• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloated, PR paste-bin |OT|s are a plague on these boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I went into that DMC Trilogy thread and came out shaking my head. No way in hell I'm reading all that - and I'm actually interested in picking up the collection, having played none of the games.

Less is more as far as I'm concerned.

If you're already interested in the game, what info do you need that you could only get from a brief GAF OT that can't be found very easily somewhere else?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
OT OPs as is are pretty useless. they're a wall of information that can be easily accessed elsewhere.

You try using Bulbapedia or Serebii to follow updates for a Poke game? It's maddening. I think the format in my BW OT is more readable. :p (Although sometimes not entirely up to date...)

Then you'd get people posting text images to save character space.

We already have people doing this. (Hello FF Type-0 OT.)

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
If you're going to waste so much time gathering all that info you might as well dump it neatly on a wikia and use links to the respective sections on the OP for people who are interested in the in-depth info (or just a single link to the wiki). Clean and useful.

I rarely read OTs (unless if it's one of those funny ones) but if there's one thing that annoys me is when text is on jpgs. On the off chance I need to get info from the OP I can't text search for it and it's pretty much useless in that case.

wanna see PR-waste viral marketing bin? how bout 3 fucking Mass Effect 3 OT threads in the first page? if you wanna see viral marketing, look no further

ME3 actually does warrant the separation, as there is an OT just for multiplayer (and people who may not want to have the story in a primarily single-player RPG talked about and the possibility that someone isn't careful with their spoilers), a regular OT, and a thread for people to come to in order to cope with the ending.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
wanna see PR-waste viral marketing bin? how bout 3 fucking Mass Effect 3 OT threads in the first page? if you wanna see viral marketing, look no further

One of those threads is almost pure anger/hatred. Not exactly good viral marketing.

You mean the concise 1 post thread? The spoiler thread that exists for pretty much every story driven game? Or the mp thread about the MP that is almost a whole game unto itself and thus needed? Yeah what a pr statement.

The bias here couldn't be more obvious.

Dresden

The biggest of which is a thread that's almost solely for talking shit about the game! Funny how it works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom