• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne release date moves to March 2015

What makes you say that? Plenty of games don't come together performance wise until a few months before launch.

And some don't come together at all performance wise

g7ILMLH.png

Jack cw

Good, a little more polish and the whole month of Feruary for the Order. Might be a marketing delay as they have two big exclusives within 2 weeks.

Raziel

Hey, someone over there knows what they're doing.

March 18, 2014 - MGS5 demo
March 21, 2014 - Infamous Second Son

March 17, 2015 - FF15 demo
March 24, 2015 - Bloodborne

Ferr986

Fuck No! :(
If its delayed because FROM needs more time, then so be it. If its delayed because of The Order then fuck that game.

No problem with this. Bloodborne is a game I'll play a few hundred hours. End of march is more than enough time to finish FF Type-0, The Witcher and The Order campaigns.

Good!

Better than releasing an unfinished piece of garbage like Assassin's Creed Unity.

1 month isn't bad.
Take your time to polish the game.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa, I had no idea it was coming out so soon. I was expecting next fall!

crinale

It was going to H2H with Dragon Quest in Japan so it is a smart move I guess.
(But I think this is for overall polishing too).

Sadly, one month more will not improve the framerate.

Putting aside that it's 6.5 weeks plus whatever dev time they still have before the original release date, since you seem to be so in tune with the development of Bloodborne, exactly how much time would From Software and SCE Japan Studio need to improve the frame rate?

Ateron

One month is nothing. It will be good for the game to wait just a little while longer for further optimizations.

Now I'm just waiting for Kojima to troll us all with a March release for Phantom Pain. YOU WON'T HAVE TIME TO PLAY BOTH FUFUFUFUFUFUH! :]

This also means that the Order has more breading room. Not that they're the same genre but have the same kind of atmosphere and are competing for people's time and money. It's better to spread the releases.

Philippo

In this case it seems they want to polish Bloodborne up based on the Alpha. Aside from not seeing a new Demo for the Order in a while who's to say it's not ready for Feb where Bloodborne needs more time? Which from the blog post it seems a little more time. It's just a month either way.

Oh yeah i'm totally with you on this, it's just that recent games delayed for a month didn't showed particular improvements, but hey if the devs needs it then it's ok.

Still, Bloodborne is pretty much gonna sell itself, while releasing The Order between Feb-Mar is gonne be suicide, considering how others said the game has bomba written all over it.

But yeah, i was more joking than anything :p

Given the AC:U debacle, I'm all in favour of delays to make sure games are actually finished before people ask money for them.

Also yay, hope this helps the Order, which I'll now be able to give my full attention to!

Don't forget that AC Unity was delayed itself... lol.

Good move IMO, February being too crowded hurts everyone.

Rosur

Good thing as the Witcher 3 was going to take up my time. Depending when in march (as FF type-0 is out) I'm more likely to pick this up now.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
What have you been playing in between?

I've had my Ps4 for a few months and its been used consistently.

I mainly play at on PC and only play exclusives on consoles and boy this year has been sparse for quality exclusives. I'd sell the PS4 if it wasn't for Bloodborne and Persona 5.

Top Bottom