• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon (Xbox360) Pre-TGS Hype thread + Possible release date

ant1532

Banned
Jonnyram said:
It's easy to think this, but nothing in the industry is that easy to predict now. On paper, it seems like the Wii will destroy everything for some reason, or the PS3 will destroy everything for another reason, but let's not forget that DS is still sold out everywhere in Japan and Pokemon is coming out in two weeks to make matters even worse. So it's highly possible that Wii, 360 and PS3 will have potential sales suppressed by continuous DS demand.
Well if DS is sold out, that should be another reason why Wii will sell. All the stores would most likely have signs up and tell people "We are sold out of DSL but we have Nintendo's newest product just like a DS!!" And the japanese will instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano

sangreal

ant1532 said:
Well if DS is sold out, that should be another reason why Wii will sell. All the stores would most likely have signs up and tell people "We are sold out of DSL but we have Nintendo's newest product just like a DS!!" And the japanese will instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano

I don't think the real world works like this...

You make it sound like Japanese people are mindless shoppers who don't even know what they're looking for

Anyone think this could possibly make the 360 more popular in Japan? Is it possible, for instance, that the Xbox 360 will sell 10,000 units a week after this game comes out? Still not a lot, but far more than it's currently moving.

ant1532 said:

Sort of like how when the PS2 was sold out the Japanese instinctely flocked to the PSP?

Bebpo said:
Wait, wasn't this thread about BD?
It was. :lol Next up: 1080p.

Does anyone have any new translated info on the game yet? Is all that's worth talking about, so far, the scans/pics? No new info?! The MS conference at TGS is tomorrow night, right?

ant1532

Banned
sangreal said:
I don't think the real world works like this...

You make it sound like Japanese people are mindless shoppers who don't even know what they're looking for
Nah, they aint mindless shoppers. They're salmon

Bebpo

Banned
Only hours left until Japan joins the one-console X360 future!

Will all the X360s in the entire country be sold out by the time stores close tomorrow?

C4Lukins

Bebpo said:
Only hours left until Japan joins the one-console X360 future!

Will all the X360s in the entire country be sold out by the time stores close tomorrow?

The ENTIRE WORLD! I fully expect the Wii and PS3 and all non 360 videogaming to be cancelled shortly after the conference.

Seriously though, surely a reasonable number of japanese rpg fans will pick up a cheap core pack to play blue dragon, lost odyssey, trusty bell and cry on?

Pope Benedict XVI said:
Seriously though, surely a reasonable number of japanese rpg fans will pick up a cheap core pack to play blue dragon, lost odyssey, trusty belly and cry on?

you'd think so BUUUUUUUUUT

C4Lukins

Pope Benedict XVI said:
Seriously though, surely a reasonable number of japanese rpg fans will pick up a cheap core pack to play blue dragon, lost odyssey, trusty belly and cry on?

I would think so, but really what is a reasonable number? I mean even if the 360 sold 2 million consoles over its lifetime in Japan, it still is a pretty big disaster there. I am completely baffled by just about everything involving that particular market.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Pope Benedict XVI said:
Seriously though, surely a reasonable number of japanese rpg fans will pick up a cheap core pack to play blue dragon, lost odyssey, trusty bell and cry on?
Or they'll just assume every good game that comes to 360 is also going to PS3 like GAF does.

C4Lukins said:
I would think so, but really what is a reasonable number? I mean even if the 360 sold 2 million consoles over its lifetime in Japan, it still is a pretty big disaster there. I am completely baffled by just about everything involving that particular market.

I'm sure--assuming the game is hot stuff--that'll it'll sell some 360's, but I still don't think it'd pass 500,000 by the end of the year. Slowly but surely, with perhaps word of mouth and the fact that more keep coming (Lost Odyssey, Infinite Undiscovery, etc), then it might steadily increase month by month with that.

Although if there is really no increase in sales at all in the before-release hypathon, and not more than 100,000 sold in the Blue Dragon week .... I don't know.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I am in no way suggesting this will happen, but how much of a Megaton would it be if MS suddenly started selling a ton of X360's after the Blue Dragon/Lost Odyssey games are seen and played?

DenogginizerOS said:
I am in no way suggesting this will happen, but how much of a Megaton would it be if MS suddenly started selling a ton of X360's after the Blue Dragon/Lost Odyssey games are seen and played?

I really don't think any increase will be seen until the game is available for purchase. But that would be bananas.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Himuro said:
Crossing fingers. That is 360 and MS's TRUE test. If they don't market them well like they have done for their console over there, then it's just a missed opportunity. These are the games people have been complaining Xbox consoles have lacked since the original's inception.

This will be the TRUE test for Xbox as a brand. And we shall see.

Are people in Japan talking about considering buying an X360? Is Blue Dragon or Lost Odyssey creeping into the average gamers mind?

duckroll

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
So has anyone been able to find out when the press conference is tonight? I wouldn't mind staying up but if it's past 12pm PST, forget about it.

I wouldn't suggest staying up. Instead go to sleep, and wake up a little earlier to fire up downloads on Live. :D

duckroll

First playable demo impressions from the MS conference (gamespot):

Sakaguchi continues by demoing a nearly completed version of Artoon's Blue Dragon, which is certainly more fanciful and lighthearted than Lost Odyssey. The demo features hero Shu and friends making their way through an industrial complex, fighting a series of sentry robots in standard turn-based style, using their quirkily animated sentient shadows as weapons.

Finally the crew reaches a large chamber where a brief cutscene takes place with a couple of dastardly-villain types. A boss fight against a giant, spindly-legged robot ensues. In typical JRPG fashion, lengthy and lavishly animated special attacks are traded back and forth until the robot finally goes down. Shu and posse flee the hangar in a real clunker of an airship before becoming embroiled in a tense situation with a busty, piratical character with an abundance of 'tude. The game's cutscenes look nicely animated from the little we got to see before Sakaguchi ended the presentation.

HYPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEE!!!!!!!

Tieno

748_0001.jpg

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
HOT HOT HOT

Jesus, reminds me of some of the stuff I saw at Siggraph! Looks like a clay renderer mixed with an anime style. Can't go wrong with this title me thinks.

Mifune

Mehmber
Okay, now THAT time I absolutely couldn't tell the difference between the prerendered and ingame stuff. That was all CG, right??

Wow again. Damn are these two Mistwalker titles shaping up beautifully. The scenes near the end with the chubby little yellow dude and the main boy and girl were even a little emotional. It feels like it'll be such a charming story.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
WTF IS GOING ON?

Since when the Xbox turned into a platform for RPG goodness? Now you'll tell me that Tekken, Virtua Figyhter, DOA and Soul Calibur are Wii exclusive.

And even weirder, JRPGs that I like! W-T-F

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Mifune said:
Okay, now THAT time I absolutely couldn't tell the difference between the prerendered and ingame stuff. That was all CG, right??

The only stuff that even looked like it might be real time was the enviroment fly-overs, with the windmill and the water.

Top Bottom