• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BOMBA: Amazing Deal On An Xbox One S (UK)

Well despite Tesco claiming that my Xbox was delivered on Thursday I still only have Overwatch and no Xbox or Forza Horizon.

Are people still in a similar position?

Mines out for delivery!

But to my work address, which is shut. My Hermes email says I can't amend the delivery and if no-one is in it will be left in a safe place.

Pretty sure they'll dump it in a back street in Manchester city centre and be done with it.

Dizzy

Banned
Like everyone else mine was estimated Friday originally. Sent out thursday morning it seems, no update yesterday, and I got an email saying delivery expected today.

Not bad considering I only ordered it Thursday the 22nd :-/

01/10/2016 -08:39 - Delivery will be attempted between 08:00 and 12:00 today

Gone 11am already *rolls eyes*

Edit: Scrap that, they actually delivered it earlier... to one of my neighbours! I was out for the count and didn't hear the doorbell, oops! Time to set it up and see how I fared in the manufacturing lottery...

Mine is production batch 1636. Exterior box is battered as a plastic mailing bag was used, seen better from no-shits-given scummer ebay sellers. Double seals intact for FIFA card outer sleeve and the box itself. Just finishing up a brew, then I'll get it plugged in and pray for a good unit.

EmiPrime

Mine is going straight back if they've sent it in a plastic bag. My OG Xbox One from Tesco was sent in a cardboard box with plenty of packing material.

Assuming it ever arrives!

Be very mindful of seals and tape being tampered or re-applied. I know this particular SKU of the console only came out last week, but it's good to be vigilant. I've unwrapped everything and all seals were fresh.

Footos22

Gone 11am already *rolls eyes*

Edit: Scrap that, they actually delivered it earlier... to one of my neighbours! I was out for the count and didn't hear the doorbell, oops! Time to set it up and see how I fared in the manufacturing lottery...

Mines just arrived. Plastic bag job lol. Hoping for the best

The_Lump

Banned
Got mine with Fifa for £180 delivered from Amazon
(VAT free here)

Have to say I'm super impressed with Xbox One S so far. It's my first Xbox, it looks great, build quality is absolutely stunning and it runs silent compared to my PS4 OG.

Neff

Got mine a while ago from a very nice Hermes lady, sent in a bag but only minor damage to the box (which I didn't really care about anyway to be honest). No odd noises, incredibly quiet in fact. All good so far.

To anyone upgrading from an original Xbox One using an external hard drive, is it as simple as just unplugging from the old unit and into the new one?

yep, games wont auto update until youve launched them once tho

Fantastic, thanks. Thought I'd let the console 'bed in' before I attempted hooking the drive up.

Has been plugged in for about an hour, gentle fan noise while idling so far, but no buzzing detected.

Edit: Not sure if it's because I'm looking to hear it, but I do hear an audible fan sound (up close) - the unit isn't 'whisper quiet', but then I'm not even sure if that's a thing anyway. It's nowhere near the level of some vids I've seen where someone's unit is practically making a clicking sound though.

Well i've given up on mine arriving today... Hermes have updated their tracking to say it was securely left in the porch at 11:43 despite no delivery attempts made and the porch being locked...

Complaint incoming to Tesco on Monday I think!

Minor PSA for anyone upgrading from an original unit with a Kinect, don't forget you can get the adapter to use with the S model for free. Contact Xbox support (I did it over chat) with the serials for both consoles and the Kinect itself and they'll take care of the rest.

Too bad it's in the UK only! I wanted to replace my OG xbone, but it seems Tesco does not ship outside the UK.

Anyway, enjoy your amazing deals UK!

This thread has told me to never ever buy anything from Tesco Direct.

(I mean tesco entertainment, got them mixed up)

They are good if you get it sent to a store for pickup, then you know straight away if anything is missing and returns are easy enough, Had to do this for a new tv months back.

All done, new console has been running nicely, and I've already sold my original unit and all the games that were bundled with the S. Works out I'll be about £6 in profit, lol

All hail the bomba!

nemisis0

Just got refunded full price for forza horizon since they did not even dispatch it. Got an xbox one for £130 after selling the other games. Now to sell my 500gb kinect model to get the mkney back.

EmiPrime

I'm not getting my console today either. Still at location unavailable. Total piss take.

I sold my OG Xbox One when I bought this bundle so I've had FH3 sat on my desk sealed for a week now.

Well...

Forza Horizon was apparently delivered on the 25th, which was a day before the website said it was shipped. As this is now treated as a lost in post they will send me another copy, but since it is out of stock they have asked me to keep an eye on the website and call back when it is back in stock. Appalling service.

The Xbox tracking details have now disappeared from the Hermes website and they are unable to provide a POD to Tesco Customer Service. They have just told me they will get back to me.

I'm pretty close to just cancelling the whole lot and getting a refund now, do not plan on using Tesco Direct again any time soon.

Neff

As this is now treated as a lost in post they will send me another copy, but since it is out of stock they have asked me to keep an eye on the website and call back when it is back in stock. Appalling service.

That's truly unforgivable. It's not your responsibility to monitor their stock.

Knowing people who have worked at Tesco both in the stores and the logistics side of things, I know they have the systems in place to automatically forward missing or late items in your order. Someone somewhere is just being a nob.

My Xbox purchase wasn't the best service, but they've always been a shit company and I expected as much.

I finally got mine yesterday, box corners were battered, but all OK otherwise.

Really feel for people with worse issues, Tesco are useless with complaints. Slated them in a customer service survey I was sent, but know those are also ignored or at least were when I worked there.

Top Bottom