• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne Coming 2/6/2015 to PS4, Collector’s Edition Detailed

VanWinkle

So, help a guy who hasn't spent any real time in Demon's Souls and no time at all in Dark Souls understand. Does this game have a story to it, where you actually progress through it, or does it have a mission structure similar to something like that of Monster Hunter and Soul Sacrifice, where you just do missions and discover some lore and whatnot?

Mumford

Guys, there's no way the CE is sold out. I've been paying attention to the page since the PS Blog thing was posted and there hasn't even been an option to pre order it so far.

sense

If I were to pre order this from US PSN will it unlock at 12est or 3est?

3 est is what i have seen for sony published games but it could change closer to release but i would go with 3. acti and ubi are at 3 too and only EA games are unlocked at 12 est

That'd be great if I ever sold games.

I'm talking about the standalone steelbook case you're talking about receiving in addition to the standard game and case. Why would you have to sell the game?

Obviously not all people want the hassle of selling something, I'm simply stating there is a marked value for those items on the larger market

Cess007

Guys, there's no way the CE is sold out. I've been paying attention to the page since the PS Blog thing was posted and there hasn't even been an option to pre order it so far.

Some people has mentioned that the most probable thing is that the CE hasn't actually being available yet.

3 est is what i have seen for sony published games but it could change closer to release but i would go with 3. acti and ubi are at 3 too and only EA games are unlocked at 12 est

Cool I guess i'll buy it from amazon. I would only get it from PSN if i could play at midnight.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm talking about the standalone steelbook case you're talking about receiving in addition to the standard game and case. Why would you have to sell the game?

Obviously not all people want the hassle of selling something, I'm simply stating there is a marked value for those items on the larger market

Receiving in addition to the standard game case? Never had that before.

Is that the case? I literally just heard about this news and checked Amazon. I only assumed it was sold out, otherwise why would Amazon list it if it ain't available?

Well for me at least it simply says "sign up and we'll let you know when it's available"

so chances are they only had a few copies at first, then kept up the page. Regardless we're like 6 months away I'm sure they'll have enough throughout this year and next lol

Am I wrong to be slightly disappointed that they didn't do the free upgrade like they have done with all the previous souls games?

Perhaps I've just come to expect it after 3 games...

Demons' souls - Deluxe Edition $60 http://www.destructoid.com/demon-s-souls-deluxe-edition-is-pretty-incredible-148869.phtml
Dark Souls - CE ($60 same as standard) http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009...us-expands-now-also-includes-full-soundtrack/
Dark Souls 2 - Black Armor Edition $60 http://www.neoseeker.com/news/23853...ck-armor-edition-collectors-edition-detailed/

For comparison
Sony gotta eat.

Yeah. I wish it was like the other from games.

Am I wrong to be slightly disappointed that they didn't do the free upgrade like they have done with all the previous souls games?

Perhaps I've just come to expect it after 3 games...

Demons' souls - Deluxe Edition $60 http://www.destructoid.com/demon-s-souls-deluxe-edition-is-pretty-incredible-148869.phtml
Dark Souls - CE ($60 same as standard) http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009...us-expands-now-also-includes-full-soundtrack/
Dark Souls 2 - Black Armor Edition $60 http://www.neoseeker.com/news/23853...ck-armor-edition-collectors-edition-detailed/

For comparison

Hope that they eventually down price it to $60. Would be nice :).

lantus

Seems like it might be unnecessary for The Order and Bloodborne to be coming out in the same month. Especially considering the 3rd party releases too in the same time frame. I think The Order will get pushed back a month or two.

JNA

Banned
Well for me at least it simply says "sign up and we'll let you know when it's available"

so chances are they only had a few copies at first, then kept up the page. Regardless we're like 6 months away I'm sure they'll have enough throughout this year and next lol

Hopefully lol. :(

Receiving in addition to the standard game case? Never had that before.

Ah ok misunderstanding on my part. A lot of steelbooks are done as pre-order bonuses. Ni No Kuni in the US, Like every major release at futureshop in Canada, various mediamarkt locations in mainland europe etc.

In that instance you would receive a standard copy of the game and then also an empty steelbook case for the game which would be handled as a separate item

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Boy, they really cranked this game out quick. I promised myself I'd buy a PS4 once I knew Bloodborne was coming soon, so I got the white PS4. Good thing I don't have to import.

So, help a guy who hasn't spent any real time in Demon's Souls and no time at all in Dark Souls understand. Does this game have a story to it, where you actually progress through it, or does it have a mission structure similar to something like that of Monster Hunter and Soul Sacrifice, where you just do missions and discover some lore and whatnot?

If it's anything like the Souls games, you'll only have a vague idea of what your goal is. There are no missions or quests in the Souls games and no maps or arrows to point you to your objectives. You're expected to explore and figure it out yourself.

As for the story, Souls games are pretty light on the story, but deep in lore. There's plenty to figure out and learn but it's always subtle and often times hidden from the player unless you actively seek out out... mostly it's told through NPC dialogue and item descriptions.

VanWinkle

If it's anything like the Souls games, you'll only have a vague idea of what your goal is. There are no missions or quests in the Souls games and no maps or arrows to point you to your objectives. You're expected to explore and figure it out yourself.

As for the story, Souls games are pretty light on the story, but very deep in lore. There's plenty to figure out and learn but it's always subtle and often times hidden from the player unless you actively seek out out... mostly it's told through NPC dialogue and item descriptions.

Sounds very interesting. Thanks.

ZeroX03

Banned
Ah ok misunderstanding on my part. A lot of steelbooks are done as pre-order bonuses. Ni No Kuni in the US, Like every major release at futureshop in Canada, various mediamarkt locations in mainland europe etc.

In that instance you would receive a standard copy of the game and then also an empty steelbook case for the game which would be handled as a separate item

Yeah here the steelbook is just alternate packaging as a first print bonus most of the time. I went into the store today and there was a Tales of Xillia 2 steelbook just sitting on the shelf. TTT2 was supposed to come with a separate steelcase too I think but I only ever saw it with one or the other. Probably because we're a smaller market they don't bother with multiple types of packaging.

Some games do this: Last of Us Remastered, Killzone: Shadow Falls, Splinter Cell: Black List, etc.

OTOH, Destiny only had the disc in the Steelbook.

I wasn't even aware any of those games had steelbooks other than Splinter Cell. I've seen the Blacklist CE with statue and it looked like it was steelbook only.

JNA

Banned
Also guys, February 2015 games:

Bloodborne
The Witcher 3
The Order: 1886
Evolve

Thank goodness Batman Arkham Knight got delayed. February is still a crazy month even without it.

Jimrpg

I don't think there's been enough information on Bloodborne to talk about game and story progression.

However in Demon's Souls you have a hub world with five portals and you can go in and out of those worlds as you please each time coming back to the hub. Each of the worlds has sub stages with a boss at the end. The game progression is that you do whatever you like in whatever order you want, there will be areas that are difficult so you can go back and try later. The story of the game is minimal in terms of cutscenes, you'll have to discover the lore by exploring, understanding enemies, reading item descriptions. You don't just play a bit and watch a cut scene. It's all gameplay basically.

In Dark Souls there is no hub and the game is one big sprawling world, with link backs and short cuts sprinkled through out along with a fast travel system at bonfires where you can rest. Again the story is minimal in terms of cutscenes, so you have to discover a lot of the lore for yourself if you want to go deeper.

If I was a betting man, Bloodborne will probably be more like Dark Souls in terms of game progression.

If you're a purist, its how games should be. Personally I think we went too far with cutscenes and whatnot and I'm glad to play these type of games again where its not all spelled out to you.

Holy shit, almost missed this with all the FF stuff happening. I wasn't sure if we'd still get it February, awesome news!

Going to be loaded in February with this, The Order and Witcher 3.

As someone who was extremely put off by DS2, BloodBorne seems to be a little more accessible while still being awesome.

I don't know... from what I saw in the Dengeki stream, it looked significantly more difficult than Dark Souls 2, even with the regain system. The enemies hit like freight trains. Of course that's all subject to change... it's impossible to tell what the final difficultly will end up being. Though Miyazaki has said that he wants ~Demon's Souls difficulty.

Top Bottom