• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard Trademarks The Dark Below [Hoax, anyone can register trademarks as Blizzard]

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
You know that's not how it works.

Everything is corruption. Corruption encompasses all.

You too shall be corrupted.

Well, those damn voices do still talk to me...

"They will betray you..."
"Yeah, yeah. Good night already."

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It's Diablo 3 expansion for certain... the next WoW expansion is Burning Legion related, so "The Dark Below" doesn't make any sense.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
It's Diablo 3 expansion for certain... the next WoW expansion is Burning Legion related, so "The Dark Below" doesn't make any sense.

Not necessarily. Most of the speculation that the next expansion would be Burning Legion themed comes from Wrathion's dialogue during the legendary quest, but in the later parts of it, he does mention that there is still time before they return.

Trickster

The Dark Below is an actual place in the WoW universe, someone linked to it's wowpedia page on the first page in this topic :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Holy shit, you guys are right... Burning Legion might be an even further expansion? That's crazy. Also, this:

A5pPxNb.png

Has got me hyped... looks real and solid as hell!

Akey

Banned
Its probably just a zone where you kill onyxia over and over. Its been a few years since...I miss being hyped for WoW :(

It's weird. I quit WoW for good last year after content updates were super sparse (and not very exciting) but I thought MoP was pretty good. I may get pulled back in for the end of MoP and the start of this one. The tendrils are always there... waiting to pull you back.

Yoshichan

Its probably just a zone where you kill onyxia over and over. Its been a few years since...I miss being hyped for WoW :(
No, that was the WotlK mess that has already happened :3.

Yoshichan

No, August was something else. Blizzcon 2011 was 21st and 22nd of October.
Jesus Christ, I'm stupid and tired. I even linked to the Blizzcon OT and I saw that it was indeed made in October :lol Dunno where I got August from...

Garryk

I'm not sure what the difference would be. Lich Queen or corruption, she will never be "good" again. Whatever she becomes, I hope its because she wills it to be so, and not because of an outside force.
I don't want Sylvanas to die is what it boils down to. We are running out of OG Horde faction leaders:

Thrall dirty hippy
Cairne Bloodhoof deceased
Vol'jin
Sylvanas

Who knows what will happen to Vol'jin in 5.4. We could have 100% turnover by the next xpac.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I don't want Sylvanas to die is what it boils down to. We are running out of OG Horde faction leaders:

Thrall dirty hippy
Cairne Bloodhoof deceased
Vol'jin
Sylvanas

Who knows what will happen to Vol'jin in 5.4. We could have 100% turnover by the next xpac.

Well then, how about Azshara comes back with a fury and kills both Malfurion and Tyrande? =)

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Tyrande only plz, she has no more importance to the overall story since Malfurion returned from the Emerald Dream

Xiaoki

Sounds like a full underground expansion.

It was a mistake for LotRO: Mines of Moria and it would be a mistake for WoW.

Syf

Banned
Really hoping it's a Diablo 3 expansion. If they finally fix the itemization and add in a load of content, I'll have a reason to start playing again.

Path of the titans sounded cool.

For sure. I'm hopeful we might see it in the future once Blizzard is able to figure out how exactly to implement it. Or at least parts of it. More customization is always welcome.

It could be a mix of both underground and water zones. Deepholm and Vash'jir were both memorable.

Disconnected zones are probably the worst thing that could happen to WoW, I think. It's part of the reason why Cataclysm wasn't that well-liked. I guess I might be alone here, but I love being able to fly from zone to zone in Pandaria. But a lot of that is because I love world PvP. The best part of the game is the world and breaking that up wouldn't be a good idea.

Loxley

The thing I'm looking forward to the most with the next WoW expansion is the revamped character models (which Blizzard confirmed they were working on pre-MoP launch), can't wait to see'em.

Garryk

The thing I'm looking forward to the most with the next WoW expansion is the revamped character models (which Blizzard confirmed they were working on pre-MoP launch), can't wait to see'em.

I'm guessing after the stuff happening in Mists, we will finally be able to make Maghar/Blackrock orcs and Dark Iron dwarves too.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

The new 5.4 Garrosh's model use plenty of new animations. I wouldn't be surprised if the updated orc player model use them. They look pretty nice.

Loxley

The new 5.4 Garrosh's model use plenty of new animations. I wouldn't be surprised if the updated orc player model use them. They look pretty nice.

I've just been under the assumption that with the new models will come revamped character animations as well. Probably not for the any of the expansion-Races, but hopefully for all of the vanilla ones.

Berordn

Disconnected zones are probably the worst thing that could happen to WoW, I think. It's part of the reason why Cataclysm wasn't that well-liked. I guess I might be alone here, but I love being able to fly from zone to zone in Pandaria. But a lot of that is because I love world PvP. The best part of the game is the world and breaking that up wouldn't be a good idea.

A number of developers on the team agree that this was one of Cataclysm's biggest failings. Even though Pandaria got kind of silly in the end with Isle of Thunder not being on the Pandaria map and having all these things happening on Kalimdor, but the main focus of the expansion was a single continent at least.

Nokterian

I know blizzard will make a announcement soon about this using those same words every single time "it is trademarked for everything from books to comics blablabla". But we know better by know i guess this will be another WoW Expansion.

I'd be far more excited if they announced old school servers with old school rules (pick up to whatever expansion you like), as opposed to another expansion that ultimately adds very little new to the whole experience other than gold inflation and all your gear/skills becoming worthless.

Top Bottom