• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlizzCon 2023 - Nov 3 - 4

TVexperto

Opening ceremony is a couple hours away.

Blizzard's new IP (the survival game) is expected to debut.

The WoW what's next panel is definitely announcing something for the 20th anniversary next year, probably another expansion (cutting Dragonflight short).

Blizzard's new IP (the survival game) is expected to debut??? nothing points to this so im not sure wheere you picked it up

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I would be ECSTATIC if MS announced that all Battle.net games can be transferred to Steam or even the Xbox store.

That move alone would create some excitement for me at the beginning.

Mortisfacio

I'm cautiously optimistic, but years of disappointment have stalled my hype. Dragonflight is far better than Shadowlands, so that's progress. Would love them to have a new expansion that's even better, but Blizz seems to always launch a dud after a good expansion.

D4 launched with a good campaign, bad endgame. Season 1 was worse. Season 2 is actually better. Hoping there's some cool news for progress there. D3 sucked until RoS, then it became one of my most played games the last decade. Played nearly every season (missed a few around season 14, because I lost a HC character to a network outage and I rage quit).

Have heard no rumors about the Survival game being announced, though, but would be cool to see. Would hope for an actual return to the in person event that they have bigger news, unlike that Diablo: Immortal year that was entirely pointless announcement wise.

Mortisfacio

Weird that people would get excited about Blizzard in 2023. They're a piece of shit company making crappy games that exploit their customers. The guys that made Diablo 2 and Starcraft are not coming through that door.

Chris Metzen is back, though. But yah otherwise it's a shell of its former self. I stopped playing Overwatch after Kaplan left. He was the heart and soul of that game.

Weird that people would get excited about Blizzard in 2023. They're a piece of shit company making crappy games that exploit their customers. The guys that made Diablo 2 and Starcraft are not coming through that door.
Honestly..It is the truth of it. Blizzard sucks, has sucked, and continues to suck. With a capital S. The only game my wife plays is WoW and even she'll admit how horrible it's been for a while.

Being as this is their first Blizzcon since the pandemic, I'd expect it to be a good one.... But it's also Blizzard, so I expect them to disappoint.

What I'd love?

WoW 2. Or Wow Classic with updated Graphics and Animations. That's all I need. I've been playing through Classic with the A.I. voice mod, and it's been so fun playing slowly and getting into it.

Last edited:

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
b54a28e68906bbc480c4c39c76555b215c9fac37.gif

Honestly..It is the truth of it. Blizzard sucks, has sucked, and continues to suck. With a capital S. The only game my wife plays is WoW and even she'll admit how horrible it's been for a while.

Being as this is their first Blizzcon since the pandemic, I'd expect it to be a good one.... But it's also Blizzard, so I expect them to disappoint.

What I'd love?

WoW 2. Or Wow Classic with updated Graphics and Animations. That's all I need. I've been playing through Classic with the A.I. voice mod, and it's been so fun playing slowly and getting into it.
WoW 2 is pretty much the oh shit button for Blizzard. I don't think it's quite time yet.

Ogbert

What was depressing about D4 was that they clearly
made so much effort, and it still sucked.

I can deal with the cynical financial stuff as long as the core product is still good.

But it’s not.

Ogbert

It's not just an MMO. Its THE MMO. Regardless of how the game would turn out, you have it admit it would be one of the biggest announcements in gaming history.
It would be amazing, but it just won’t happen.

They would be cannibalising their own product. The only way I could see it happening is if was designed for console too.

Xyphie

WoW: Next expansion is obviously happening.
WoW Classic: SoM2/Classic Fresh? Cataclysm Classic?
Overwatch: New characters or whatever. Who cares anymore?
Diablo IV: Seems too early for an full on expansion? Some sort of Character class DLC and some new zones maybe?
Warcraft Rumble/Diablo Immortal: They'll remind people these games exists and get boo'ed.
Hearthstone: Does anyone play anything but Battlegrounds anymore?
Odyssey: Probably too early?

It would be amazing, but it just won’t happen.

They would be cannibalising their own product. The only way I could see it happening is if was designed for console too.
It would certainly be designed with console in mind, and I don't think it will happen. As I posted, it's literally an oh shit button, IMO. I think the ABK deal makes it even less likely, now.

Last edited:

Ogbert

It would certainly be designed with console in mind, and I don't think it will happen. As I posted, it's literally an oh shot button, IMO. I think the ABK deal makes it even less likely, now.
I could see them doing a ‘reset’ of sorts. And like Destiny 2, archiving loads of content and then reintroducing it again.

For example, almost relaunching Vanilla Azeroth with all new assets and completely revamped gameplay. In terms of a timeline, it could be up to date and have a new storyline.

But it would be so, so much work for them.

I could see them doing a ‘reset’ of sorts. And like Destiny 2, archiving loads of content and then reintroducing it again.

For example, almost relaunching Vanilla Azeroth with all new assets and completely revamped gameplay. In terms of a timeline, it could be up to date and have a new storyline.

But it would be so, so much work for them.
Maybe. I think a shared world game in the Warcraft universe wouldn't be a bad idea if they want something new.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Jesus Christ

Gudji

Forgot about this. Curious to see what happening with classic, if they have some classic+ stuff might end up subbing for a while.

ManaByte

Forgot about this. Curious to see what happening with classic, if they have some classic+ stuff might end up subbing for a while.
People demanded WoW Classic but now they're just gradually releasing all the expansions for it. So what's the point? It's eventually going to catch up to retail.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I expect Phil Spencer will show up with gamepass inclusions that are planned.

I’d love at a tease for the Diablo expansion to include Amazon.

I’ll also suck a dick for some real D2R support.

Draugoth

Gold Member
What was depressing about D4 was that they clearly
made so much effort, and it still sucked.

I can deal with the cynical financial stuff as long as the core product is still good.

But it’s not.

It's a good looking game that was pushed for GaaS. The quality is there, but what could have been amazing was torn apart in favour of trash design by the greediness of bobby kotick and his suits.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Just pointing out that this is the first time in history that Blizzcon tickets didn't sell out, even when they used to go higher than $800.

It's so bad that even scalpers can't sell any tickets so they're actually going lower on the 2ndhand market

ManaByte

Just pointing out that this is the first time in history that Blizzcon tickets didn't sell out, even when they used to go higher than $800.

It's so bad that even scalpers can't sell any tickets so they're actually going lower on the 2ndhand market
SDCC didn't sell out either. People don't do cons after COVID.

Top Bottom