• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

bomba bomba Rayman Wii, Red Steel for $30

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
at circuit city

070114_11_3g8yf.jpg

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
I think both are probably worth 30 dollars. I got bored with Rayman sort of quick, though because some of the minigames weren't that well executed and the game is buggy but so is Red Steel but it took me a while to really get into it. I rented both but I end up keeping Rayman only because I lost the box to it.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Red Steel is a bomb yet its the second best selling Wii game in NA? No...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Billy Rygar said:
Good job Wario. Now soemone is going to go out and buy Red Steel.

you should probably avoid going to circuit city the next week if you cringe at people buying bad games

Belfast

Yeah, Rayman wasn't as good as I thought it might be. After plowing through the story mode, I haven't found a cause to really go back to it. I need to trade it in or something before its trade-in value goes bomba, too. :(

Wario64 said:
you should probably avoid going to circuit city the next week if you cringe at people buying bad games
I accidentally bought Red Steel at full price so I have no room to judge others. I can only teach them the error of their ways.

Odysseus

Banned
Billy Rygar said:
I accidentally bought Red Steel at full price so I have no room to judge others. I can only teach them the error of their ways.

accidentally? did it fall into your hands while you weren't paying attention?

Hmm, VCS dropped to, must buy for any PSP owner. And yea Rayman is a steal at 30 bucks... Especially if you have people to play it with.

JCX9 said:
Is rayman worth $30?

I'm tempted to say no. It's a real letdown once you've played anything on the Wii with more precise controls (especially Smooth Moves, I'm betting), because some of the minigames are reduced to "shake the Wii remote and nunchuk" in a really non-immersive manner. And then it gets really annoying when it only counts certain KINDS of shakes (specific motions) as correct triggers, without really helping you to figure out what those shakes are. For example, the music minigames played a LOT better for me when I treated the Wii remote and nunchuk like drumsticks, rather than shaking them as the Rabbid graphic demonstrated.

It's agitating that Ubisoft spent so much time working on this game, and working closely with Nintendo, and it just feels unpolished and unpleasant, despite the humor saving it a bit. $20 perhaps, but $30 may be overspending.

Amir0x

Banned
Why couldn't Rayman just be a totally awesome platformer? I mean, even in that form it would have fit the Nintendo demographic fine without being reduced to a mediocre party game like half the Wii library at the moment. We could have used a good platformer :(

Pellham

Banned
hm I think i will pick up Rayman (since I have several friends who liked it). I already rented Red Steel and found out how much it sucked from that experience.

Amir0x said:
Why couldn't Rayman just be a totally awesome platformer? I mean, even in that form it would have fit the Nintendo demographic fine without being reduced to a mediocre party game like half the Wii library at the moment. We could have used a good platformer :(
A question for the ages.....we'll never know what drugs Ancel was doing when he made that decision.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i played a bit of red steel at a kiosk the other day. what dismal controls. all the imprecision of a joypad, plus a queasy floaty feeling that only the waggle wand can bring you. wow.

edit: nba2k7 get

Belfast

Rayman is a classic example of rabid N-fans kidding themselves into liking something that's really rather piss-poor in execution.

Belfast said:
Rayman is a classic example of rabid N-fans kidding themselves into liking something that's really rather piss-poor in execution.

Oh yeah, all the reviews for this game thus far agree with these sentiments, right?

BTW, for whatever its worth, Rayman is decent enough fun with other people.

I would refuse to play this game by myself. Unfortuantely all the games have to be unlucked. I'd advoacte unlocking any content with a group passing the controller between each minigame. Works well as a drinking game too.

I'm shocked that vice city stories dropped after only 2 months. I wasn't willing to pay full price (59.99 in Canada, bleh)and thought I'd have to wait until greatest hits in 9 months or so. The price drop is everywhere here in Canada. Futureshop has it for 39.99, EB for only 34.99. For that price, it's mine this week.

jgkspsx

Well, I'd pick up Rayman for $30. The question is, will it be cheaper than that by February when I plan to get a Wii...?

Dimmuxx

The Amiga Brotherhood
Scalemail Ted said:
I would refuse to play this game by myself. Unfortuantely all the games have to be unlucked. I'd advoacte unlocking any content with a group passing the controller between each minigame. Works well as a drinking game too.

That's the way I've unlocked most of the stuff. Drinking and playing RRR with friends is the way to go.

AniHawk

Amir0x said:
Anihawk, you should have fled the Rayman sinking ship months ago. You drowned on that one for sure. :lol

So says the "HEY, RED STEEL LOOKS NEAT" guy.

All I'm saying is that RRR is the only good game in the genre, and I've been proven factually correct.

Top Bottom