• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloomberg: House May Be Forced to Vote on AHCA Again

This photo is really surreal. I count 36 middle-aged white men and one white woman. You'd be hard pressed to find a picture with a least diverse group of politicians anywhere in the world.

36 rich middle-aged white men. Don't forget the "rich". I know you can't tell for certain visually, but it's another important distinction.

Jeffrey

Medicaid stuff wasn't changed so the score won't be any better than the first version scored. Not sure what they are waiting for lol.

Shadybiz

That whole thing was just embarrassing for them. They had literally Step 1 of 3 done and they were acting like they had cured cancer. Parties, public speeches, beer, Eye of the Tiger playing on loop, the whole nine yards.

This is an administration at its most desperate, claiming victory as loudly as possible when 1) they had yet to win anything and 2) their entire administration so far has been a dumpster fire of failed legislation and executive orders that have been ruled unconstitutional. This was a pathetic attempt at good PR but only highlighted just how weak they are at governing.

Exactly right.

Also....at this point, I'm not entirely certain that Trump knew that it still had to go through the Senate anyway. His breathtakingly tenuous grasp on how this stuff works makes that idea not entirely out of the realm of possibility.

Koomaster

Wow, they didn't even bother sending it to the Senate yet? What was all that celebrating for; literally putting on a show so it looks like they are doing something? Finally proving that they can get through step 1 of repealing Obamacare even if it never gets actually repealed?

To say nothing of how horrible the AHCA is; if I was an actual GOP voter I'd be kind of pissed they are wasting time not actually doing anything other than jacking each other off and drinking beer. Like how do they keep getting voted in if they are this incompetent?

devilhawk

This bill was never even planned to make it to the Senate. They knew it was DOA and this was all for show. I honestly think that.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The more likely scenario is that it completely stalls in the Senate and misses the September deadline to push it through as a budget item.

Syncytia

This bill was never even planned to make it to the Senate. They knew it was DOA and this was all for show. I honestly think that.

Absolutely. Trump needed a win for the 100 day mark, anything he could claim for getting something done. Despite not having even sent this to the Senate, they can use it to claim that the democrats are obstructing repealing Obamacare.

They just never sent it to the Senate? I thought there was a senate team working on this thing? How does our government even work?

Their celebration was even more mind-blowingly premature than it already looked! This beggars belief.

Senate seats by their very nature aren't gerry mandered as fuck like house seats.

A senate Republican in a Purple state signing off on that shit? BYE BYE

Kevinroc

It would be for the best if the House were once again forced to vote on this shitty bill. Anything that reminds the public that the GOP is perfectly willing to endanger millions and lead many to an early death.

Trump just wants a "win" because he doesn't give one solitary shit about policy. All he knows is the ACA is Obama's biggest legislative victory and he wants to destroy it for no other reason. All the GOP know is they can give tax cuts to the rich at the cost of many people's lives.

Ogodei

Senate seats by their very nature aren't gerry mandered as fuck like house seats.

A senate Republican in a Purple state signing off on that shit? BYE BYE

They still might do it if they think it's honestly the best thing to do, like Democrats in vulnerable seats who voted for Obamacare anyway, like Periello.

It's political suicide to pass this bill, and everyone who voted yes will be blamed for the millions who will lose coverage, and most importantly they will have blood on their hands when they start dropping health care for people with serious and chronic conditions. I just don't see how they even voted yes the first time. I just don't see how they can pass this through the Senate.

Top Bottom