• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon (Xbox360) Pre-TGS Hype thread + Possible release date

Kolgar

Wow! The game looks great in realtime too. It's cartoony, yet the lighting is really nice. Love that art style.

This is exactly what MS needs to help them in Japan.

Also, LOL at that faux 80s speed metal during that big battle. I admit, I loved it. :)

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Blimblim said:
For me it's CG, but Snoopers doesn't think so. The difference is minimal, that's for sure.
if the majority of that trailer (like 80-90%) isn't pre-rendered cutscenes I'll be suprised.

Tieno

duckroll said:
mms://vodstream.ncsoft.co.kr/ncsoftext/this/TGS%202006/bluedragon.wmv

Now, THIS is realtime. :D
It's like watching a cartoon. I like it. This may be my first turn based rpg!

That looked wicked. Can't wait for this game to be released. The only thing that I'm worried about was I was hoping for no loading screens with all the zones connected. It could still be this way since after every loading screen a cutscene occured. The graphics engine is sure pushing some awesome visuals and I love the artstyle. Also, I agree that the boss music is great. :)

llTll

Banned
Fxp said:
Wow, smooth & stylish :D Menu looks too simplistic.

god damn it people i want to see it >_<

if everytime i post the link in DAP, it doesnt download. if i post it in HRL, a windows media player try to connect for 1 min then it stop.

how i can download it :(

Tieno

llTll said:
god damn it people i want to see it >_<

if everytime i post the link in DAP, it doesnt download. if i post it in HRL, a windows media player try to connect for 1 min then it stop.

how i can download it :(
I used flashget to download it as a wmv.

cvkpaladin said:
That looked wicked. Can't wait for this game to be released. The only thing that I'm worried about was I was hoping for no loading screens with all the zones connected. It could still be this way since after every loading screen a cutscene occured. The graphics engine is sure pushing some awesome visuals and I love the artstyle. Also, I agree that the boss music is great. :)

I think they said something just before showing the demo about the load times not being optimised yet.

llTll

Banned
bloke said:
Try SDP http://sdp.ppona.com/ for downloading mms streams

As for battle scene, well nothing new there...both LO and BD look very conventional in that aspect to me.
thanks. but is it slow like this ? i mean i download usually at speed of 500k. but its still like 4% as we speak.

any reason?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
The graphics are certainly at the same level of the trailer, save the obvious CG bits. Not a big fan of the combat system, but I guess DQ and FF gamers will dig it.

bloke

llTll said:
any reason?
Zillions of ppl trying to download it at same time?

LO gameplay video from other thread is here mms://vodstream.ncsoft.co.kr/ncsoftext/this/TGS 2006/lostodysseyplay.wmv

duckroll

Okay, the cutscenes in the demo video are all realtime, except for the CG scene at the end. It's really easy to tell, because if it loads, it's a realtime cutscene, the CG one at the end cuts in seamlessly. The environment effects and scope of the final scene is fitting of a CG scene too, with all the stuff collapsing and the robots falling off. Looks great! :D

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Looks fantastic, Artoon - any game design control = awesome clearly.

Shame about the frequent loading screens, at least they are only short i guess.

llTll

Banned
bloke said:
Zillions of ppl trying to download it at same time?

LO gameplay video from other thread is here mms://vodstream.ncsoft.co.kr/ncsoftext/this/TGS 2006/lostodysseyplay.wmv
alrighty.

thanks alot dude

Orodreth

Bufffff! it looks amazing.

They nailed the design, it looks like a movie.

I hope the combat has a little more susbtance than just reprising FF ones, which is fine but may end up being a little boring (actually i´m playing FFX and its hard for me to stand the random battles)

Regarding the loading screens, they said its not optimized yet.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Amazing... LO and BD look insane. Love the look. Surely it must be ambient occlusion maps though, not global illumation? I have seen GI running in realtime but nothing only as a prototype engine. Anyone have any more details?

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
just saw that video duckroll posted. looks awesome. i'm digging the style.

i don't like how the game halts just as a battle begins though. the transition from the explorative mode to the battle mode isn't smooth and seems jarring.

IJoel

I said WOW at the Blue Dragon trailer. Man, what a gorgeous game. Best looking next generation game so far, essentially in aesthetics. The music also seems superb and very moving.

ARGH, MS, get on the ball and localize this ASAP!

IJoel said:
I said WOW at the Blue Dragon trailer. Man, what a gorgeous game. Best looking next generation game so far, essentially in aesthetics. The music also seems superb and very moving.

ARGH, MS, get on the ball and localize this ASAP!

BD and LO are a BIG deal for Microsoft....who knows, maybe they might have a super secret localization team working parallel with japanese team :D

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
is it weird that blue dragon's apparent awesomeness gives me a little hope for yoshi's island 2?

Soul4ger

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Looks absolutely fanstastic but man....that boss music.....who is that? Winger? That's some pure 80's hair band cheese right there.

:lol I thought the same thing. It's really friggin' strange, and I wonder what they're going to do about it in a localized version. Either leave the crazy Japanese guy, or just remove the lyrics, but don't put an English-speaking singer in, please.

llTll

Banned
AgentOtaku said:
gameplay footage incredible

BRRRUUUUU DRAGOON GOOO! :D
man who ever thought. 2 japanese xbox 360 games to become my most wanted games on any console

god damn MS was smart to partner with mistwalker.

those games are nothing but breath taking and stunning. Lost Odyssey game play video is breath talking.

Soul4ger

llTll said:
those games are nothing but breath taking and stunning. Lost Odyssey game play video is breath talking.

YOu mean, like... The gameplay, visually, is breathtaking, right? 'Cause if you're talking about the actual battle system, then I agree.. In a "it's so boring, I died, and stopped breathing, thus it took my breath" kind of way.

llTll

Banned
Soul4ger said:
YOu mean, like... The gameplay, visually, is breathtaking, right? 'Cause if you're talking about the actual battle system, then I agree.. In a "it's so boring, I died, and stopped breathing, thus it took my breath" kind of way.
no. even the game play. its like final fantasy . a turn base fighting system. and i love that.

but even the graphics during the fight. i couldnt believe this is how the game plays. really awsome

sangreal

Soul4ger said:

If you don't like traditional JRPGs, then you might as well stop following these games now. We've known it would be a turn-based system for over a year

Soul4ger

sangreal said:
If you don't like traditional JRPGs, then you might as well stop following these games now. We've known it would be a turn-based system for over a year

You people need to lighten up. It's a GAME. Because I think it looks BORING and said so DOESN'T MEAN YOUR LIFE IS OVER.

Anyway, turn-based is fine, I like turn-based. But at least Blue Dragon makes it look exciting. Lost Odyssey, in the video from the other thread, looks slow and dull by comparison. Even something as little as a zoom-in window in the upper corner adds something. Don't you ever just get sick and tired of doing the same thing over and over and over again? And I know Mistwalker said there are two main battle components missing, and I'm not writing the game off, but it DOESN'T LOOK FUN IN THAT VIDEO.

Beyond that, it's fine to think Lost Odyssey looks good, and that you don't mind a simplistic turn-based battle system (which is what that video shows)... But it took his breath away? Come on.

Snaku

Banned
Himuro said:

After watching that video, and the Lost Odyssey trailer, that's exactly what I was thinking. I honestly don't know if Japan can ignore the X360 any longer after these games hit. I mean I felt like I was watching a trailer for Dragon Quest IX, or Chrono Trigger 2. And that makes me damn excited. :D Hopefully they both turn out to be two of the greatest RPGs of all time.

sangreal

Soul4ger said:
sangreal said:
You people need to lighten up. It's a GAME. Because I think it looks BORING and said so DOESN'T MEAN YOUR LIFE IS OVER.

Anyway, turn-based is fine, I like turn-based. But at least Blue Dragon makes it look exciting. Lost Odyssey, in the video from the other thread, looks slow and dull by comparison. Even something as little as a zoom-in window in the upper corner adds something. Don't you ever just get sick and tired of doing the same thing over and over and over again? And I know Mistwalker said there are two main battle components missing, and I'm not writing the game off, but it DOESN'T LOOK FUN IN THAT VIDEO.

Beyond that, it's fine to think Lost Odyssey looks good, and that you don't mind a simplistic turn-based battle system (which is what that video shows)... But it took his breath away? Come on.

You say I need to lighten up? :lol

Top Bottom