• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boruto |OT| Naruto Next Generations

Khezu

The way I see it.

Boruto is a lot better then Naruto has been in like forever, since part 1 even.

But it lacks the crazyness that Naruto was sorta known for, all the characters are normal and safe. Not distinct enough to really draw big fan bases, and the story and action is very toned down compared to even part 1 Naruto.

Naruto was a train wreck you couldn't look away from.
Boruto is a good show, but with out a hook.

Not to mention a lot of people don't care about Boruto because they don't want anymore Naruto.
They simply wanted it to end so they could close off that chapter in their life and move on, not continue with this nonsense.
Which is more how I feel about Bleach, but I know a lot of people who feel that way about Naruto.

I hope Boruto stays the way it is though, and slowly ramps up. It's a very nice change to the garbage that was part 2.

LotusHD

Banned
This thread has a fraction of the activity of the original Manga thread. I see this brought up often. What people don't realise is that a lot of the Naruto fandom aren't even bothering to follow this new series.

So the majority of people disappointed with Boruto... aren't watching it to begin with?

and it gets a little worse in the chp....

16.png

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Thought we would get into more interesting stuff this last episode but nooope, same shit. Such a weak ass start compared to Part 1. I feel nothing has developed except for seeing the same shadow a thousand times. I am just crossing fingers because there's a lot of potential down the road, but I don't know how long I'll survive :p

Fj0823

Worst thing is that Sarada got some really cool shots and in character expressions during the chapter

And every single one of them was followed by her bending over or making suggestive lip movement...

ugh...

I don't even mind her training in underwear...it's just everything about her demeanor

rambis

Banned
Thought we would get into more interesting stuff this last episode but nooope, same shit. Such a weak ass start compared to Part 1. I feel nothing has developed except for seeing the same shadow a thousand times. I am just crossing fingers because there's a lot of potential down the road, but I don't know how long I'll survive :p
Last 2 episodes were originally one but Kishi added so much they split it into 2. If you care about the lore then there was a bit added there and that was probably the best look we've seen of Boruto's fighting ability.

Overall I think this arc is serving its purpose which is world building. I would argue its doing that better than Naruto ever did despite the low stakes.

SoulUnison

Banned
I like that the villain gives a shoutout to Orochimaru right before, presumably,
biting off and swallowing a child's head.

Yeah. These two would probably get along.

EDIT: Oops, got my threads crossed.

Morlas

One thing I'll give kishimoto credit for is he never tended to oversexualize his female characters but this is....yea

Moaradin

I hope Sarada adopts the Boruto movie design and not the manga one for the anime. If the anime goes the Ikemoto route I may just drop it tbh.

Fj0823

One thing I'll give kishimoto credit for is he never tended to oversexualize his female characters but this is....yea

I mean he did sexualize some characters but they were all adults or 19y/o versions of the kids

I hope Sarada adopts the Boruto movie design and not the manga one for the anime. If the anime goes the Ikemoto route I may just drop it tbh.

Promo art has her in her Kishimoto outfit for the post academy episodes

Shit's like an entirely different character

Morlas

I mean he did sexualize some characters but they were all adults or 19y/o versions of the kids

Promo art has her in her Kishimoto outfit for the post academy episodes

Shit's like an entirely different character
The sexiest dressed one was ino and all she had was a midriff shirt but no stripper heels

Galang

Banned
Actually enjoying Boruto a lot more than I have enjoyed Naruto in probably a decade! The movie was rad and now I've just caught up to episode 9. Have about a hundred episodes to go in Shipuuden, and this finally convinces me to actually slog through the rest. Hoping the treatment of female characters is much better in this new series. Sarada is my favourite character so far and i'm praying she isn't neglected in the story

Wild Card

Yeah the art in boruto is disgusting compared to the nice sensible clean art kishi did.

yeah but its not like he puts them out front and center, even if thecharacter is packing they wear clothes that cover it up. check hinata out, big boobs but is dressed in a big ass coat.

you should check out pre-time skip hinata in that coat, it's huge, like a damn eskimo.

I have been consistently impressed with each of these episodes quality, especially because I don't believe this is seasonal.

Also fight scenes in Naruto are my favorite in all of anime. Like the latest episode of My Hero has a super sick animated scene, but the flow and choreography of scenes in Naruto are the absolute best, and I was worried that we would lose that going into Boruto, but I am so glad I was wrong.

Check it out if you want a reminder.

"Taijutsu" Naruto Series Sakuga MAD Anime 1#

"Taijutsu" Naruto Series Sakuga MAD Anime 2#

I was starting to adjust on the mangas art but damn it went full downhill. It's better to follow the anime this time around.

Fj0823

This is the naruto franchise now, accept it

Not necessarily, fans rejected Saint Seiya Omega and Lost Canvas and you see zero references to those series aside from a couple figures here and there. For the franchise they might as well not exist

Dragon Ball Super and Rebuild of Evangelion were well received and you can see that the games, cards, media and the likes now include the new characters and settings because fans accepted them as part of the franchise.

I can see that being the case for the Boruto manga

I liked Omega and TLC ):

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Not necessarily fans rejected Saint Seiya Omega and Lost Canvas and you see zero references to those series aside from a couple figures here and there. For the franchise they might as wellwell nit exist

Dragon Ball Super and Rebuild of Evangelion were well received and you can see that the games, cards, media and the likes now include the new characters and settings because fans accepted them as parta of the franchise.

I liked Omega and TLC ):

Yeah true, ive seen basically nobody be ok with the design decisions for the manga, especially in sarada's case as its against her character.
So other than the manga, promotional material is going more on kishi's designs or atleast tones down the manga's design.

So the majority of people disappointed with Boruto... aren't watching it to begin with?

Majority of Naruto fans are not following because this new series has done little to show why it should be considered a sequel to the original series. To put it bluntly, they left with Kishi.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1358135
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142096

It took the OG Naruto anime thread 6 months to reach 50,000 posts, its taken Boruto less than 2. Someone should change your tag to alternative shonen facts.

Edited:

Those are views not posts. Should be ~700 posts in 2 months versus 6 months for Shippuden.

Bruh why you going back to 2007 lmao
We're you even there during the Manga OT. We would passed this entire OT with the release of one/two chapters in 1/2 weeks. Heck, I think the spoiler leaks would of made more discussion than some of these Boruto episode discussions haha

I was starting to adjust on the mangas art but damn it went full downhill. It's better to follow the anime this time around.

I like the manga art at times, but at least in the newest chapter, the artists seems to have a quirk with faces that makes them a bit more rounded than necessary, its kind of hard to describe but everytime its the face that I have to get used too. Fortunately the anime avoids this, though maybe its because the people have been drawing the designs for >+10 years.

rambis

Banned
Majority of Naruto fans are not following because this new series has done little to show why it should be considered a sequel to the original series. To put it bluntly, they left with Kishi.

Bruh why you going back to 2007 lmao
We're you even there during the Manga OT. We would passed this entire OT with the release of one/two chapters in 1/2 weeks. Heck, I think the spoiler leaks would of made more discussion than some of these Boruto episode discussions haha
Im comparing the Boruto anime thread to the Naruto anime thread. This isn't a manga thread, people actively discourage the talk about manga here....

Fj0823

Well alright then lol

I mean I've seen most people praise the Boruto anime and a very small minority shit on it because "Original was better" mentality.

The fact that the "raping my childhood" BS is at a minimum shows that the spin off is successful to me

The manga though, yeah that one gets a lot of deserved criticism.

LotusHD

Banned
I mean I've seen most people praise the Boruto anime and a very small minority shit on it because "Original was better" mentality.

The fact that the "raping my childhood" BS is at a minimum shows that the spin off is successful to me

The manga though, yeah that one gets a lot of deserved criticism.

I had a longer post I wanted to use, but I didn't really feel like getting into it. All I know is the majority on this thread seem to like the anime (Or are starting to) so far, myself included. Hopefully it stays that way.

Yado

No one likes it yet Ikemoto keeps pushing it.

It looks even worse when you compare Kishimoto's original version of the characters

sarada-and-chocho1.png

This is one of my favourite Gaiden panels, they looked so cute and wholesome.

Now they look like baby thots
zX8KPi7.gif

Im comparing the Boruto anime thread to the Naruto anime thread. This isn't a manga thread, people actively discourage the talk about manga here....

Even that comparison falls apart, but the reason I brought the manga thread is because that is what the fandom followed for new content. Just compare it to this thread or the dead Boruto manga thread and its laughable.

Don't know why some of you are in such denial. I'm a massive Naruto fan as well. Its okay if the new series is not a hit. Its expected to be honest, when you abandon the original creator and side with SP fillers and a new team that struggles to understand what made Naruto popular.

Top Bottom