• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne vs. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Vote for your Game Of The Generation!

• Bloodborne

Votes: 340 66.4%
  • Metal Gear V: The Phantom Pain

Votes: 172 33.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

.Pennywise

Banned
This match is part of the Game of the Generation Tournament. For rules, details and current brackets go to the Tournament thread (Click)

MZjLkq5.jpg

Beardsalt

Bloodborne all day!

I‘ve played and finished every Metal Gear game dating back to the original NES classics. That being said, MGS5 was my least favorite and the Soulsborne series took over my interest for a declining MGS series!

My oponion so don’t be offended!

rubhen925

Bloodborne all day. While MSGV did have the best open world stealth elements. It had generic missions and structure outside of bosses and some main missions. Story was all over the place too. Bloodborne revolutionized the souls-borne series and revitalized gaming for the PS4 when it launched in 2015. Plus it just oozes atmosphere and is completely unique to every other game in the genre. It stands tall on its own.

Beardsalt

the fuck. when did they do the bloodborne poll? i never saw that thread.

it only lost by a few votes.
Funny thing is, it was the highest in votes at 896 (458/438) if I remember correctly!
It‘s as if all the PC and Xbox boys voted to make sure Bloodborne didn’t win!

Oh and before I’m labeled as a fanboy, yes, I’m a Soulsborne diehard!

bender

What time is it?
Funny thing is, it was the highest in votes at 896 (458/438) if I remember correctly!
It‘s as if all the PC and Xbox boys voted to make sure Bloodborne didn’t win!

Oh and before I’m labeled as a fanboy, yes, I’m a Soulsborne diehard!

We are all Nintendiots in the finals.

Last edited:

Wunray

Mgs V plays better and has better gameplay mechanics, at the end of the day isn't a finished product, Bloodborne imo is the ps4 defining game and the game to finally give from the respect they deserved, while not on the level of TW3 or BoTW they are both masterpieces and among the greatest of all time.

Edit: just checked the time on the poll, bro we don't need 7 days to decide 3rd place its going to be Bloodborne.

Last edited:

Moonjt9

Bloodborne all the way. I love MGS but I just can’t see Bloodborne losing. It’s one of the best games of all time.

the fuck. when did they do the bloodborne poll? i never saw that thread.

it only lost by a few votes.

Call me a conspiracy theorist but every time Bloodborne got more votes so did Witcher 3, I monitored that poll and there was around a 20 vote gap between them for half the time, even as both kept climbing. In the first 100-200 votes they remained dead even most the match, though. So, basically, your vote wouldn't have helped.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Can somebody explain why we are still voting on Bloodborne? Is this the losers bracket?
EDIT
Ok i actually read some of the posts. Who did MGSV lose to?

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
People voting MGSV obviously weren't good enough for Bloodborne. They didn't grow or improve. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained.

Man, the Souls community is among the most annoying in gaming.
I beat bloodborne several times. I voted MGSV because I genuinely enjoyed the game more. The music is better, i cannot betray Snake (salutes) open world with lots of freedom. Fun modes, constant updates and events and imma simp for Quiet.

Add to the fact the both of these games are based on predecessors of sorts. I believe both games expanded upon their predecessors but I just feel MGSV had gone much further in that expansion. Both games make it into my top 10 i think. So it wasnt an easy choice.

ReLaxative

Neo Member
Kind of hard to pick those apart.

MGS:V has way more freedom of gameplay, while Bloodborne has a much deeper storytelling.

Still, I played Bloodborne twice as much, so I'll go with that.

CrysisFreak

Banned
Playing Bloodborne AFTER Nioh 2 is impossible. Absolutely disgusting. FYI recently found out by me like jeez it does not feel good nowadays.

Top Bottom