• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard's new president under Microsoft will be Call of Duty GM Johanna Faries

Cyberpunkd

You’d be laughed out of any room where you tried to paint a picture that the CEOs of Microsoft, Google and Nvidia weren’t doing poorly at their jobs. MS and NVIDiA in particular
Again, is it them or general market trends? Do not mistake influence of a single person with general forces shaping the market.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
“Listen mode” = you bet your ass huge changes are coming with no regards to end results, I need to justify this gig to whoever hired me.

Bobby:

Happy The Rock GIF

Man, I miss this guy already.

In Spain we have a saying “después vendrá quien a mi bueno me hará” which roughly translates to: someone will come after me who will make me look good.

It’s not cloning, it’s just dressing “white”. If you’re a minority in corporate and want to climb the ladder, you gotta dress and look a certain way. If you don’t, you’re not climbing anywhere.
Unfortunate but true. Similar to how all news anchors from non-local stations seem to have the same standardized robot accent.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
It’s not cloning, it’s just dressing “white”. If you’re a minority in corporate and want to climb the ladder, you gotta dress and look a certain way. If you don’t, you’re not climbing anywhere.
Except I was told years ago being a minority in the Xbox cooperate ladder gave you a leg up

And if you were a minority woman you were already 2 steps ahead of the white males looking for the same promotions

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
A female black tranny must be the rarest unicorn trifecta of the most important CEO attributes to Microsoft
I can promise you I was told a minority lesbian had the biggest advantage of all

I know he wasn't making this up because he actually bitched about the process several times how people he hand picked because of actual talent were not giving keys promotions because of those other "factors"

Except I was told years ago being a minority in the Xbox cooperate ladder gave you a leg up

And if you were a minority woman you were already 2 steps ahead of the white males looking for the same promotions
Nah, that's not true. They have to like you and you have to fit a description. Ain't no ugly ass/aggro minority women getting promotions. You just get tolerated and given an occasional pay raise. If you actually want to climb the corporate ladder, you gotta look a certain way, dress a certain way, and be a "team player"(dick ride).

Fake

I fancy the new Bethesda's boss. Imagine being VP of a videogames division after 3 years of experience in "integration and casual games" and a career in tattoos and skin care before that. Awesome stuff.

9psWZ2Y.png

To me, a top executive of a videogames company, the one making core business decisions, can only be an individual with a hardcore track record in the industry. People who are level 50 in Excel sheets and beggars of an easy mode for Souls games should not apply.

Can't say I surprise by this. Pretty much smell DEI.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Nah, that's not true. They have to like you and you have to fit a description. Ain't no ugly ass/aggro minority women getting promotions. You just get tolerated and given an occasional pay raise. If you actually want to climb the corporate ladder, you gotta look a certain way, dress a certain way, and be a "team player"(dick ride).
I can't speak for looks and acting a certain way

But when the then VP at Xbox tells me the powers that be give special points to minority women and fast tracking their careers because of those points I can promise you I believe him

So not trying to be a dick but don't tell me what's not true when it came straight from the source

I can't speak for looks and acting a certain way

But when the then VP at Xbox tells me the powers that be give special points to minority women and fast tracking their careers because of those points I can promise you I believe him

So not trying to be a dick but don't tell me what's not true when it came straight from the source
I'm not sure what we're arguing then because nobody is denying she's a DEI hire. I said that in my first post. What I'm explaining is why she was chosen over the multitude of other minority women in Microsoft and there are a lot. I can tell you from experience.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I'm not sure what we're arguing then because nobody is denying she's a DEI hire. I said that in my first post. What I'm explaining is why she was chosen over the multitude of other minority women in Microsoft and there are a lot. I can tell you from experience.
You told me my post was not true

Maybe I mistook that as you were saying my post was 100% true

My bad

90 Day Fiance Idk GIF by TLC Europe

YuLY

Well that sucks.

🤡 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡
It is fine that I got laid off, this diverse courageous strong woman will lead Blizzard into a new tomorrow.
🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Peak Blizzard was 98-2004, and they were never like that ever again. Current Blizzard is only in name, these people are no longer capable of making the games we would expect from them and this new diverse chick aint gonna change anything regarding it. The last straw was when Samwise left.

twilo99

That has been the norm across the Bay Area tech sector for a while, well maybe except whatever Musk is involved in,
and let’s not talk about what’s been happening with most universities.

Last edited:
Top Bottom