• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon (Xbox360) Pre-TGS Hype thread + Possible release date

MbGCaM

Ghost said:
The only stuff that even looked like it might be real time was the enviroment fly-overs, with the windmill and the water.

No, tons of that cutscenes were realtime (in-engine) and some of them where CG. This new Artoon engine is awesome.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Red Scarlet said:
Doubt I'll get it myself, but I'll help your torrent!
I thought you were a Toriyama fan?

Hell, I dislike most of his work and loved that video!

Seriously, TGS is confusing me.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
sprocket said:
I said WOW . .... then SH*t myself .

You think this is the first game to use Dynamic Ambient Occlusion ?

It does have a unified lighting system that gives a similar effect to Global Illumination (which is how they pull off that claymation look so well)

Lost Oddysee
Infinite Undiscovery
Trusty Bell
Blue Dragon

All four have totally INSANEO graphics........DAMN!

Amir0x

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
Amir0x, Amir0x, Amir0x..

It's simply the truth. For this sole reason alone, this game is now near my most wanted list of any game. It's that spectacular, that vital. Just unbelievable.

Aaron

Even more awe-inspiring than LO, and I didn't think it would be possible. The fact that any of that was real-time is flat out insane. The look is incredible, and it seems to have a solid story to go along with it. MS finally made a worthwhile Japanese investment. :)

GreekWolf

Kleegamefan said:
All four have totally INSANEO graphics........DAMN!
:lol Insaneo... isn't that a hype word from those 1950 horror movies?

THE 50 FOOT SPIDER THAT CONQUERED THE EARTH! NOW IN INSANEO VISION!

Ghost said:
The only stuff that even looked like it might be real time was the enviroment fly-overs, with the windmill and the water.
That's what it looked like to me. The rest seemed to be CG using in-game character models.

Red Scarlet

Well, I have a few in-game avs from the DQ games, but I have more fanart. I grab stuff that I like how they're drawn, not who drew them, really.

The way you say it as if it is a universal truth for everyone on Earth makes it Hyperbolic to me. :p

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Are they using lower than usual poly meshes to make the CG? I am having a hard time distinguishing the pre-rendered stuff from the real time one.

Funky Papa said:
Are they using lower than usual poly meshes to make the CG? I am having a hard time distinguishing the pre-rendered stuff from the real time one.

Probably using the in-game models to keep it consistent. The lighting engine does a good enough job of emulating the CG that it can be made to look seamless.

Funky Papa said:

I think they are, am sure the reason is to get almost no difference between CG and the real time :)

Tieno

Can someone comment on how the ingame presentation looked compared to this (cgi/ingame?) cutscene trailer?

I'm always hesitent with this sort of stuff...

Red Scarlet

I'll leave the torrent for ya, Blim.

Ami:
geruda.gif

I'll save words for chat. :)

Amir0x

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
The way you say it as if it is a universal truth for everyone on Earth makes it Hyperbolic to me. :p

oh please, not that shit again. If it's so difficult, repeat the excersize for me: "It's just his opinion, stated in his unique way."

'Cause honestly, I could care less how important it is to anyone else - the graphics were astonishingly good, and it was joyful just ****ing watching it because it was so gorgeous. I will play this game the entire way through even if the gameplay is mediocre just because of how unbelievable it looks.

duckroll

Trusty Bell = ZOMG THE COLORS! OMG OMG!

Blue Dragon = Great animation, great models, great set pieces and designs.... and.... WAKAMOTO! :lol

So I wonder how long it'll take GODBLIMBLIM to awesomely encode and put up the Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey demo footages? :D :D :D

BLIMBLIM FOR GAF PRESIDENT!

Amir0x

Banned
Funky Papa said:
Ami has been close to feral for some days, I swear :lol

hey, we go through this same song and dance every other thread now and it seems the same idea keeps popping up so it's tiring to explain it over and over :lol

Yoboman

Oh wow, screw LO, this game is where it's at. Incredible. If this game doesn't take 360 to success in Japan, then I really feel for MS.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
can someone explain to me the craze and hype that's behind this game?

is blue dragon a popular anime/manga in Japan or something?

u_neek

Scrow said:
can someone explain to me the craze and hype that's behind this game?

is blue dragon a popular anime/manga in Japan or something?
No, it's a completely new and original franchise... and oh, Microsoft's Dragon Quest ;)

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
some of that stuff had to be real time -- we've seen stills from it which are clearly real time -- and some of it had to be cg, but for the most part, yeah, i can't tell which is which. unbelievable.

JMPovoa

As far as i can tell, that all looked realtime to me.

The fact that game barely uses any textures makes it possible for it to have alot more polygons than the average Xbox360 game.

That and i could see some polygonal edges here and there. (not many though)

That trailer showcases the most appealing visuals of any game in years. Certainly, I think it's the most impressive next-gen game shown so far. And I'm not even a big Toriyama fan. I can't wait to play this...really ****ing god damned impressive!

u_neek

duckroll said:
mms://vodstream.ncsoft.co.kr/ncsoftext/this/TGS%202006/bluedragon.wmv

Now, THIS is realtime. :D
I love you duckroll (and you Blim)...
But that video runs like shit for me, somebody please rip it!

Wunderchu

AgentOtaku said:
anyone else here, looking back on it now, kind of appreciate the media blackout BD received???
I do :D ... IMO, that beautiful trailer would probably not nearly be as impressive if I had already seen tons of screens/teases from it :)

Top Bottom