• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boruto |OT| Naruto Next Generations

Pein

Banned
Lmao most underwhelming training time skip by Far!
Yeah he was so crap compared to sasuke lol. His big power up was oodama rasengan.

All I want is badass Naruto-trained Himawari post-skip.
Maybe it's just me but I hope she goes all in byakugan, give me another neji but fully realized and trained up. Don't punk her and leave her by the wayside.

Because boruto is already naruto like with Kage bunshin and a rasengan variant.

Pein

Banned
Like I don't understand no type of nine tails control,no sage mode? Like how you didn't think to do that stuff with him knowing what he had to face?
True, I mean he should have been been spamming the shit out of frog summons and some elemental jutsu. I understand him coming back with no real kyuubi training, jiraiya tried that and ended up with a giant scar on his chest. But summoning like what sasuke was doing should have been some basic stuff because of his huge chakra supply.

Kakashi was a far better teacher and him training with the clones did far more then jiraiya managed to do. God that was a good training arc.

MartyStu

Yeah he was so crap compared to sasuke lol. His big power up was oodama rasengan.

Maybe it's just me but I hope she goes all in byakugan, give me another neji but fully realized and trained up. Don't punk her and leave her by the wayside.

Because boruto is already naruto like with Kage bunshin and a rasengan variant.

I want her to inherit the sage stuff as well as go all in on the byakugan. Inheriting Kurema would be cool too.

True, I mean he should have been been spamming the shit out of frog summons and some elemental jutsu. I understand him coming back with no real kyuubi training, jiraiya tried that and ended up with a giant scar on his chest. But summoning like what sasuke was doing should have been some basic stuff because of his huge chakra supply.

Kakashi was a far better teacher and him training with the clones did far more then jiraiya managed to do. God that was a good training arc.
That entire arc was the best in shippuden
-Sincerely shikamaru stan

Like he didn't even learn about what his chakra nature. All he learned in two years was how to make the rasengan turn into a big rasengan. Meanwhile we got Sasuke turning into a goddamn sith lord.
Everybody advanced much more than he did(well except maybe lee..well that entire team actually except guy)

Kyuur

Lol at the bolded. You are the only one trying hard to talk the series down in this thread. Every other comment is positive. From my personal experience everyone i know who watches this series is praising it too.

I mean, I think what I've watched of the show (the first 4-5 episodes) was pretty awful too, it's not just him. In a thread dedicated to the series or among people continuing to watch the series you're probably going to find mostly people enjoying the series. Common sense, hate-watching is rare.

I mean it's pretty much gives you that og naruto feeling. Unless they pull a shippuden later of course in which case ppls tones will change lol

I disagree -- feels nothing like Naruto. Feels more like a kodomo series than shonen, really.

Unless you're referring to some other Naruto thread/website, I'm pretty sure the majority of us now like it, or at least have begun warming up to it.

Has there been some drastic change in the series format thus far to warrant this?

LotusHD

Banned
Has there been some drastic change in the series format thus far to warrant this?

Not really, I'm just liking Boruto and co. more and more. Episode 8 is when I first realized I actually look forward to it now, rather than it being a show I want to quickly get through. Also we got to see a grandfatherly Hiashi, which was pretty damn adorable.

Pein

Banned
That entire arc was the best in shippuden
-Sincerely shikamaru stan
I'm biased toword the pain arc lol.

Everybody advanced much more than he did(well except maybe lee..well that entire team actually except guy)

Yeah I mean thats fine though, Lee was operating at a really high level anyway. He could open 6 gates already. If he opened the 7th gate that means he could use something like hirudora and I dunno thats too much growth for me.

I just needed Naruto to be a jounin level ninja and pull off some interesting jutsu.

Oh and to be on topic, I hate that he eats burgers all the time, back to ichiraku with you.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I mean it's pretty much gives you that og naruto feeling. Unless they pull a shippuden later of course in which case ppls tones will change lol

People were super fine with shippuden up until after the pain arc, I mean there was small complaints about "sasuke shippuden" for a while but it was more of a joke then anything, pain arc is kinda like what happened to bleach, it was a huge climax where everything was coming together so when it was over people moved on.

Cept naruto was and still is incredibly popular after the fact because some loose ends did need to be tied up(like naruto's parents and how he became a jinchuuriki in the 1st place).

Pein

Banned
People were super fine with shippuden up until after the pain arc, I mean there was small complaints about "sasuke shippuden" for a while but it was more of a joke then anything, pain arc is kinda like what happened to bleach, it was a huge climax where everything was coming together so when it was over people moved on.

Cept naruto was and still is incredibly popular after the fact because some loose ends did need to be tied up(like naruto's parents and how he became a jinchuuriki in the 1st place).

If Itachi wasn't retconned to be good the manga could've shut down after the Pain arc. But Shonen jump definitely needed it to stick around, because it's a series that makes fucking bank.

LotusHD

Banned
If Itachi wasn't retconned to be good the manga could've shut down after the Pain arc. But Shonen jump definitely needed it to stick around, because it's a series that makes fucking bank.

Wonder what happens when Oda is finally ready to end One Piece.

Pein

Banned
Wonder what happens when Oda is finally ready to end One Piece.
One piece is their last big name manga running, that shit ain't ending anytime soon and they'll just pull another DB super or Boruto and hand it off. Seriously I don't know if there is gonna be another big shonen jump series on the scale of a naruto or Dragonball in the west. Them dudes are probably shook right now.
Luffy gets married to Hancock and we start all over because shonen jump ain't letting this die

Basically lol.

LotusHD

Banned
One piece is their last big name manga running, that shit ain't ending anytime soon and they'll just pull another DB super or Boruto and hand it off. Seriously I don't know if there is gonna be another big shonen jump series on the scale of a naruto or Dragonball in the west. Them dudes are probably shook right now.

Can't see it happening. The closest candidate is My Hero, and while I don't keep up with that kind of stuff, I'm assuming it has a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go.

Shouta

Hanabi was great in the latest episode and her design is pretty fantastic. It almost makes me forgive them for what they did to Anko...almost.

Boruto definitely is enjoyable and very much reminiscent of OG Naruto. The characters following their parents sorta hurts the show though. The new chars that aren't kids of folks from Naruto are way more interesting. Only one of the new kids that I think works really well is Sarada who manages to find her own niche while still reminding the viewer who her parents are.

Hanabi was great in the latest episode and her design is pretty fantastic. It almost makes me forgive them for what they did to Anko...almost.

Boruto definitely is enjoyable and very much reminiscent of OG Naruto. The characters following their parents sorta hurts the show though. The new chars that aren't kids of folks from Naruto are way more interesting. Only one of the new kids that I think works really well is Sarada who manages to find her own niche while still reminding the viewer who her parents are.
It's just so disappointing that so far they all litterally fight just like their parents as well. The most interesting thing so far was inojin had colored ink

LotusHD

Banned
In a way it's pretty amusing criticizing kids for learning the techniques of their respective clans lol

Like it makes perfect sense they'd fight that way, and yet of course we don't care, we want variety. I'm sure they'll mix it up eventually though. Like having a protagonist that gets a Byakugan mutation sounds dope. Or Shikadai maybe learning some Wind-style attacks.

But yea, it's been 9 episodes guys, patience is key.

foxuzamaki

It's just so disappointing that so far they all litterally fight just like their parents as well. The most interesting thing so far was inojin had colored ink

Well I mean, they were trained by their parents, their moves should be the same, atleast in the beginning, before coming up with new shit.

Well I mean, they were trained by their parents, their moves should be the same, atleast in the beginning, before coming up with new shit.
Exactly Parents Two not fathers. Where's shikadai's sweet wind Justu shadow combos?,
Sarada eventually gets both as we've seen already.
Should I spoiler tag that

foxuzamaki

Exactly Parents Two not fathers. Where's shikadai's sweet wind Justu shadow combos?,
Sarada eventually gets both as we've seen already.
Should I spoiler tag that

As you said, sarada gets both, but boruto also learns his dad techniques aswell as hyuga training.

They can pull some creative stuff for inojin involving his ink puppets and the ability to enter people's minds and stuff

rambis

Banned
I mean, I think what I've watched of the show (the first 4-5 episodes) was pretty awful too, it's not just him. In a thread dedicated to the series or among people continuing to watch the series you're probably going to find mostly people enjoying the series. Common sense, hate-watching is rare.

I disagree -- feels nothing like Naruto. Feels more like a kodomo series than shonen, really.

Its mostly him and you I guess. Its like 1-2 negative comments for every 10 positive ones. People hate watch all the time, take a look at any shippuden thread on here.

LotusHD

Banned

mye.gif

Oh, okay. Had me worried there for a second lol

Yea the manga is terrible art-wise, especially where she's concerned.

Jonnax

Holy fuck.

Almost the entire fandom are against his ridiculous treatment of Sarada and his awful art.

Thankfully the anime guys are huge fans and are ignoring it.

In fact going by Boruto's anime merchandise, we know she'll ditch the manga outfit for the movie one soon

What's the reaction from Japanese fans though?

Sesha

Yo is the guy designing saradas outfit a pedophile?

Wtf isn't she like 12?

Boruto is a manga aimed at kids. Her outfit is probably meant to pander to the intended audience. It's tasteless, but it's probably not there for the enjoyment of the artist.

What's the reaction from Japanese fans though?

Very few artists are using the new designs. Overall the series has a 70% decline from Naruto.

Unless you're referring to some other Naruto thread/website, I'm pretty sure the majority of us now like it, or at least have begun warming up to it.

This thread has a fraction of the activity of the original Manga thread. I see this brought up often. What people don't realise is that a lot of the Naruto fandom aren't even bothering to follow this new series.

rambis

Banned
Very few artists are using the new designs. Overall the series has a 70% decline from Naruto.

This thread has a fraction of the activity of the original Manga thread. I see this brought up often. What people don't realise is that a lot of the Naruto fandom aren't even bothering to follow this new series.
Lol keep the good fight going bro. This is more or less the exact same amount of activity you saw at shippudens conclusion. Thread gets bumped the day of an episode and not much elsewise.

Funny how you have by far the most posts in this thread despite you shrugging off the series since it was announced.

Lol keep the good fight going bro. This is more or less the exact same amount of activity you saw at shippudens conclusion. Thread gets bumped the day of an episode and not much elsewise.

Funny how you have by far the most posts in this thread despite you shrugging off the series since it was announced.

Ain't even close to Shippuden during its canon airings, let alone the Naruto manga thread, where the real story was followed weekly.

rambis

Banned
Ain't even close to Shippuden during its canon airings, let alone the Naruto manga thread, where the real story was followed weekly.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1358135
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142096

It took the OG Naruto anime thread 6 months to reach 50,000 posts, its taken Boruto less than 2. Someone should change your tag to alternative shonen facts.

Edited:

Those are views not posts. Should be ~700 posts in 2 months versus 6 months for Shippuden.

Top Bottom