• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bob's Burgers S6 |OT| I Believe In Officer Robo-Stache - Sundays 7:30/6:30c

Ezduo

Banned
How does this compare to The Simpsons during its golden era? I've only seen a handful of episodes from season 1 and found the show amusing. A diamond in the rough, but certainly one with potential.
I'd say the Simpsons was funnier but the characters in Bob Burgers have such a great sense of personality that it's hard to not enjoy watching the chemistry between them. The Simpsons family is almost besides the point in a lot of episodes, Springfield itself and the mob of side characters drive a lot of the humor in that show while Bob's has always come off as more personable and relaxed. It's like King of the Hill with a brighter color pallate and no chins. And quite frankly, with shows like Family Guy reveling in cynicism it's nice to have a show that exudes self-confidence and positivity. I root for every character

Maengun1

Surprised they got 19 episodes out of this season considering all the massive breaks they took.

Yeah, there was that insane break where they aired the Christmas episode 6 weeks before Christmas, and then there was something like 3 months where only 1 random episode got to air. Then when the show came back in the spring they actually put it in a real timeslot and we got a nice stream of episodes.

Fox has already announced that it's going back to the pre-primetime slot again in the fall though, so we're gonna get the same nonsense again. Football pre-emptions every week and if we're lucky, they'll bother to put the holiday eps on TV.

It's funny, they always order a full 22 episodes each time it's renewed, yet they're so behind in airing that even though what's technically the sixth season ends tonight, only 6 of the 22 "production" season 6 episodes have aired....and in fact tonight's finale is the final holdover from season 5 lol. BB has been getting the exact same treatment from Fox that King Of The Hill and Futurama got in the years before. They just keep cycling through these various crtically acclaimed animated shows while The Simpsons and Family Guy continue to zombie shuffle in the limelight FOREVER.

As long as they keep renewing it I try not to complain too much.

Silkworm

Ah, so tonight's two episodes were the last for now. :-( Still, I'm glad we got 19 episodes.

I enjoyed both episodes, though the finale had the musical number which helped put it over the top for me ;-) The first episode where Tina tries to be matchmaker was sweet and I'm glad that Louise was wrong on both counts (theft and fake admiral). The B plot with Bob and his restaurant friends partying was good but I'm glad they could tie it to the main plot with tired Bob acting as the stand-in admiral. I enjoyed the second episode more because it directly involved all the Belchers acting together and the aforementioned musical duet between Bob and Louise. Good to see Felix's bathroom get some more air time ;-) Oh well, now back into Bob's Burgers withdrawal. :-\ I guess the big gaps in airing episodes have sort of helped prepare me for this wait for the next season :p

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Fox has already announced that it's going back to the pre-primetime slot again in the fall though, so we're gonna get the same nonsense again. Football pre-emptions every week and if we're lucky, they'll bother to put the holiday eps on TV.

It's a bummer for sure, but at least we can sleep easy knowing the show will be on the air for years to come.

It's funny, they always order a full 22 episodes each time it's renewed, yet they're so behind in airing that even though what's technically the sixth season ends tonight, only 6 of the 22 "production" season 6 episodes have aired....and in fact tonight's finale is the final holdover from season 5 lol.

Oh wow, that's crazy!

the musical duet between Bob and Louise.

The show is usually pretty good with their songs, but that one in particular was fantastic! I really enjoyed these last two episodes. Until next season Bob's Burgers!

vypek

Really liked the last two episodes. I agree that the song was way better than normal in the finale and it doesn't end with something crappy for the Belchers.

vypek

I actually felt like it could have worked as a series finale.

Thats true. I didn't think of that but the episode is very fitting as a final send off. I'm glad we are getting more. Just wish FOX didn't let freshman shows have the spot between Simpsons and Family Guy. Not sure why the insist on trying to kill Bob's Burgers so much.

Silkworm

Thats true. I didn't think of that but the episode is very fitting as a final send off. I'm glad we are getting more. Just wish FOX didn't let freshman shows have the spot between Simpsons and Family Guy. Not sure why the insist on trying to kill Bob's Burgers so much.

Well, I hope if they ever decide that Bob's Burgers runs out it welcome on Fox that they simply move it over to FX, so Bob and Archer can continue on on the same network ;-)

freoleo29

That last episode of the season was great! I also thought it could have worked as a series finale, it sort of felt like a soft finale that a show would put on if it wasn't sure if it was getting renewed but obviously this show still has many years left so thats good to see.

Jarrod38

xhXb2x70JWEcU.gif

vypek

I think I'll start buying the DVDs. Enjoy this show so much. My favorite episode with Bob as a teacher came on. Still occasionally think of that song from the Season 6 finale.

Heads up for Funko/Bob's Burger fans. 4 new Funkos out, Buttloose Tina, Teddy, Beefsquatch, and a limited edition Gene in Burger Costume. Picked up all 4 today so now the collection has grown to 9... Help me

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Season 7 premieres tonight! (someone make a new OT!)

Flu-ouise

In the Season 7 premiere, a flu-ridden Louise experiences a wild fever dream that takes her on a manic adventure filled with familiar people and outrageous musical numbers.

Zubz

Banned
I love this show, but I've been catching it on Netflix, so I haven't seen S6. I DVR'd the premiere tonight, so it's going to be weird skipping a season.

vypek

I love this show, but I've been catching it on Netflix, so I haven't seen S6. I DVR'd the premiere tonight, so it's going to be weird skipping a season.

I know that CN has been advertising a change to their airing of Bob's Burgers so you might be able to catch season 6 there. I think they mentioned new episodes on Wednesdays. They might operate a season behind? Not sure. But on September 28, Cartoon Network will air the first episode of season 6. So maybe every Wednesday you can catch it.

freoleo29

No new OT so I guess I will post here.

Great start to season 7 had me cracking at at several points, also makes it 2 semi-musical episodes in a row (season 6 finished on one) which this show does very well.

Last seasons ending episode was amazing and the new season has started up just as good, seriously impressed that this show continues to keep on giving!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Sea Me Now

Teddy hopes to impress his ex-wife by inviting her to a day trip on his recently refurbished boat, while Tina tries to prove she's ready for her own cell phone by taking care of Bob's prize eraser from the restaurant.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Teen-a Witch

With Halloween quickly approaching, Tina reveals her brilliant idea that will finally win her first place in the annual costume contest. When Tammy steals her idea, Tina is forced to seek the help of Mr. Ambrose, who leads her to alternate and other-worldly methods of winning. Meanwhile, Bob is on a mission to figure out who is stealing his perfectly crafted pumpkins.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

They Serve Horses, Don't They?

Jimmy Pesto tips off Bob to a new money-saving meat provider, but the situation may prove too good to be true, and Bob finds himself getting grilled by two investigators.

Here I am thinking this season is the weakest yet. Different strokes I guess! These long delays are killing me, though.

None of the episodes have been classics but they've all been pretty solid imo. Haven't seen yesterday's though.

Looks like the Christmas episode is end of November again this year? Does that mean no new episodes until 2017 after that?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Two new episodes tonight!

Large Brother, Where Fart Thou?

Tina's mishap lands her a school detention, and without a babysitter for the other kids, Bob and Linda are forced to leave Gene and Louise home alone, where they get themselves in a sticky situation. Later, Bob and Linda's problems multiply when they get in trouble with their accountant.

The Quirkducers

Gene and Louise sabotage Mr. Frond's annual pre-Thanksgiving Day play in order to assure their long weekend. Meanwhile, Linda stumbles upon a potato that bears a striking resemblance to her late grandfather.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I thought both episodes were great - the songs on this show are almost always good, but that turkey musical was really something special. :^

ElRenoRaven

Can't wait to finish catching up. Currently in the middle of season 6. I have to say I really never bothered with the show due to it not looking interesting but damn I was bored the other night and can't stop watching now.

I really like the atmosphere of the show. The whole family dynamic is hilariously awesome. If they were real I'd be like Teddy. I'd totally be hanging out there all the time.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
I hate Christmas episodes of sitcoms. Ever since that Simpsons ep where Bart steals the videogame they've just been irritating for me.

Bob's making Thanksgiving their real go-to holiday episode is fucking awesome and I love it.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Its always nice seeing an episode where Gene isn't a total screw up and Louise actually acting like the child she is. The episode where they are left home alone with Tina in detention was great because it combined those two things so well.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

The Last Gingerbread House on the Left

Thinking he's going to be providing food for a Christmas meal at Mr. Fischoeder's, Bob instead finds himself in the middle of a cutthroat gingerbread-house-building competition with the host's raucous friends. Meanwhile, Linda and Teddy hope to spark some Christmas cheer in the neighbors by taking the kids caroling.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The show returns tonight!

Ex Mach Tina

An ankle injury leaves Tina having to telecommute to school and enrolling in a program that has her sending a robot version of herself to class, where she has a surprising breakthrough with longtime crush Jimmy Jr.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Fantastic episode! There were so many good lines...

~

"Hey, stay in touch! Do you have email?"

"I am email."

~

"Tina, you okay? You know, the same thing happened to me what I was your age."

"Really?"

"No sweetie this is the first time this has happened to anyone."

~

"How am I supposed to learn about life when you won't let me watch The Good Wife?"

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This season, as in s07, has had the worst schedule:

108. 7-1 25 Sep 16 Flu-ouise
109. 7-2 09 Oct 16 Sea Me Now
110. 7-3 23 Oct 16 Teen-a-witch
111. 7-4 06 Nov 16 They Serve Horses, Don't They?
112. 7-5 20 Nov 16 Large Brother, Where Fart Thou?
113. 7-6 20 Nov 16 The Quirkducers
114. 7-7 27 Nov 16 The Last Gingerbread House on the Left
115. 7-8 08 Jan 17 Ex MachTina
116. 7-9 12 Feb 17 Like Gene for Chocolate

Excluding the double episode, there have been back-to-back (week-to-week) episodes only once.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
There's actually a new episode tonight!

Bob Actually

Valentine's Day nears, and Tina, Gene and Louise each experience some love-related chaos. Meanwhile, Bob tries to impress Linda with a special romantic gesture.

Top Bottom