tessai or Yoruichi and out of 1500 orbs I got one Kendo Kenpachi (yay /sarcasm) and two (yes, TWO) Kisuke, obviously the weakest of the batch. I can't even use him as a Soul Link since his trait is useless (increased crystal drop, thanks for nothing).

Oh well. I lost interest in the game a while ago, since there's nothing to do but grind events for drops, level up your units, and have absolutely nothing to use them on. No raid bosses, co-op is broken due to no level restrictions (not to mention the lag), so getting nothing out of 1500 orbs doesn't help.

Sad times all around over here. If anyone else pulls, I wish you better luck than I had.

I more or less agree on all points - it doesnt help that my 20 pulls today didnt net me a single 5*, but honestly i dont know if this would have changed my mind. The core gameplay is still good and there is a lot of potential - but the coop integration just kills the game for me.

I will keep following the games future development to see if its worthwile to jump back in at some point...but as of right now i dont see the point.

Uthred

Only had enough for two ten pulls, didnt get a single 5* (Wasnt helped by my brother crowing about getting two ;) ) . I do agree that the game has lost its appeal, it just feels like theres nothing to do, you grind events for characters you wont use and you grind pvp to get characters so you can grind pvp a bit better. Havent done co-op in about a month. The game needs some kind of endgame or some kind of activity that feels genuinely different.

I tossed 625 orbs at the Gatcha and got no 5*s.
4* Purple Shinigami Lisa (New)
4* Orange Young Ukitake (New)
4* Blue Byakuya (New)
4* Blue Gin x3
4* Red Yamamoto x2
4* Green Mayuri
3* Ascension fodder x16

For the past month or so I've just been doing the bare minimum, daily orders + 10 VS battles. There's no real point to the grind. All it does is level up my roster up for more orbs, so I can grind new characters up. None of which I actually use after leveling, outside of a rare, new 5* pull. I refuse to play high level co-op because the whole system for it is garbage, which means I have nothing but crappy accessories and I only get 120-140 pvp medals per week.

All that said, I still enjoy the gameplay and the event stories are always funny. So, I'll keep with my current rotation and hope for improvements / wait for the next story expansion.

Sidenote: I suppose it's a good thing that I grabbed Zangetsu from the shop, since Tessai decided to stick around for another 2 months. I have Kendo Kenpachi and Seele Schneider Ishida, but he seems like a better Green unit.

linkent

Similar to everyone, the game is very lacking in content.
COOP is not helping especially the high level content are not rewarding enough.
Will still play the game but not as efficient as before.

Have better luck for this gacha, but didnt get any of those 110yo characters.
3 5* in 3 multi. 1 each.
Hachigen, Mayuri, Kendopachi.
Will take a while to level those up and do the usual routine again till the next 2x up event.

KLABS is really generous in giving out items.
This whole month is packed with orbs and tickets.
Too bad that they are not focusing more on the gameplay aspect.

Did 750 orbs no 5* and only 2 new 4s (also did 2 10x pulls on white day so that's 1250 orbs with no 5*). I'll probably stop playing this sooner or later lol. The gatcha rate is crap as it is but when I get 10 characters that I already have and within the 10, 4 are the same character.

I'll continue onwards for the month but can see myself stopping because Bleach's storyline isn't even that compelling to me in the first place, and I enjoyed it till the "last" Gestuga Tenshou lol.

Hopefully the April awards will give me good pulls, as the pull to play this is not as strong as OPTC is to me.

Also I hate co-op, always have that one shithead that doesn't contribute, wished you can kick them. I can't even be bothered with any stage that's level 100 recommended on co-op cause people are crap on there taking all the souls only to die and leave the room. Quite annoyed I could've gotten Tensei later, when Zangestu is gone -___-

chrono01

It seems like I wasn't the only one with terrible luck with this gatcha. With these reports, as well as the ones over at Reddit, you have to wonder if they even increased the rate to 6% as advertised. Of course, there's no way in knowing for sure (only KLab knows), but surely this amount of people can't be that unlucky. One guy on Reddit used 2,000 orbs (no, that isn't a type) with not a single 5*. I know, RNG and all, but that shouldn't happen on a x2 gatcha.

They look to be giving out a lot in April, including a guaranteed 5* ticket which is nice. Rewards are doubled too, so you can earn a lot of free orbs that way. However, given that gatcha rates are so low (apparently even with x2 events), no content to work through, and the events themselves having low drop-rates for 3/4* units so you can't even Augment the characters that you DO have, it's just frustrating. The actual gameplay mechanics are a lot of fun. I love the way combat feels and the story segments are interesting. I just wish there was more to it than using orbs every gatcha hoping for something new, and then just waiting for the next gatcha while logging in to do a few PVP battles each day.

Oh, the Kon event is hilarious. He doesn't attack or anything, haha.

If the Kon event had a decent drop rate, I'd farm it with 3 low level characters for EXP and ascension fodder vs doing 153 over and over w/ Zangetsu, Vichigo and one low level character. Instead, I ran the stage 10 times and only got him to drop once.

SoulUnison

Banned
Spent about 450 orbs on the Double Chance pulls and got a 5* Hachigen and a 5* Shinji, who aren't part of the 100-Years Ago pool, but whatever.

Now I have a 5* of every color/attribute, not counting the free 5* Renji.

Uthred

Like a fool I blew the last of my orbs on my third pull, saw that rainbow flash and was happy for a brief second before I saw my third fucking dupe Mayuri. 750 orbs, 1 5* and its a dupe. Going to be a struggle even bothering with the dailies today ;)

I tossed 625 orbs at the Gatcha and got no 5*s.
4* Purple Shinigami Lisa (New)
4* Orange Young Ukitake (New)
4* Blue Byakuya (New)
4* Blue Gin x3
4* Red Yamamoto x2
4* Green Mayuri
3* Ascension fodder x16

I did 6 more pulls today, and got 5 3* junk and a 4* Green Unohana dupe. So that's 775 orbs and no 5*. 2x rate? HA!

chrono01

I did 6 more pulls today, and got 5 3* junk and a 4* Green Unohana dupe. So that's 775 orbs and no 5*. 2x rate? HA!
Yeah, I don't want to say that KLab is lying about the 2x rate...but it definitely feels like it. Hey, at least we have that 5* guaranteed ticket later this month, right? Somehow it'll probably give us Renji...

chrono01

Did another 250 orbs pull, 1500 orbs and not a single 5*, yeah I can see myself quitting from this game soon lol
:(

This gatcha has been really strange. With a 2x rate-up, you should absolutely get at least one 5* out of 1500 orbs. I mean, there's unlucky and then there' broken. Maybe KLab forgot to push the "2x Gatcha" button at HQ. Of course only they know, but it wouldn't surprise me if this gatcha was unintentionally or not, at the standard 1x rate.

Speaking of rates, here's a Japanese player trying for the recent Speed Byakuya. Feel despair, and that 5* pull at the end...only tears...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8XDen_r4-I

And this poor bastard that pulled yet another Aizen. He's cursed with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAzD2d6iA8A

Edit:

Out of nowhere, Part 6 of the story is now available! Time to get those orbs, save up for the Historical gatcha, and pull nothing but 3* and a few 4* when the moment comes.

:(

This gatcha has been really strange. With a 2x rate-up, you should absolutely get at least one 5* out of 1500 orbs. I mean, there's unlucky and then there' broken. Maybe KLab forgot to push the "2x Gatcha" button at HQ. Of course only they know, but it wouldn't surprise me if this gatcha was unintentionally or not, at the standard 1x rate.

Edit:

Out of nowhere, Part 6 of the story is now available! Time to get those orbs, save up for the Historical gatcha, and pull nothing but 3* and a few 4* when the moment comes.
I really don't like the gatcha for this game lmao, especially seeing those videos reinforcing it, I think I'll move on to Granblue Fantasy when the English version comes out next week, playing this probably less as it goes; will I see you there Chrono as well =)?

I really don't like the gatcha for this game lmao, especially seeing those videos reinforcing it, I think I'll move on to Granblue Fantasy when the English version comes out next week, playing this probably less as it goes; will I see you there Chrono as well =)?
I'll be there! They just had a double SSR rate up event there w/ a daily free 10-pull that I rolled on to prepare. I already have a team of 4 SSRs from 4 multi-pulls.

chrono01

I've already been playing for more than a month and even spent a bit of money (on the Start Dash as well as a Surprise Ticket). You'll definitely see me there, haha. I can't wait for the English release, there's so much of the story I want to go back and read.

I'll be there! They just had a double SSR rate up event there w/ a daily free 10-pull that I rolled on to prepare. I already have a team of 4 SSRs from 4 multi-pulls.
Nice to see you join Granblue Fantasy as well. Us gatcha fans have to stick together!

I've already been playing for more than a month and even spent a bit of money (on the Start Dash as well as a Surprise Ticket). You'll definitely see me there, haha. I can't wait for the English release, there's so much of the story I want to go back and read.

Nice to see you join Granblue Fantasy as well. Us gatcha fans have to stick together!
=D
1031179.jpg

Kaimu

Hey, I'm kinda new to this game but I was wondering what the difference is between the two summon options? And any tips for a beginner ? Thanks

linkent

Hey, I'm kinda new to this game but I was wondering what the difference is between the two summon options? And any tips for a beginner ? Thanks

For the top one, you will only get selected pool STR character.
The 5* available, are only Kenpachi, Ichigo, Sajin, Genryusai.
All of them are not really good in PVP.

The top banner will change from time to time for certain pools of character.
Usually there will be 2x rate up at the end/beginning of each month.
Suggest you only pull during those time.

If you are starting, It will be a good idea to reroll till you get a 5* you like at the bottom banner.

Uthred

Used the guaranteed 5* ticket, got a dupe (of a character I already got to 100 so no use for LB'ing), which makes the last two 5* I've got dupes. And its not like I have a ton of them. Was only logging in for dailies but this sort of entirely kills my interest.

I thought the ticket is being given tomorrow (20th)?
I got given it today, for me I got Kendo Kenpachi, yay 5* but also finding myself less inclined to play the game tbph probably finish after this month/use up all my soul gem, can't be bothered to do the daily tasks tbph.

Shame English Granblue is only accessible via Chrome or else I'll join everyone else on it lol, just much more convenient for me to play these on mobile. Likely gonna stop playing this and Tales of Link, and focus on One Piece lol, more time and focus on actual games =P

SoulUnison

Banned
I used the 5* ticket and got another Genryusai, who was my first 5* when the game first came out.

But... Then I used the 9 3* tickets I had stocked up and got a 5* 100 Years Ago Yoruichi.

I thought the ticket is being given tomorrow (20th)?

The dates for everything in this game always seem to be one off for the west.

chrono01

Used the guaranteed 5* ticket, got a dupe (of a character I already got to 100 so no use for LB'ing), which makes the last two 5* I've got dupes. And its not like I have a ton of them. Was only logging in for dailies but this sort of entirely kills my interest.
Ouch, sorry. :/

I used the 5* ticket and got ANOTHER 100 Years Kisuke. That makes three copies of him, in a row. It's infuriating.

I'm losing more and more interest in this game too. The drop-rate for the 4* drops in the events is drastically low (or maybe I'm just cursed), which makes actually augmenting my 5* characters a pain. They could easily double the drop-rate for them, it's not as though they're usable for anything but being fodder (and maybe, the occasional useful Soul Link).

I got given it today, for me I got Kendo Kenpachi, yay 5* but also finding myself less inclined to play the game tbph probably finish after this month/use up all my soul gem, can't be bothered to do the daily tasks tbph.

Shame English Granblue is only accessible via Chrome or else I'll join everyone else on it lol, just much more convenient for me to play these on mobile. Likely gonna stop playing this and Tales of Link, and focus on One Piece lol, more time and focus on actual games =P
Congrats on the Kenpachi!

As for GBF, you know you can download the Chrome app and play it on your phone, right (if you don't want to do it on your PC)? Just make a bookmark to it so you can easily launch the browser and begin playing immediately.

I'm considering dropping a few of my gatcha games too, as my time is pretty consumed by them already. GBF is a definite keep, as is Treasure Cruise. I haven't played much of the latter in the last three weeks or so (outside of logging in for daily rewards), since my box is at 600/600. Skill-up event when? :/

I used the 5* ticket and got another Genryusai, who was my first 5* when the game first came out.

But... Then I used the 9 3* tickets I had stocked up and got a 5* 100 Years Ago Yoruichi.

The dates for everything in this game always seem to be one off for the west.
Oh man, congrats. Getting a 5* with a standard premium ticket is great luck!

I did 15 pulls on the Soul Reaper Academy gacha. 12 dupes, no 5*, only 1 featured unit.

3* Green Rangiku
3* Blue Gin
4* Orange Kira
4* Red Renji [New]
4* Purple Academy Rukia [New]
4* Orange Kira
3* Blue Rukia
3* Red Renji
3* Blue Rukia
3* Green Mayuri
3* Green Ukitake
3* Red Ikkaku
3* Blue Gin
4* Red Rukia [New]
3* Green Rangiku

That brings me to 46 pulls between this and the last gacha w/ no 5*s and only 3 featured units (Vice Captain Lisa, Young Ukitake, Academy Rukia). At least Rukia's Soul Trait is dodge, so that will be a little buff for my links.

Also did 20 pull and only new unit I got was that purple academy Rukia as well, yeah very likely pulling away from this game lol, especially when the last pull (of 6) of another fecking Sugofest on Treasure Cruise at least gave me SW Ace.

Does anyone know if these 3*s are farmable or gacha only?

No. 007 Purple Yumichika
No. 052 Purple Komamura
No. 102 Orange Hitsugaya
No. 117 Orange Ukitake
No. 126 Orange Hisagi

I have a badge on every single other 3*. I'm missing those 5 from my album (I think I fused away Orange Hitsugaya before I knew about badging).

Also did 20 pull and only new unit I got was that purple academy Rukia as well, yeah very likely pulling away from this game lol, especially when the last pull (of 6) of another fecking Sugofest on Treasure Cruise at least gave me SW Ace.
Congrats!

I'm still legendless in OPTC, so I'm feeling the gacha drought in both of these games. At least I've made up for that with a string of SSB draws in FFRK and a reroll of 4 SSRs in GBF (whenever I get around to starting that properly).

linkent

Has stopped going for daily these few days.
Got Soi Fon for my 5* ticket.
Multi New Izuru.
No mood to level them up :(

I used my 5* Ticket today and got Tousen (Blue). He's decent, I guess? *Shrug*

I've been using a team of Vichigo (Red), Zangetsu (Blue), WD Grimmjow (Orange) so I don't see my team changing up with him added, and his trait isn't useful either.

I hope I am able to get someone good from the Legendary Captain's banner. Byakuya (Blue) would replace my Zangetsu, while Isshin (Purple) or Yamamoto (Green) would replace Grimm.

cw_sasuke

Reinstalled the game for a bit because i saw we are getting a free 5* Byakuya.

chrono01

Just when I thought I shook my addiction for this game, it pulls me back in. Back on the orb grind Orz
The list of included 5*'s are great, too.

- HM Kurotsuchi
- Orihime
- Nel
- Kendo Kenpachi
- 110 Years Urahara
- 110 Years Tessai

*New*

- Resurrection Ulquiorra
- Vasto Lord Ichigo
- Shuhei

Damn!

I'm worried about getting dupes of Kendo Kenpachi/Urahara/Orihime, but I'm going to find it really difficult to not spend every Spirit Orb I have on this. All of the "filler" 5* are actually great this time, and not filled with useless ones like prior ones.

Oh, as for the stats for the new characters...

Resurrection Ulquiorra:

Stamina 711
Attack 475
Defense 254
Focus 218
Spiritual Pressure 512
Average 434

Soul Link - Special Attack Damage +20%

Vasto Lord Ichigo:

Stamina 703
Attack 512
Defense 256
Focus 230
Spiritual Pressure 470
Average 434

Soul Link - Normal Attack Damage +20%

Shuhei:

Stamina 689
Attack 467
Defense 266
Focus 225
Spiritual Pressure 457
Average

Soul Link - Attack +27

JUST LOOK AT THAT ICHIGO! All of those beastly stats, plus a Normal Attack Damage + Soul Link. Of course, we don't know how the movesets are for these characters yet (we will tonight/tomorrow), but assuming they're good, these characters are going to be something special (specifically, Ichigo and Ulquiorra).

I'm at ~700 orbs. I think I'm going to skip this months big gacha (Historical Captains) and save for that one. The golden 2 part means 2x rate up, right?
Looking at last time, that won't matter for me even if it does >_>.

On a positive note, I really love how Freeyakuya plays. I gather that his stats are likely nothing stellar, but his moveset is really fun. Also, this event is just raining 3* Bya drops; which has allowed me to already fully ascend him. He should hit 100% by the end of the weekend. This event has given me reason to continue playing the game, after badging nearly all of the 3* characters (missing 3 gacha folk), getting completely screwed over in the Turn Back the Pendulum gacha and getting Tousen for my free 5*.

All 3 look great. The only thing I'm a bit concerned about for Ichigo is that he doesn't have any low CD attacks. It's 2 Med CDs + 1 High CD.

chrono01

All 3 look great. The only thing I'm a bit concerned about for Ichigo is that he doesn't have any low CD attacks. It's 2 Med CDs + 1 High CD.
That power, though!

Also, the new Karin Kon character is pretty nice. I just got her, so I need to play more before I decide fully, but she seems pretty strong. A ranged Speed unit, with a Dodge Soul Trait and decent abilities. She attacks pretty fast too, although her HP is a little low. However, given that she's ranged that shouldn't be a problem if you play smart. I'd say she's worth the purchase for the Soul Trait alone. I'm considering grabbing a second of her.

Uthred

Only had enough for one ten pull, tragically no super dad (or any 5* for that matter). Double rates are odd in gacha games, you know its only doubling a small chance but you feel getting a five star should be a certainty.

chrono01

I assume the double drop rate is not for the premium summons also?
Correct, just the advised banner.

Only had enough for one ten pull, tragically no super dad (or any 5* for that matter). Double rates are odd in gacha games, you know its only doubling a small chance but you feel getting a five star should be a certainty.
Sorry man. :/

Yeah, I rolled 33 times in the recent LegendFes in Granblue Fantasy, no SSR. I haven't rolled for the banner in Brave Souls yet, mainly because I'm waiting for the Vasto Lord Ichigo one. I doubt I'll pull much then either, but I feel I need to try.

Also did 10 pull, got nothing but dupes and no 5* again, yep done with this game lol. Will move on to Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing mobile when they come lol

Tbf the games good and doesn't push you badly to pay but I just find myself not bothering to do anymore battles cause they become tedious when you don't have anyone to level up etc lol

chrono01

Also did 10 pull, got nothing but dupes and no 5* again, yep done with this game lol. Will move on to Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing mobile when they come lol

Tbf the games good and doesn't push you badly to pay but I just find myself not bothering to do anymore battles cause they become tedious when you don't have anyone to level up etc lol
Exactly this. The game is a lot of fun, and pretty fair in that high-tier 5* aren't really needed (except in PVP, if you want to consistently rank high), but gets boring after a while if you continually use the same 5* over and over,

You can, however, grab new characters from the Medal Exchange, and some of them (the recent Karin, for example) are a lot of fun to play as. All you need to do is play a few PVP matches a day and you're set! I know, they're not at the same level as the "premium" units (obviously), but still not a bad diversion as you're earning free/in-game Spirit Orbs to "hopefully" pull something of use from the gatcha.

If you do leave though, I won't blame you. I know I felt that way back when I blew 1550+ Spirit Orbs on the TBTP gatcha, with only two Urahara and a Keno Kenpachi to show for it.

Top Bottom