• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BOMBA: Amazing Deal On An Xbox One S (UK)

EmiPrime

Same for Overwatch being sent, console is in a separate parcel but try and make sense of this:

p1lcskl.jpg

So the icon says 'Dispatched', the Parcel status is 'To be dispatched' and the item in the order is 'Confirmed'... for anyone who uses Tesco's site regularly, is this normal? First time using them here.

My order status is similarly contradictory. I got an email at 1pm today apologising that the Xbox One S isn't in stock and then at 3pm got an email saying they actually do have stock and it will be with me tomorrow.

Go figure! Don't be surprised if it turns up tomorrow.

My order status is similarly contradictory. I got an email at 1pm today apologising that the Xbox One S isn't in stock and then at 3pm got an email saying they actually do have stock and it will be with me tomorrow.

Go figure! Don't be surprised if it turns up tomorrow.

Still no update via email or the site. It was always down for delivery next week, plus I ordered as soon as the thread popped up here so I fancy my chances in the stock queue... would just be nice to get that dispatched notification for the console :)

EmiPrime

Still no update via email or the site. It was always down for delivery next week, plus I ordered as soon as the thread popped up here so I fancy my chances in the stock queue... would just be nice to get that dispatched notification for the console :)

It didn't show up! Not best pleased as I stayed in all day for it. Bit of a shambles that an email, your orders page and order details all have told me 3 different things.

NaviLink

Oh wow, FH3 is already out of stock... but they have the Destiny Collection as an alternative? I might bite, sell the console and Overwatch back, and get a free upgrade.

RulkezX

Anyone know how long the Amazon code lasts for ?

Microsoft want £110 to repair a console (after initially saying £84) so fuck that , my lad is desperate for Forza 3 and the Mrs would prefer I bought new.

Sill no console dispatched. Was hoping I'd at least see that update on my order over the weekend, but nope. Not exactly inspiring me with confidence here, Tesco...

Footos22

Sill no console dispatched. Was hoping I'd at least see that update on my order over the weekend, but nope. Not exactly inspiring me with confidence here, Tesco...
Yeah same. Forza and overwatch are here already. Just no console. Last time I use tesco. Still just says confirmed. My mate got his next day and ordered after me.

Yeah same. Forza and overwatch are here already. Just no console. Last time I use tesco. Still just says confirmed. My mate got his next day and ordered after me.

Both games are updated to 'in transit with carrier' and should be delivered today. Console still 'confirmed', so I gave customer services a call and they gave a mostly stock response telling me that the console comes from a separate warehouse and to expect it by Friday. Not sure what's up with them stretching it out to the last guaranteed delivery date, when I can see they have the stock available, but it's still very much worth the wait for the price I paid.

Footos22

Both games are updated to 'in transit with carrier' and should be delivered today. Console still 'confirmed', so I gave customer services a call and they gave a mostly stock response telling me that the console comes from a separate warehouse and to expect it by Friday. Not sure what's up with them stretching it out to the last guaranteed delivery date, when I can see they have the stock available, but it's still very much worth the wait for the price I paid.

Yeah I just had the same response. Terrible service to be honest. Send the games but have to wait a week to be able to play them because.....reasons

Yeah I just had the same response. Terrible service to be honest. Send the games but have to wait a week to be able to play them because.....reasons

Hah, the saga continues... Overwatch just popped through the door from the postie, no sign of Forza. Gah! Why three separate parcels for one order?! Tesco, you are a bunch of plums.

I opted for one delivery, got Forza today, Overwatch despatched sunday but no sign of it and no despatch for the console. Yay Tesco.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Overwatch arrived today and Forza is on its way, after I collected the console last Friday (a day after ordering).

Sorry to everyone who's had a bad experience, but Tesco was pretty decent in my case.

Forza arrived earlier in a massive Yodel van, got my hopes up, but no console. And what's exasperating now is how the console portion of the order has switched to 'delivered'?! This is the worst order update system for a site I think I've ever seen.

EmiPrime

Hah, the saga continues... Overwatch just popped through the door from the postie, no sign of Forza. Gah! Why three separate parcels for one order?! Tesco, you are a bunch of plums.

Forza arrived earlier in a massive Yodel van, got my hopes up, but no console. And what's exasperating now is how the console portion of the order has switched to 'delivered'?! This is the worst order update system for a site I think I've ever seen.

This is exactly what happened for me today. Overwatch via RM at 11ish then FH3 at 17ish via Yodel and yep the console is marked as both delivered and to be dispatched. Amazing deal but they really don't know their arse from their elbow.

lostcauz

I've had the same response as others in here, seems like they send out a batch once a week, makes no sense. Infuriating when you go on the Tesco website and can get next day collection in store.

Neff

I caved on this deal since I couldn't resist a cheap S. Overwatch and Forza were delivered today (separate packages), but no console yet.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
I got Forza and Overwatch today and picked up console on Saturday. The system is messed up though. It's awful trying to track.

Mildly reassured it's not just me experiencing such poor service. Would appreciate those still waiting on their console to shout up here when it eventually does turn up!

...And what's exasperating now is how the console portion of the order has switched to 'delivered'?!

Spoke with customer services again this morning as no update to the order overnight and still showing as delivered. Just got a call back and they've confirmed on their system it's showing as packing and for expected delivery tomorrow using Hermes. Great news, but erm... perhaps it would be an idea to pass that information on to the customer visible portion of the order tracking process rather than having completely vague and misleading status updates instead? ಠ_ಠ

Classic Tesco. Worst company I ever worked for!

Hopeful the console's are sent out tomorrow, waiting to play Forza, and don't want to start on the old Xbox.

Console dispatched at midnight, status now on 'parcel at our warehouse' from 6am but 'current location unavailable'. No clearer on whether it's today or tomorrow as the dispatch mail just says 'delivery due between Weds 28th and Fri 30th'.

EmiPrime

It's 9am and no sign that it will be delivered today; the tracking would have updated around 6am if it was out for delivery. Still at "location unknown". Good job Tesco.

Console dispatched at midnight, status now on 'parcel at our warehouse' from 6am but 'current location unavailable'. No clearer on whether it's today or tomorrow as the dispatch mail just says 'delivery due between Weds 28th and Fri 30th'.

Same issue here. Tesco taking the piss. Worst tracking ever.

It's 9am and no sign that it will be delivered today; the tracking would have updated around 6am if it was out for delivery. Still at "location unknown". Good job Tesco.

Exactly the same for me. Was at least expecting an update including a generic courier tracking ref, but no indication of a delivery today. If it's not here by close of business today I'll be raising a complaint with customer services.

Footos22

Exactly the same for me. Was at least expecting an update including a generic courier tracking ref, but no indication of a delivery today. If it's not here by close of business today I'll be raising a complaint with customer services.

Yep same here. 5 day delivery. Its now day 8.

Footos22

Not justifying it at all, but they probably class it as 5 business days. Which they've overrun anyway.

They got back to me. Won't be going out today apparantly, system problems and such at hermes. But she said it should Def be here tomorrow.

If tesco actually sent it on time it might not of got held up. Fucking joke. But it's cheap so can't complain too much.

Also seems from hukd thread people who have had theirs have had defects and had their replacements have defects too. So it's not looking good atm. Buzzing fan noise apparantly.

They got back to me. Won't be going out today apparantly, system problems and such at hermes. But she said it should Def be here tomorrow.

If tesco actually sent it on time it might not of got held up. Fucking joke. But it's cheap so can't complain too much.

Also seems from hukd thread people who have had theirs have had defects and had their replacements have defects too. So it's not looking good atm. Buzzing fan noise apparantly.

Jeez, definitely what I didn't want to hear... but thanks for the info, I might give them a call (for a third time) just to see if I'm in the same boat.

EmiPrime

I'm going to push for compensation. That's the second time they've guaranteed a delivery day forcing me to stay in only for them to cock something up. Really not happy. :(

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
No problems for me. Picked up the console from store on Saturday but was available Friday, Overwatch arrived Monday and FH3 on Tuesday at home.

Just got off the phone from a very apologetic CS rep. Mine has gone out from Hermes national hub overnight, which from previous experience with Hermes means I don't have a hope of it arriving today, so perhaps tomorrow, and another day of making sure someone can be home...

Not happy reading about folks having noisy units, if I get even a hint of that happening to mine it's going straight to the local store for a replacement unit, of which I will be asking to check the production batch number on it (seems 1635/1636/1681 have issues, but it's always pot luck with this sort of thing).

Use this video to know what it should and shouldn't sound like

Doubt I'll ever use Tesco online for ordering again after this shambles.

Neff

Just got off the phone from a very apologetic CS rep.

Literally same scenario for me just now. Rep was very apologetic and told me the delay was due to supply issues, and that I can now expect my Xbox any time between now and Wednesday and no later. He gave me a tracking number which tells me it's currently being sorted at Hermes.

I can usually forgive delays in these instances because they must be selling a shitload of these things right now, and at this price I really can't complain, but yeah it's annoying.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Just got off the phone from a very apologetic CS rep. Mine has gone out from Hermes national hub overnight, which from previous experience with Hermes means I don't have a hope of it arriving today, so perhaps tomorrow, and another day of making sure someone can be home...

Not happy reading about folks having noisy units, if I get even a hint of that happening to mine it's going straight to the local store for a replacement unit, of which I will be asking to check the production batch number on it (seems 1635/1636/1681 have issues, but it's always pot luck with this sort of thing).

Use this video to know what it should and shouldn't sound like

Doubt I'll ever use Tesco online for ordering again after this shambles.

How do we find out what batch number we have?

Top Bottom