• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 Vita |OT| 870 gajillion guns in your pockets

wilflare

repost for new page?
if you guys enjoy the game, remember to tweet the Iron Galaxy guys and Gio Corsi to tell them about it!

I would guess they are bummed by the critic's harsh words on the game. but hey, if the gamers playing it tell another story, I guess it may encourage them to keep these games coming? :D

so tweet
@IToTheG @giocorsi with your words and the following hashtags
#LoveBL2Vita
#BestOnVita

https://twitter.com/IToTheG/

Korosenai

If you have PS+ just hit the icon on the live area and upload your save.

If you don't have it, you'll have to transfer the entire game.
I don't have ps+.

I wasn't that far in so I just went ahead and deleted it, and i'm just going to redownload it. I was using Gaige and didn't like her much, so I think i'm going to try out Salvador or Maya.

Weird, I could have sworn that there was a utility for managing game add-ons in the Vita OS, but I can't find it right now.

Nope. The only option was for me to delete the entire game, the dlc's, and my save file.

sure, every game has it's issues. No reason for reviewers to give this anything lower than a 7 IMO. No crashes here yet.

I've been playing on the old Vita 1001, and I haven't experienced any crashes either. Yet.
I expected the average review score to be a 7.5. The frame rate dip and the drop from 4 to 2 player co-op would obviously ruffle some feathers.

Otherwise, it's a port to be applauded. Shocked that the critics have been beating the hell out of this game.

Sad. It's a great port and i've been enjoying the heck out of it.

Anybody figure out how to determine which DLC content you might be missing? I keep getting some kind of message that says that I don't have XX file so items associate with this save might not appear...

There's no easy way to see which DLC is currently installed so that I can simply re-download the missing content...

Piotrek

Though, to be fair I've accidentally hit melee a few times but I have had to make myself notice cause it's so quick it doesn't get in the way of my gameplay (until I hit a friendly... can you do that in Borderlands?).

Nah, melee hitting NPCs doesn't do anything. If you hit the person you're playing coop with, it equals a duel invitation. The only thing meleeing actually impacts is, it resets the reload animation if you happen to melee while reloading. Other than that its harmless.

RE_Player

I've been playing on the old Vita 1001, and I haven't experienced any crashes either. Yet.
I expected the average review score to be a 7.5. Shocked that the critics have been beating the hell out of this game.

Sad. It's a great port and i've been enjoying the heck out of it.
The more I play the more I'm impressed.

Can you only play coop with other Vita owners? Or is it cross play with PS3?
Just with Vita owners.

nakedeyes

Banned
Chalk me up as another dude super impressed with the port.. I have only played it post patch, so I dunno how bad it might have looked without it, but I am super impressed with Image Quality and the framerate. I feel like it is much more impressive seeing it in action than just checking out the PR screen shots..

As far as the review scores go.. I am also amazed at how low they are as well. I think people have bizarre expectations from this game.

The kotaku article earlier about how it's the worst version of the game, further cemented my opinion that those dudes are just clueless with games. No shit its not as great as the PC. No shit its not as great as console. But hell, its on a portable console loaded with DLC, and runs at native res and a solid enough FPS. The point is not to be the best version out there ( if they wanted to do that.. they would just make a PS4 port! ).. the point is to have a mammoth game like BL2 on the go in a playable and awesome state, entirely feature complete ( minus half sized co-op ).

Good Portable FPS' are a rarity. BL2 is a pretty solid game and solid addition to any vita gamer's library ( assuming they haven't already sunk hundreds of hours into it ). People who think that this was supposed to be better than the PC/PS3 versions of the game, need to realize that gamers are used to garbage like Duke Nukem on Game.Com when they think of the annals of portable FPS' gaming history.

MattyG

Banned
The more I play the more I'm impressed.

Just with Vita owners.
Booo. Well, if anyone wants to play with me add me. PSN is ortiz344. I'm a lvl7 psycho. I'll probably be on for another hour or two. Hopegully the connection is solid so it isn't a painful experience playing coop.

MattyG

Banned
Everyone needs to tweet at Iron Galaxy not only with the hashtags of support like earlier, but with comments about the rest of the DLC. It can't hurt for people to show interest.

I've had this for a week, and I'm loving it. I just finished my review for Gaming Age, so at the very least, pretty soon that PlayStation Lifestyle review won't be the only wildly positive one on Metacritic. I don't know how anyone could seriously complain about it...the opening cutscene aside (which looked a bit off), everything in the game worked really well for me.

UberTag

I've had this for a week, and I'm loving it. I just finished my review for Gaming Age, so at the very least, pretty soon that PlayStation Lifestyle review won't be the only wildly positive one on Metacritic. I don't know how anyone could seriously complain about it...the opening cutscene aside (which looked a bit off), everything in the game worked really well for me.
At least with drastically skewed review scores, it'll be plainly clear which reviewers approached the game with misplaced expectations and which ones judged it on its own merits.

Holy shit! Borderlands 2 looks and plays wonderfully on Vita!

Having a blast and HUGE props to Iron Galaxy (and Sony) for making this happen ^_^

2014-030.jpg

Vita screen really does wonders for what you see here

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
It's nice to see more positive impressions coming out for this instead of the kneejerk 'this is shit for reasons!' reaction I was expecting.

itschris

I'm still really enjoying it! I remain extremely impressed that they managed to get this huge game running on the Vita. The controls took some getting used to, but I'm fine with them now - I don't usually like the back touch, but I think it works well in this game, especially for sprinting. I haven't had any crashes so far. The frame rate in Sanctuary can get pretty bad, but it's not a huge deal, since it's not a combat area.

Here's some screenshots I took:

g4tNFge.jpg

lhUzw19.jpg

n1QgPlZ.jpg

dYSngjd.jpg

tweet them! tell them :D they'll appreciate it!

I tweeted Shu and Iron galaxy, that's for sure.

The game is a corker and it's just fantastic on the Vita.

Please GAF, if you own a Vita - this game deserves your attention.

I'm picky with Vita graphics and such, but this game, it's beautiful.

Pimpbaa

1. Your Vita can hold a game card, use it. Buy the biggest game you want at retail (or at least one that is almost the largest 4GB in size) so that you can at least remove that from your memory card and free up 4GB for more games. You won't even know the difference between your 1 card game and the digital games.

Game cards don't install anything other than savedata on your memory card. So there is nothing to delete.

MattyG

Banned
I'm still really enjoying it! I remain extremely impressed that they managed to get this huge game running on the Vita. The controls took some getting used to, but I'm fine with them now - I don't usually like the back touch, but I think it works well in this game, especially for sprinting. I haven't had any crashes so far. The frame rate in Sanctuary can get pretty bad, but it's not a huge deal, since it's not a combat area.

Here's some screenshots I took:

g4tNFge.jpg

lhUzw19.jpg

n1QgPlZ.jpg

dYSngjd.jpg
Mmmm, dat second shot.

How did you get these on here? Did you post from your Vita? Email them to yourself? I always try to post screenshots that I've taken on my Vita and they always end up being piss poor quality.

itschris

Mmmm, dat second shot.

How did you get these on here? Did you post from your Vita? Email them to yourself? I always try to post screenshots that I've taken on my Vita and they always end up being piss poor quality.

I just connected my Vita to my PC, copied them over using the Photos app on the Vita, then uploaded them on imgur.

MattyG

Banned
Just got to Sanctuary as Krieg. I'm liking him so far. Think I might start a Mechromancer playthrough soon too, seeing a lot of you guys having fun with her.

I just connected my Vita to my PC, copied them over using the Photos app on the Vita, then uploaded them on imgur.
Oh wow, I never even thought of doing that. That's a good method to know.

The amount of love for this game in the past page of this thread has been heat warming. Loving the game myself, went digital because I have a 64GB but for most people this should probably be a physical game just to save space.

One thing: I've been playing as Axton (this is my first time ever with a borderlands game) and feel like I might be missing out on the other classes? Should I make some other characters and play with them a bit or keep going with Axton until I finish with him?

ZServ

One thing: I've been playing as Axton (this is my first time ever with a borderlands game) and feel like I might be missing out on the other classes? Should I make some other characters and play with them a bit or keep going with Axton until I finish with him?

If you enjoy Axton keep playing with him. There's tons of play variety amongst the different classes, so it's about finding what is best for you. If Axton isn't scratching that urge, switch :)

If you enjoy Axton keep playing with him. There's tons of play variety amongst the different classes, so it's about finding what is best for you. If Axton isn't scratching that urge, switch :)

Hmm okay... I do like the turret, but I feel like I kinda want something more science-fiction-y? Haha

depward

Played about an hour and a half, most of it co-op. Had one disconnect, but I believe it's because of my crap internet connection.

All in all pretty good! Not the best performance when playing online... but serviceable and manageable.

I will say this - as someone who hasn't played Borderlands before, they certainly throw a bunch of things at you without really explaining any of it all.

OmegaZero

Some people mentioned that the patch improved the framerate? I'm still seeing drops in the same areas outside of Sanctuary. :/
EDIT: And in firefights.

Some people mentioned that the patch improved the framerate? I'm still seeing drops in the same areas outside of Sanctuary. :/
EDIT: And in firefights.

It probably improved frame rates the same way the first wii U patch improved loading times (IE it didn't). It's hard to judge on the vita since I don't have the proper equipment to capture video directly.

Game cards don't install anything other than savedata on your memory card. So there is nothing to delete.

You miss understand... For those wanting to go all digital, I'm saying since your vita can hold a game card get one game retail and use that space. In the case of something like uncharted that's a 3.5gb+ savings off your memory card instead of going digital. Borderlands would be a great choice too since it's such a huge game

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I want to pick this up, but I am not sure I want to start all over with Borderlands 2. I might be the only player who doesn't play BL2 over and over again to farm and try all the classes.

OmegaZero

Improved, not perfected. It still has issues for sure but I too feel like it got a little better.

It probably improved frame rates the same way the first wii U patch improved loading times (IE it didn't). It's hard to judge on the vita since I don't have the proper equipment to capture video directly.

Hrm, I guess the best way to tell is to go straight to Flynt and see if that fight is any different. I'll try that tomorrow.
Can anyone confirm if the audio bugs were fixed too?

I actually kind of love the way enemies just poof and explode into blood in this version. It reminds me of OG Doom and makes it feel arcadey. Smart choice for a concession.

Top Bottom