• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bob and new character Master Raven announced for Tekken 7

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah, I hate his ass.

Cool that we got another black woman this time, but I just don't like her outfit in this. She feels out of place compared to the rest of the cast. Hopefully her P2 outfit is street clothes or a ninja outfit like Raven's.

Surprised that you think she looks out of place in her outfit. To me, Raven is the definition of out of place outfit in Tekken.

ravenbeinglikeyeahh.gif

It's perfect!

Someone I swear to God help me learn Tekken when this comes out. I swear to God I need this game so fucking bad

I gotcha Cindi :)

Yeah, I hate his ass.

Cool that we got another black woman this time, but I just don't like her outfit in this. She feels out of place compared to the rest of the cast. Hopefully her P2 outfit is street clothes or a ninja outfit like Raven's.

*Looks at Lars, Pink Mohawk Jack, Alisa, Yoshi*

Nah...she fits.

Village

Yeah, I hate his ass.

How does she feel out of place, She seems pretty fine next to the bionic men, actual cyborgs, demons,other ninja's, alien samurai, and the damn quincy that occupy the roster.

Tekken has always been " we threw the anime together, and made it look realistic "

Pachimari

I'm fine with her. She look hella cool. I just want to get rid of her headgear, hopefully I can do that with customization.

J-Skee

I LOVE Master Raven. A black female ninja? Take all my money, Harada. I just wish she was more than a Raven clone, but I'll take it.

Rajang

Surprised that you think she looks out of place in her outfit. To me, Raven is the definition of out of place outfit in Tekken.

Lol, I agree. Im a huge fan of Blade and Wesley Snipes but Ravens design was always wack imo. This looks way better.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Hopefully a 'Tekken for dummies' thread shows up when 7 drops.

I've never played Tekken before but want to jump in with this one.

I'm all for gender swapping old characters with new hotties... first they turned Bruce into a cute Filipina and now Raven went from being Wesley Snipes to Amandla Stenberg.

Can't wait to see Ganryu's moveset on one of the girls from Summer Lesson... do us proud Harada!

Endo Punk

I haven't played Tekken in over a decade, hard to believe there was a time it was my numero uno franchise. Anyway this doesn't change a thing for me but man I really dig the new Raven, she looks bad ass, hope she becomes popular enough to come back in Tekken 8 which is when I plan to get back into the franchise, if it's not a Mishima shitfest that is but I'm confident since this game is the finale of their story.

DOA3 is 15 years old and puts modern snow to shame.

cELUkqh.jpg

this game still looks gorgeous when you play it on the OG Xbox via component/Xbox 360 via HDMI. they pulled off some voodoo magic getting this game out in 2001, no wonder DOA4 looked like more of the same.

Vex_

Banned
Since this is the end of the Mishima story, what will be the next arc? And how long will it last? Another 7 games????

Endo Punk

this game still looks gorgeous when you play it on the OG Xbox via component/Xbox 360 via HDMI. they pulled off some voodoo magic getting this game out in 2001, no wonder DOA4 looked like more of the same.

Stages in DOA5 look terrible in comparison. TN really need to fix that for DOA6.

Sesha

I'm all for gender swapping old characters with new hotties... first they turned Bruce into a cute Filipina and now Raven went from being Wesley Snipes to Amandla Stenberg.

Can't wait to see Ganryu's moveset on one of the girls from Summer Lesson... do us proud Harada!

Ganmi-chan gonna get her big break.

Since this is the end of the Mishima story, what will be the next arc? And how long will it last? Another 7 games????

Jojolion-style reboot.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Why does the snow in these fighting game stages still look worse than Virtua Fighter 4's snow stage. :/

It's really odd, because Tekken 6 had nice, deforming snow in the Manji Valley stage. (edit: correction) The sadistic X-mas stage in Tag 2 had some too, though to a lesser extent. And now Tekken 7's arctic snowfall doesn't have any.

higemaru

So glad they brought Bob back. I'm still hoping Lei, Miguel, and Marduk come back. And it's weird that we haven't seen Eddy or Christie yet.

EDIT: And where is Kuma?

sasuke_91

Hopefully a 'Tekken for dummies' thread shows up when 7 drops.

I've never played Tekken before but want to jump in with this one.

AAK makes some very informative OTs and our Tekken guys are very welcoming to newcomers. We need more players anyway :p

So did Tag 2, I'm not sure why they haven't managed to put that in yet.
Different engine. Maybe they're having problems getting it right in UE4.
EDIT: Wait a minute, UE4 is just the graphics engine. Physics and everything else is still done by their own engine isn't it?
They have gotten rid of the spaghetti hair for the most part, maybe they'll manage to get it right before it hits consoles.

Rajang

It's really odd, because Tekken 6 had nice, deforming snow in the Manji Valley stage. (edit: correction) The sadistic X-mas stage in Tag 2 had some too, though to a lesser extent. And now Tekken 7's arctic snowfall doesn't have any.

I don't get this either, it's not like this technique would be too demanding for PS4/Xone. This stuff has been done since PS2 era.

I can't believe Bob is back over many of the veterans. Namely, Julia.

I think Bob was a popular character online. But I also would have preferred veterans like Lee, Lei, Julia etc over Bob.

Top Bottom