• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlizzCon 2023 - Nov 3 - 4

It's just kind of laughable going from cutting edge CGI to WOW graphics. It would be much better if they stylized the CGI to at least resemble WOW gaming experience

Last edited:

Laieon

Anduin pulled a Neville Longbottom.

385526239_343422748170584_6298877937999483996_n.png

It's just kind of laughable going from cutting edge CGI to WOW graphics. It would be much better if they stylized the CGI to at least resemble WOW gaming experience

It's always a pleasure to see the cinematic team at work, but I wouldn't necessarily mind this. I personally adore WoW's graphics (even Vanilla's) and think they're as timeless as something like Katamari Damacy or Wind Waker, so I wouldn't at all mind them pivoting towards more game-like CG.

Last edited:

Luipadre

graphics look so fucking dated holy shit.

Yeah this was the perfect time to make a new wow with new engine and do this new storyline. Its obvious that wow 2 will never gonna happen. Also i wont go back until they make this game b2p without monthly fee.

Last edited:

Interfectum

Yeah this was the perfect time to make a new wow with new engine and do this new storyline. Its obvious that wow 2 will never gonna happen. Also i wont go back until they make this game b2p without monthly fee.
They could be adding new tech to the engine though, we'll have to see what these panels have to say about graphics.

Kenpachii

I expected a wow 2 trailer that comes after the saga, so they have like 5 years the time or whatever long to get it going. But this is lackbusting as shit.

Laieon

They could be adding new tech to the engine though, we'll have to see what these panels have to say about graphics.

To this day one of my favorite panels at anything, Blizzcon or not, is the (iirc) Cataclysm Art panel because they did a nice deep dive on the tech they were introducing and how the artists were utilizing it. Just really interesting stuff.

Not at all surprised that this community isn't liking this though since it's been down on Blizzard for years now. Hope y'all someday get what you're looking for, but I'm excited. :)

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Time to finish dragon flight on my warlock.

Hyped for this new saga.

Gonna probably run through wow classic hardcore too once I catch up on retail.

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
My friends already pre-order 11.0. I will when I get access to my pc. The gryphon mount with dragon flying is awesome from what I hear.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
After how horribly written, even for Blizzard Standards, the last three expansions were - I have no hope for this.

Tg89

Only thing left at Blizzard is the production quality and the names of the IPs. It’s crazy the fall from grace they’ve had in the last 20 years from a gameplay perspective.

Yonyx

Dunno. I just came back to the game myself after many years, and there are so many cards and options I can't even begin to understand how to construct a good deck. I also have 107 unopened packs. Would probably spend more time opening them than actually playing. Just too much, it feels like.
Now you can open all the packs at once and then you get a summary of what you got. At least on PC.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Dragon Flying is fun as hell. The initial leveling was a lot of fun also.

I loved Dragon Flying and... that is really the only thing I enjoyed this expansion before dropping it after the first patch.

I despise what they did to the world. It feels like a "safe space" than Warcraft. These aren't dragons, these are femboys in fursuits (scale suits?). The narrative is as slacktivist as you can get, putting even the recent Spider-Man 2 to shame. Patronizing and pandering in equal measure.

That's fine. I like what I like.
That is perfectly fine! I am glad you enjoy it and I hope this expansion is great for you. I will be over in the old folks home wishing for my version of Warcraft to return. I don't see why they couldn't do both. They certainly have the manpower for it.

Tg89

That is perfectly fine! I am glad you enjoy it and I hope this expansion is great for you. I will be over in the old folks home wishing for my version of Warcraft to return. I don't see why they couldn't do both. They certainly have the manpower for it.
Eh, they don't have the talent for it. Blizzard didn't just choose to stop making great games. Maybe they could get the narrative back on track but that's ultimately a small part of what made the early versions of WoW so good - and they've proven they're incapable or unwilling to do the other stuff.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Eh, they don't have the talent for it. Blizzard didn't just choose to stop making great games. Maybe they could get the narrative back on track but that's ultimately a small part of what made the early versions of WoW so good - and they've proven they're incapable or unwilling to do the other stuff.

Personally I would argue its the largest part. The sense of adventure, the focus on the player's journey and the *world* of warcraft. Not heavily focused narratives and linear zone design. The stories weren't usually *amazing*, but they facilitated the gameplay exceedingly well. From traveling down through Mara, exploring the eastern plaguelands, to helping stop a workers uprising in Deadmines.

Now we get some blue-haired moron smacking us over the head with the typical slacktivism, and writing full of patronizing/pandering nonsense.

Mossybrew

I despise what they did to the world. It feels like a "safe space" than Warcraft.
How so? I mean, leveling out in the world hasn't been dangerous for a long time. Dragonflight was the first expansion I didn't play, so if they made the leveling experience even safer and easier that would be a bummer.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
How so? I mean, leveling out in the world hasn't been dangerous for a long time. Dragonflight was the first expansion I didn't play, so if they made the leveling experience even safer and easier that would be a bummer.

I mean more in the tone and story. Everyone is friendly, everyone is hugs and kisses. There are few moments in the way of actual Warcraft and it feels like a land of carebears than the home of dragons.

Mossybrew

I mean more in the tone and story. Everyone is friendly, everyone is hugs and kisses. There are few moments in the way of actual Warcraft and it feels like a land of carebears than the home of dragons.
Oh, that kind of safe space. Yeah sounds pretty weak.

Mortisfacio

You mean to tell me you don't like the quests where you need to help the dragons tend to their flowers in the garden?

Laieon

Personally I would argue its the largest part. The sense of adventure, the focus on the player's journey and the *world* of warcraft. Not heavily focused narratives and linear zone design. The stories weren't usually *amazing*, but they facilitated the gameplay exceedingly well. From traveling down through Mara, exploring the eastern plaguelands, to helping stop a workers uprising in Deadmines.

Now we get some blue-haired moron smacking us over the head with the typical slacktivism, and writing full of patronizing/pandering nonsense.

Blue haired morons make pretty fun games.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Elden Ring will give you "right" type of treatment....

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Elden Ring will give you "right" type of treatment....

Working through a second platinum on PS4 for that game. One of the best in recent years!
Blue haired morons make pretty fun games.
It was even better before they arrived :p

You mean to tell me you don't like the quests where you need to help the dragons tend to their flowers in the garden?
I know, it is absolutely shocking. Personally I would rather clean outhouses and stab Ventures for 3 hours for Stranglethorn pages again.

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
I loved Dragon Flying and... that is really the only thing I enjoyed this expansion before dropping it after the first patch.

I despise what they did to the world. It feels like a "safe space" than Warcraft. These aren't dragons, these are femboys in fursuits (scale suits?). The narrative is as slacktivist as you can get, putting even the recent Spider-Man 2 to shame. Patronizing and pandering in equal measure.
I agree it was super safe and huggy. I don't like the pandering either. I did enjoy the not shadowlands vibe of being in a living world as I was leveling though. I really enjoyed lvling tbh. But the story didn't really stick with me. My guild also fell apart. So Dragonflight has had some really great moments for me and some not so great.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
I agree it was super safe and huggy. I don't like the pandering either. I did enjoy the not shadowlands vibe of being in a living world as I was leveling though. I really enjoyed lvling tbh. But the story didn't really stick with me. My guild also fell apart. So Dragonflight has had some really great moments for me and some not so great.

Yep. I loved the zones themselves. Exploring the Waking Shore felt fantastic. I just wish the narrative and quests within were not absolute trash. I am all for diverse characters as well - I love Emil and Kaine for example - but they are written to be characters. None of the characters in DF were written to be believable, but just to fill checkmarks.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Working through a second platinum on PS4 for that game. One of the best in recent years!
I also platinum the game but I want to do another playthrough before DLC comes out with fresh start and this time pure sorcerer build. In most FROM games always gravitate towards melee build but I want give sorcerer build a try.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
I also platinum the game but I want to do another playthrough before DLC comes out with fresh start and this time pure sorcerer build. In most FROM games always gravitate towards melee build but I want give sorcerer build a try.

My first run was a mix between sorcerer and melee. I started Melee then switched to sorcery halfway. This time I am going full Dex.

Top Bottom