• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlizzCon 2023 - Nov 3 - 4

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
My first run was a mix between sorcerer and melee. I started Melee then switched to sorcery halfway. This time I am going full Dex.
In my last playthrough I did Faith/Dex because I was going for lightning focus build and almost all lightning weapons are dex weapons….which is weird, they should have scale with faith not dex.

Yep. I loved the zones themselves. Exploring the Waking Shore felt fantastic. I just wish the narrative and quests within were not absolute trash. I am all for diverse characters as well - I love Emil and Kaine for example - but they are written to be characters. None of the characters in DF were written to be believable, but just to fill checkmarks.
Really, the best aspect of Dragonflight has been exploring and the dragon riding itself. I really liked the environments of the Dragon Isle, some of my favorite in an MMO in a long time.... I just wish I had a better reason to be their. I agree that the writing/questing in general felt inoffensively boring and unmotivating. It's... just.. nothing to care about. It's a pretty fish bowl that's fun to swim around in, but it's all superfluous.

Mortisfacio

Really, the best aspect of Dragonflight has been exploring and the dragon riding itself. I really liked the environments of the Dragon Isle, some of my favorite in an MMO in a long time.... I just wish I had a better reason to be their. I agree that the writing/questing in general felt inoffensively boring and unmotivating. It's... just.. nothing to care about. It's a pretty fish bowl that's fun to swim around in, but it's all superfluous.

The only quest lines I felt were genuinely amusing were the main quests. All the side quest content is pretty bad from a narrative standpoint. I've slain the Lich King. Fought back Deathwing. Went to hell itself and returned. I don't want to tend to some dragonkin garden.

I did like the end of the main isles quest, though, where it jokingly returns you to 2004 WoW.

LukeAJN

I haven't read any quest text and hardly watch any cinematic in the game for a long time, but tbf I think they intentionally slowed everything down and made it a bit 'boring' to counteract how annoyed the players were about how 'cosmic' the stakes and villains had gotten.

I haven't read any quest text and hardly watch any cinematic in the game for a long time, but tbf I think they intentionally slowed everything down and made it a bit 'boring' to counteract how annoyed the players were about how 'cosmic' the stakes and villains had gotten.
I'm all for them toning back the cosmic stuff if they won't full lean into the Cthulhu mythos they've been teasing for so long.

The problem is they are so afraid of risk that the "grounded" stories are all just fluff pieces and boring ones at that. I just want a little more War in my Warcraft.

geary

I want an expansion where i fight some familiar races and not the ones invented after Wotlk. I want to fight globlins and nagas in STV, i want undeads in Duskwood, i want murlocs in Elwynn Forest and gnols in redridge, not some invented 10th dwarf race…I want a grounded expansion…

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Weird that people would get excited about Blizzard in 2023. They're a piece of shit company making crappy games that exploit their customers. The guys that made Diablo 2 and Starcraft are not coming through that door.

internet what GIF

Top Bottom