• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bombs detonated at Boston Marathon finish line

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems similar to that other foiled attack where a guy was planning to leave backpacks at some kind of MLK event I think?

I think I'm done clicking links for now ><

params7

Banned
absolutely horrendous. Finish the race and lose your limbs, I can't imagine what those people must be going through right now. Hopefully no fatalities.

Find the culprits.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
What in the fuck. I've been out all day walking along the marathon route in the city. Literally heard nothing about this until someone called me a few minutes ago. Fuck.

So what's the catch-up on this? I just tuned into CNN. I saw it mention 2 explosions of unknown origin and 4 people in the hospital. Is that it so far?

thefro

Ever hear of the Tea Party? or the Boston Tea Party? There are hundreds of right-wing militia groups stockpiling weapons. Some are more insane than others and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they were responsible. Dates are significant in these attacks. The Oklahoma City bombing was done on the anniversary of the ATF raid at a religious extremist compound in Waco, Texas. The mass shooting at a school in Littleton, CO was on Hitler's birthday. Its wrong to jump to any kind of conclusion now but the date along with the fact that it was at the finish line of a fucking marathon strongly points to terrorism.

I wouldn't point to anyone in particular yet, but it's definitely a terrorist act whether it's a domestic person/group or foreign person/group behind it.

jred2k

Wow this is crazy. Its weird to look at social media during events like this. Its hard to try and find out whats speculation and whats news.

Hopefully the damage isn't too severe.

akira28

Why inside a building..why didn't the other device go off yet. I'm guessing it's not a big group at work here. And they didn't go for maximum casualties. Did someone send a message, because bombing isn't free, it's social media for criminals.

If they start finding stuff in other cities...

DrM

Redmond's Baby
The bombs were just left in bags? Fuck.

The easiest to carry around bomb and conceal it on event, such as marathon. Everybody has some kind of bag for clothes and stuff, so one or two bags placed somewhere near would not make any suspicion.

Omiee

Too early and too little information to speculate on the causes. I suggest that if you're pretty sure it was Islamic terrorists, or North Korea, or the Tea Party, or a false flag operation so the US can attack Iran, that you keep it to yourself.

Thank you.

At this moment when nothing is clear yet it will only derail the thread as we have seen in the past.

My thoughts and prayers go to the injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom