• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bold 2014 Playstation predictions

SpecDotSign

Unconfirmed Member
1. Gust announces new Atelier game for PS4.
2. Square-Enix announces exclusive 6 month window for Final Fantasy XV.
Release date is 2019
3. Sony buys back the Crash license.
4. Naughty Dog makes a downloadable new Crash. Better than any platformer we've seen since Mario Galaxy.
5. A
previous
Xbox exclusive game comes to PS4.
GO HARD OR GO HOME

Quantic Dream's next title will be announced. It's a spiritual successor to Omikron and features an open world city inspired by Blade Runner. Complete sci-fi. Multiple controllable characters again and an online mode (2 players) where you can explore the city together and perhaps even advance the story. Lots of branching. Robots will be a part of it and Kara makes a cameo appearance played by Valorie Curry.

Bonus: The city is split into multiple districts and the game will be released episodically.

Logash

I would say that there is a good chance that Uncharted will be out this fall. I mean Naughty Dog was probably the first developer with dev kits.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
PS4 is like a PC. Japanese developers haven't developed primarily for PC hardware in like 25 years.
What makes developing on a hUMA x86 using libGNM like developing on a PC? Are they writing assembly code by hand and therefor the architecture is so important? Did the endian change and therefor all code needs to be rewritten?

My assumption is you're talking about a Windows PC here.

Sotha_Sil

Quantic Dream's next title will be announced. It's a spiritual successor to Omikron and features an open world city inspired by Blade Runner. Complete sci-fi. Multiple controllable characters again and an online mode (2 players) where you can explore the city together and perhaps even advance the story. Lots of branching. Robots will be a part of it and Kara makes a cameo appearance played by Valorie Curry.

That just might be my dream game minus the multiplayer stuff. I know GAF hates David Cage, but I really think QD creates great atmospheres. A Blade Runner-inspired cyberpunk world with a story related to the Kara tech demo would be a day one purchase for me. I'm a sucker for artificial intelligence/humanity stories.

Elios83

You wanted them bold, so be it :D

1)The Last Guardian re-announced at E3, PS4 release at the end of 2014

2)After the sales flop on PS3, a GT7 Prologue based on GT6 will surface at the end of 2014 for PS4.

3)Uncharted 4 will be released in the first half of 2015 with The Order being the big action/adventure first party game this year, but please enjoy The Last of Us Definitive Edition for PS4.

4)Games from Guerrilla, Media Molecule, Sony Bend and Santa Monica will be announced this year.

5)Yakuza Ishin will be localized

6) Sony signs a few japanese exclusives thanks to japanese publishers being encouraged by PS4 worldwide success and record sales.

7) FFXV gets a release date: 2015 (15 and XV :p)

Extra prediction (not Playstation exclusive):

8)Next Assassin's Creed game set in Egypt, Ubi has to re-use all the stuff done for Osiris :D

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Vita tv will be huge in the west in places like Europe and North America as long as Sony does a number of things with it. Sell it near Christmas with a November release date to launch before Black Friday. Make sure retailers like best buy sell it near blu-ray players, hdtvs, rokus and apple tvs and no where near the game section. Partner up with Netflix and offer 3 to 6 months offer of Netflix with vita tv.

Another bold prediction. E3, Tokyo game show and GDC will be exciting again due to the ps4 and games that will be announced for it.

One anti-playstation rumor: xbox one will launch in japan at the end of summer or beginning of fall. Expect one exclusive from platinum at launch.

That just might be my dream game minus the multiplayer stuff. I know GAF hates David Cage, but I really think QD creates great atmospheres. A Blade Runner-inspired cyberpunk world with a story related to the Kara tech demo would be a day one purchase for me. I'm a sucker for artificial intelligence/humanity stories.
Well, it is pretty clear at this point we will get something sci-fi related. A job posting on their website literally names "ability to design realistic to sci-fi props" as an requirement. They are also looking for experienced AI designers with the task of bringing AI to the next level. Since I doubt they are making a shooting game, the AI part is probably referring to open world simulation or autonomous companion characters. A senior online developer is also wanted and Cage talked a while ago that he wants to tackle this at some point. Don't expect your typical multiplayer mode about doing races or anything like that. It will be very much story focused like Journey or something (if it ends up happening).

The bold is the Omikron and Blade Runner part. I hope I'm right about this, as they never officially cancelled the sequel and just put it on hold a couple of years ago. Would buy Day 0. You will be also pleased to hear that GAF doesn't hate Cage at all. It's just a vocal minority, the majority is indifferent to him and buys his games if they get good reviews. The flat out trolls are getting banned now too, as the mods are fed up with it as well.

Gran Turismo 7 out by holiday, PS4 exclusive with a handful of extra content that GT6 didn't have and will look slightly prettier. They'll learn from the microtransaction backlash from Forza and their own game to a lesser extent.

Also, Yakuza Ishin out in time for the holidays thanks to a lack of PS4 exclusives after the many Driveclub delays and potential push of The Order. Sega also has Atlus announce Persona 5 available on PS3 early 2015 and probably dropping a PSVita and PS4 complete edition by that Christmas.

enzo241

Banned
1. PS1 loading boot for PS4
2. Jason Rubin & Andy Gavin come back for Crash Bandicoot
3. Blizzard releases Heroes of the Storm for PS4 exclusivity

Endo Punk

1. The Order delayed to Q1 2015.
2. Second Son gets mixed reviews.
3. UC4 shown at E3 and knocks everyones socks off. 2015 release.
4. TLG at E3. Q1 2015 release date.
5. Sony secures GTAV for timed GEN8 exclusive for the fall. Loses Agent in order to do so.
6. DriveClub bombs. Evolutions future in question.
7. Syphon Filter PS4 from Studio Bend at Gamescom.
8. Miyazaki X SCEJ game at TGS. Not DeS2.

5. Sony secures GTAV for timed GEN8 exclusive for the fall. Loses Agent in order to do so.
I see the bolded happening very easily.

Endo Punk

Super bold prediction. Cory Barlog's game will be a post-apocalyptic Mad Max inspired, heavy metal styled action RPG in a vast open world. An ultra attack on the senses, likely to offend many with its sexiness and gore. It will have SP/MP seamless integration but can be played SP only.

I see the bolded happening very easily.

I really want to be wrong about Second Son and DriveClub though :(

1.) Steam comes to PS4.
2.) Left 4 Dead 3 is a timed PS4 exclusive.
3.) Music Unlimited goes free for PS PLUS subscribers only on PS4. So you can't use Music Unlimited on PC, phone, etc.
4.) Knack goes free for ps plus subs in May.
5.) Syphon Filter announced.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
We will see The Last of Us 2 announced at E3.
GTA V for next gen.

i'd prefer to believe that the success of the last of us reintroduces the idea that well told, one off stories which have a beginning, middle and end can be successful without having to be tied to some monster IP or increasingly cynical series.

Super bold prediction. Cory Barlog's game will be a post-apocalyptic Mad Max inspired, heavy metal styled action RPG in a vast open world. An ultra attack on the senses, likely to offend many with its sexiness and gore. It will have SP/MP seamless integration but can be played SP only.

Wasn't he working on a Mad Max project with another company? I sincerely doubt he would leave a company to start a very similar project elsewhere, that would cause some real legal issues

I think you're going to be wrong. Second Son will be a great game by the looks of it and I don't think DriveClub will tank in sales. You are probably worried since GT6 didn't do too well, but people are dying for a new racer for PS4. There's only 1 racer out for PS4. That's saddening.

Endo Punk

1.) Steam comes to PS4.
2.) Left 4 Dead 3 is a timed PS4 exclusive.
3.) Music Unlimited goes free for PS PLUS subscribers only on PS4. So you can't use Music Unlimited on PC, phone, etc.
4.) Knack goes free for ps plus subs in May.
5.) Syphon Filter announced.

Knack can't go free because it bombed critically. Sony has a rule that the game has to have a 70+ MC score in order to be eligible.

Endo Punk

Oh, I had no idea about that! They could surely make an exception for a title that they published, right?

I guess, if they want to tarnish the reputation of PS Plus.

Wasn't he working on a Mad Max project with another company? I sincerely doubt he would leave a company to start a very similar project elsewhere, that would cause some real legal issues

I don't think there is a law against being inspired by something, I mean there already are so many stories set in post-apocalyptic worlds.

botty

Banned
FFXV and KH3 will sell the most on PS4, and cause massive spikes in hardware sales. Japan will then become known as Nomura land.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I predict that PS4 this November will be in better shape in terms of game library than the PS3 and the PS1 but not the PS2.

Bold

The Last Guardian will launch on
PS3, PS4 and PS Now!

dx-the-nation-parody-suck-it-o.gif

It will do alright. Sony knows what to expect from DC since they made the PS+ Edition. I doubt they have huge expectations for it. Infamous will review in the 80 ballpark, not really mixed, but not raving either. Just another Infamous.

Vooduu

Dear lord, I hope DriveClub doesn't bomb. Game looks promising but at the same time the delays aren't.

Spira

Banned
TLG will be teased/re-introduced however will take another two years to complete.

PlayStation Now will be expensive. I'd say another 50 on top of PS+

At least One Sony exclusive that has been announced will be canned within the next year.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
It will do alright. Sony knows what to expect from DC since they made the PS+ Edition. I doubt they have huge expectations for it. Infamous will review in the 80 ballpark, not really mixed, but not raving either. Just another Infamous.

I agree with this. DC isn't going to do big numbers at retail but I suspect a good number of people will upgrade to the full version from the PS+ edition. NPD will be useless for that title. I think it'll make money, just not in a traditional way.

I could see inFamous getting low scores. Not because the game is bad but because people seem to be expecting so much more than inFamous 3, which is exactly what it is and why I'm excited for it.

Top Bottom