• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 Vita |OT| 870 gajillion guns in your pockets

mauaus

So cross save isn't working yet, correct? If it isn't, can I start a game with a new class and transfer my two PS3 classes over when it is available? It's just one save per character, correct?

And someone should tweet at Greg Miller and ask him to tweet the hashtags (he helped get this whole port started with a suggestion to Pitchford, and he has a huge following).

I don't think he wants to go against IGNs shitty review

Is anyone else finding tons of legendary drops? during my multiple playthroughs before, I found 1 or 2 legendaries total. Now I've found 7 in one go.

First time through on PC I found about 8-10 (in 90ish hours)

So far I've only found one on Vita (about 18 hours in). I of course am not counting the mission related ones like the shield you can get relatively early in the game in "the firehawk" area.

SirNinja

Does anyone know if transferring characters from PC -> PS3 -> Vita will keep badass rank? I have 31K badass rank and would rather not lose it :<

Badass Rank is saved in a different file (profile.bin) than characters (Save####.sav). Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way to transfer the profile.bin file from platform to platform.

So cross save isn't working yet, correct?

Correct. The PS3 version needs to be patched.

the buyback tab on the vending machine charges you the same amount that they gave you in the sale, so not sure how it's killing your money. Are you accidentally hitting the button to sell all the items you had flagged as "junk" and you're somehow accidentally flagging your gear as junk?

how do you flag something as junk? my guess is im doing this without even noticing.

Just picked up the game from Best Buy, downloading patch/DLC before playing. Can't wait to try it out myself as I've never played a Borderlands game. If I can look past the Jak Collection's problems on Vita and enjoy that game I'm sure that I'll be fine with the performance of this one.

Also I've found it better to just look up gameplay of Vita games and go with my gut feelings instead of wasting my time reading reviews.

BigDug13

how do you flag something as junk? my guess is im doing this without even noticing.

Not sure how to do it on Vita. I just know that was a thing the game offered within the inventory. It should say on the bottom while in the inventory what button does it.

edit - looks like it's the back left touchpad on my setup. Probably accidentally hitting it while looking at your inventory. It will show a star if you've labeled a gun as a favorite and an x if you've labeled it as junk, then at the vendor there's a button you can hit to basically "sell all junk".

Just picked up the game from Best Buy, downloading patch/DLC before playing. Can't wait to try it out myself as I've never played a Borderlands game. If I can look past the Jak Collection's problems on Vita and enjoy that game I'm sure that I'll be fine with the performance of this one.

Also I've found it better to just look up gameplay of Vita games and go with my gut feelings instead of wasting my time reading reviews.

I do the same.

I watch a couple of videos (a few minutes a piece) and decide whether I'll buy it or not.

Those are way more helpful at showing and communicating gameplay, graphics and mechanics - far more than some written reviews.

Hmmm...
So the Ps3 patch isn't live yet? That's kind of weird. I wonder how long they will take to get it out.

I'm about to go pick up my copy. I hope they have the patch out before I get back...

Just picked it up from best buy and i patched it, where do i download the dlc? I couldnt find it on the store and there's no option from the main menu. I want to play as gaige!

Not sure how to do it on Vita. I just know that was a thing the game offered within the inventory. It should say on the bottom while in the inventory what button does it.

edit - looks like it's the back left touchpad on my setup. Probably accidentally hitting it while looking at your inventory. It will show a star if you've labeled a gun as a favorite and an x if you've labeled it as junk, then at the vendor there's a button you can hit to basically "sell all junk".

Thanks for telling me this, guess i deserved it for not reading the manual:p.

MattyG

Banned
I have an assassin save and a gunzerker save on PS3, and I'm going to start a new one on Vita. Is Krieg a good choice? Oh, and what was that control scheme that everyone said was better than default?

Hollycat

I have an assassin save and a gunzerker save on PS3, and I'm going to start a new one on Vita. Is Krieg a good choice? Oh, and what was that control scheme that everyone said was better than default?

Krieg is probably the only character who can reliably solo super bosses without being super overleveled.

I like to think I'm not crazy, but I think the latest 1.02 patch helps the performance a bit. I ran around in the same area with and without the patch and it did seem a little smoother with the patch.

Kemal86

Marcus and Handsome Jack sound weird. I don't know if the voices were re-recorded or it's just a crappy audio codec or vita speaker or what.

MattyG

Banned
Oh my god. I just started and... OHMYGOD. I was totally caught off guard by how good this looks. And it's running really well too (at least no worse than the PS3 version).

U2NUMB

So just picked it up.. simple question, the DLC is given via code.. does it download and take up card space or is it simply an unlock the content on card code? I ask because I only have a couple hundred MB left on my memory card.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
So just picked it up.. simple question, the DLC is given via code.. does it download and take up card space or is it simply an unlock the content on card code? I ask because I only have a couple hundred MB left on my memory card.

UVH, Kreig, and Gaige are unlock codes while the other 2 are actual expansions that'll take up 2gigs together.

Tigress

Just picked it up today. I'm actually surprised I'm not annoyed at the back touch controls. Melee actually makes a lot of sense there and sprint is a little more annoying (for some reason it doesn't seem as accurate).

Though, to be fair I've accidentally hit melee a few times but I have had to make myself notice cause it's so quick it doesn't get in the way of my gameplay (until I hit a friendly... can you do that in Borderlands?).

I don't know about if you can cross save or not, I know it made me download a patch before I even hit the cross save button. Then it said I had to upload a game first (I haven't touched borderlands on my PS3 in a while and I don't know if you have to go over to your PS3 and upload your game first.. which probably means you need a patch for that game too).

poopninjamvc3mk

Haven't been on gaf all day but did the patch seem to make the game slightly smoother to anyone? Kinda feels like it imo. Also I haven't had any crashes or freezes that other ppl were having all the time but did it help with that also for you guys?

Kydd BlaZe

Vita Borderlands 2 bundle just arrived from Amazon! Can't wait to open this sumbitch up!!

Also ordered a 32gb Memory card. Going all digital on this bad boy.

poopninjamvc3mk

Y'all talking about cramped with 32gbs? I'm still on that 8gb card I got on sale for $15 :p.

Waiting paitient for a 16gb-32gb sale on amazon or something.

I'm kinda amazed at how much I can squeeze on this 8gb card though sometimes.

Ugh, people enjoying this game need to avoid Podcast Beyond this week - reviewer overstates his same complaint over and over again.

Yeah, and I found Vince's gripe about the back touchpad to be complete bullshit. It works for me 100% of the time.

Man, I've been in this thread for too long.

Tigress

Vita Borderlands 2 bundle just arrived from Amazon! Can't wait to open this sumbitch up!!

Also ordered a 32gb Memory card. Going all digital on this bad boy.

I am going to echo everyone else to cancel the 32 and get a 64 GB card if you are going all digital. Especially if you are going to have PS+. It's only like 20 dollars more? (unless you manage to get a super deal) and trust me, you'll thank me later.

I have a 32, I'm not doing all digital (only digital for games I can get really cheap or there is no other option). I already deleted some games off of it to keep 9 GBs free. And keep in mind, I'm not doing all digital. If I had done Borderlands digital, there would go another 5 GBs of that. And Killzone I think would have taken 4. And that's only 2 of my non indie/non small games.

Now, you could just say, "well I'll buy another one if it gets full". But VIta's UI makes changing memory cards a real PITA (it's bad enough they make memory expensive, but then they make it so it's annoying if you need more than one memory card). You have to power the Vita off (not just hit the power button, like truly turn it off). Change cards. Then turn it on and wait for it to index the card you just put in. Every single time you want to change cards... it's not worth it. And you can't just risk destroying data by skipping the turning off, it will still insist on re indexing the card if you try to change it while it is on (and it will bitch at you that you could have destroyed data on it). I found I used my Vita a helluva lot more when I bought the 32 and could fit everything on it vs. when I had two 16 GBs (That's when I really started loving my Vita to tell the truth).

If you are going full digital, get a 64 GB... you're going to need it. I kinda wish I could afford a 64 GB myself honestly (but I'll just either suck it up and start using one fo the 16 GBs or more likely, try to only keep games I am playing currently on and sacrifice having access to any that I want at any time. I only managed the 32 GB by getting a Black Friday deal tbh. Otherwise I would have just paid the 20 extra and gone for the 64 GB if I was going to spend as much as the 32 costs normally).

For those going all digital I have 3 bits of advice:

1. Your Vita can hold a game card, use it. Buy the biggest game you want at retail (or at least one that is almost the largest 4GB in size) so that you can at least remove that from your memory card and free up 4GB for more games. You won't even know the difference between your 1 card game and the digital games.

2. Buy the 64GB card. Its expensive but these games fill up FAST! Those recommending this are completely correct. Unless you have a very limited amount of games you'd like, the space will be used.

3. Free up space with retail games. I know this seems counter intuitive since the idea is going all digital, but its a great tip to know for when you fill up the 64GB. If you have a retail and digital version of a game you can essentially switch between the two by putting in the game card of a game on your memory card (the Vita will ask you if you want to delete the game data but not the saves, DLC or patches), or re-downloading the game from PSN to make it digital again (you then need to select install on the system notifications). Great to do this with big games like Uncharted.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Haven't been on gaf all day but did the patch seem to make the game slightly smoother to anyone? Kinda feels like it imo. Also I haven't had any crashes or freezes that other ppl were having all the time but did it help with that also for you guys?
Glad I'm not going crazy, definitely feels that way for me too! Which is a good thing ;)

Finally got my physical copy and starting the game... these reviewers are on crack, this looks fantastic on screen. I'm kind of taken aback that I have this in my hands here.

Korosenai

Delete the whole bubble and redownload only the game is your only option.
Really.

Make sure to save your save data to PS Plus or transfer it to your PC before you do this.

Ok, so i'm going to go ahead and delete the dlc now because I need some extra memory for games i'm getting soon.

Do I just transfer the entire game from my vita to my laptop? I couldn't find the save file for it, only thing I could find was the entire game. Does it separate everything on my computer in the content manager app?

Ok, so i'm going to go ahead and delete the dlc now because I need some extra memory for games i'm getting soon.

Do I just transfer the entire game from my vita to my laptop? I couldn't find the save file for it, only thing I could find was the entire game. Does it separate everything on my computer in the content manager app?

If you have PS+ just hit the icon on the live area and upload your save.

If you don't have it, you'll have to transfer the entire game.

I am pretty happy with this so far, graphics look excellent!

Reviewers made this seem much worse. Did they have the patch installed? I have played around 4 hours with no issues, just some slowdown in menus.

Pretty excited to keep playing anywhere!

Top Bottom