• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BloodBorne Sales Expectations : What are yours? What Could Sony's be ?

DieH@rd

Banned
I guess the game atracted a lot of first time buyers when it comes to Souls games. The first boss defeat statistics will be interesting to see.

It looks like a lot of players are progressing after first two bosses, which is very encouraging. Both of those fights are fairly unforgiving, and users REALLY need to know what they are doing to beat them.

cqcnut.jpg

The next two bosses
Blood Starved Beast
and
Viscar Amelia
are 28% and 20%, respectively.

It looks like a lot of players are progressing after first two bosses, which is very encouraging. Both of those fights are fairly unforgiving, and users REALLY need to know what they are doing to beat them.

cqcnut.jpg

The next two bosses
Blood Starved Beast
and
Viscar Amelia

Lol! no platinum, Slacker.

DieH@rd

Banned
First week in Japan will be more than that.

Japan will depend on how many copies they shipped to stores. Game is already hard to find there.

But situation in some EU markets looks to be even more tight. It's crazy that German Amazon will not have physical copies for one whole week.

cqcnut.jpg

The next two bosses
Blood Starved Beast
and
Viscar Amelia

Off topic but on trophies... Was there a game that had this many hidden trophies before @_@ ?

xaszatm

Banned
Well, looking at the charts, I do think Bloodborne is a best seller at the very least. I'll probably low ball it though at 600k worldwide. Rather be pleasantly surprised than disappointed, after all.

I do hope that this doesn't strong-arm other games into copying Bloodborne/Souls style though. As one of the few people who don't really enjoy the games I really don't want it leaking everywhere, especially given developer's tendencies to put them in games where it wouldn't really fit.

Alright, I'm ready. Kill me for daring to not enjoying Bloodborne.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Well, looking at the charts, I do think Bloodborne is a best seller at the very least. I'll probably low ball it though at 600k in America. Rather be pleasantly surprised than disappointed, after all.

I do hope that this doesn't strong-arm other games into copying Bloodborne/Souls style though. As one of the few people who don't really enjoy the games I really don't want it leaking everywhere, especially given developer's tendencies to put them in games where it wouldn't really fit.

That's LOW BALLING IT!? Err in the US its not gonna get anywhere near 600k. Infact Sony'll be lucky if it passes 300k i think. There's only so many buyers after all

Shogun actually said BFH, as phoned in and bad as that game is, is most likely gonna be number 1 in the charts for this month by far, just cause of the brand. Sad but the reality of the situation

noobie

Banned
Well, looking at the charts, I do think Bloodborne is a best seller at the very least. I'll probably low ball it though at 600k in America. Rather be pleasantly surprised than disappointed, after all.

Thats dinosaurs size low-balling. :)

xaszatm

Banned
That's LOW BALLING IT!? Err in the US its not gonna get anywhere near 600k. Infact Sony'll be lucky if it passes 300k i think. There's only so many buyers after all

Shogun actually said BFH, as phoned in and bad as that game is, is most likely gonna be number 1 in the charts for this month by far, just cause of the brand. Sad but the reality of the situation

Thats dinosaurs size low-balling. :)

...and that's why I shouldn't post first thing in the morning. Worldwide. Worldwide. I'm an idiot.

Off topic but on trophies... Was there a game that had this many hidden trophies before @_@ ?
Well, Heavy Rain had like 50 hidden trophies, so yes! But still, Bloodborne has a lot!

On Topic: Shall be exciting to see how well it will perform, 3+ lifetime seems possible, if not probable. Wonder if it will sell over 1.5M first week, somewhat likely since inFamous sold 1M.

Wow Bloodborne jumped from #50 best selling of 2015 to number 28 best selling of 2015.

And now it is #2 overall on Amazon, even beating out some of the PSN cards lol. PS4 at #4 now. For comparisons sake, Dying Light PS4 is #40 best selling of 2015. The Order #47.

I'm thinking sales are going to be very, very healthy WW. Especially with sold out reports in Japan.

750k US, 500K EU/UK, 200k Japan launch week is what im thinking.

You are setting yourself up for serious disappointment if you think the game will pull in those kinda numbers. I'm just hoping it does enough to keep From and Sony happy, judging by various websites being out of stock there will definitely be a second shipment of the game so it should end up doing well. From Software is not the biggest company out there, one would think the barrier for sales success of their games would be much lower that other companies.

Ferr986

Japan will depend on how many copies they shipped to stores. Game is already hard to find there.

But situation in some EU markets looks to be even more tight. It's crazy that German Amazon will not have physical copies for one whole week.

Bloodborne is best selling in all Amazons and all game stores I looked (Game, etc).

Can't wait for the sales. I really hope the best for FROM. They deserve it.

Pezus

300k lifetime in the US?? Lol, it'll breeze past that

I have no idea how many copies it's going to sell but I do think it's a game that'll sell very well not only initially (for the type of game it is) but also over time as well.

Like someone pointed out it's already number 29 for the yearly Amazon US sales and the Collectors Edition is also charting at #55 for the year.

It'll sell well over time too because so many people haven't even bought a PS4 yet, but when they do they'll ask about exclusives and they'll be told about Bloodborne and it's high scores and such and so they'll buy it at that point. Or maybe they already know of Bloodborne but are waiting for another good exclusive to justify the purchase.

Regardless I think Sony would be wise to advertise the game and probably include it in a Black Friday bundle for this year.

In the US also I imagine a lot of Bloodbornes sales will be digital because of recent deals like the spend $100 get $15 back deal and a recent ebay deal for 20% off $50 PSN codes.

Hopefully a patch fixes the load times and any major technical issues and there won't be much of anything negative to say about the game aside from how hard it may be for casual players.

why did they make the dark souls 2 remastered release date so close to bloodborne? i wonder if there'll be a case of cannabalization in from software's sales.

actually a good move on Namco's part. Xbox one only owners can't play bloodborne, but might pick up on the hype and try out SOTFS anyway.

PS4 owners who skipped DS2 but are loving bloodborne might be chomping at the bit for more content. BB isn't really that long of a game, there are plenty of people in the OT that are on NG+ already.

Fred Fredriksson

Unconfirmed Member
yeah, yeah, i'm sorry, jesus...better not mess with bloodborne-gaf

did not want to troll, i was kind of hoping it would happen, because i love the game from what i've seen so far; but oh well...

and i didn't know about port begging, now i know, thanks

cqcnut.jpg

The next two bosses
Blood Starved Beast
and
Viscar Amelia

I don't trust these percentages, I see some games with trophies that you get at the very start of the game, unmissable, and they something like an 80% achievement rate. So 20% of people who bougt the game started it up and never even played it? Look at the sales numbers it is hundreds of thousands of people sometimes that would have needed do that.

JSR_Cube

I think it is doing quite well. Anecdotal evidence shows that a lot of the people on my friend list (not just RPGers) bought and are playing the game. There are people that never played the Souls series that have played it too. I know this doesn't mean much for overall projections but I think that the timing of the release is good. Plus, there aren't many PS4 exclusives that have panned out yet. This might be the first big one.

People who are predicting a high NPD number need to realize that they have to supply all of the WW markets, so US shipments may not be a high as they think. The US is only about a third of the total PS4 market these days.

Animator

I hope sony announces digital sale numbers. This is the only game where everyone I know went digital. Mainly because we wanted to play as soon as it unlocked.

Top Bottom