• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boruto |OT| Naruto Next Generations

VeeP

^^ Wasn't Hokage for Pain so let's not count that lol. So 1/2 currently sounds good.

As many times as there are Hokages.

Well we got a few years until the time skip I'm guessing. So maybe he'll stop the destruction 6 more times 👀.

the village being destroyed is like some cheap gimmick

new threat, RIP village (those anime fillers and movies were Konoha was at risk didn't help either)

Sad that Naruto spends his life signing all that paper work probably for infrastructure & shit then BAM, some asshole nukes all of the output. Makes me feel more sorry for Naruto when seeing him deal with all that crap lol

Wish they'd picked a better reason for Naruto to be busy all the time than fucking paper work. Clones can handle that easily. Would've preferred if he was dealing with some more substantial shit.

VeeP

Which movie. In the 'The Last...' Sasuke did it.

Naruto: Boruto the movie. This is probably gonna be an arc in the show eventually so spoilers:
During the tournament the whole village is attacked, Naruto stops the attack but ends up getting captured.

As in many things in life you're only as good as your last village destruction defense, one failure is one too many when the stakes are that high.

Sarutobi held it down, was hokage forever and the village was never blown up, the minute he steps down a goddamn giant fox starts trying to blow it up and he has to come back from retirement cause these young bucks can't handle it.

random25

The future events may not be just the Konoha village getting rekt.

With probably more OP villains coming along, I don't know what else they can destroy besides villages and the world lol.

Naruto: Boruto the movie. This is probably gonna be an arc in the show eventually so spoilers:
During the tournament the whole village is attacked, Naruto stops the attack but ends up getting captured.

...but he's literally at God-level. He can fly and everything. How would this be possible?

I really don't like that the village gets destroyed again, come on man this kinda shit wasn't supposed to happen on Naruto's watch, dude was all talk, smh.

Don't blame Naruto for Ikemoto's shit writing.

...but he's literally at God-level. He can fly and everything. How would this be possible?

Naruto ain't god level. That would be Kaguya.

He was against 2 gods

Tbh they weren't much. Sasuke handled Kinshiki solo fine, and both easily defeated buffed Momo.

VeeP

Don't blame Naruto for Ikemoto's shit writing.

Naruto ain't god level. That would be Kaguya.

Tbh they weren't much. Sasuke handled Kinshiki solo fine, and both easily defeated buffed Momo.

Pretty sure the only reason Naruto got messed up was because instead of dodging the attack he took it head on to save the village. Wasn't that what happened?

Akai__

Hey cool. More storyline spoilers that didn't even happen in the anime yet. Isn't that cool!!!

Like seriously guys... How often do people have to be reminded that they should not discuss spoilers in here... It's the same shit as the Shippuuden thread.

I'm out here.

Hey cool. More storyline spoilers that didn't even happen in the anime yet. Isn't that cool!!!

Like seriously guys... How often do people have to be reminded that they should not discuss spoilers in here... It's the same shit as the Shippuuden thread.

I'm out here.

You should of watched Boruto the movie. Its been out since 2015 and was the direct sequel written by Kishi (alongside) Gaiden to the 700 chaptered Naruto series.

Caught up with the last two episodes. Loved it. The series remains strong and seeing Hiashi doting over his grandchildren brought a huge smile to my face. I'm sure it makes Naruto extremely happy seeing his kids live the life he wasn't able to. Really loved seeing more of the family dynamics this time around.

Boruto is such a goofy dork and Himawari remains absolutely adorable af. Cant wait for the next ep!

Jonnax

I'm shocked, Boruto is really good. Hopefully it'll be a while before it turns into long fight after long fight.

Episode 9
tumblr_oqtinkG8JM1qjf3iyo3_540.gif

Omg Boruto and Sarada did the SasuNaru, the whole scene I was like please do it, please.

tumblr_oqtinkG8JM1qjf3iyo5_540.gif

And Boruto is so powerful. I did wish they had uncovered his eye jutsu when Naruto and co were watching.

Fj0823

These filler retcons lmao
Meanwhile in the Chunin exams Boruto fails so hard fighting fodder genin.

Wait what?

Boruto is always presented as a prodigy

The reason he resorted to cheating in the movie is because he had no confidence and was afraid to fail in front of his father.Naruto days it in this episode, he's used to things being easy so he always takes the easy way out

Jonnax

I'm really tempted to watch this Boruto film.
Basically I've read the manga and checked out of the anime near the Opening 3 of Shippuden.

Would you recommend waiting until the anime gets to the chuunin exams?
Which seem a number of months away.

Renpatsu

If anything I'd rather that in these early episodes Boruto never comes to truly understand or confirm the existence of his unique eye powers among his peers (or Naruto for that matter) making it just another sore point of frustration for him. When you couple that with his issues relating to his father, his compulsion to hide his disappointments behind nonchalance, and his attitude towards hard work in spite of his natural talent - assuming they don't rework the material too heavily - it'll give the eventual descent his character takes in the events of the Boruto movie a more nuanced background to draw from.

I'm really tempted to watch this Boruto film.
Just watch the movie now because by the time the anime catches up they'll probably have laid the groundwork to rework the events of the movie into the series canon that it won't feel too much like a retread.

sturmdogg

Sad that Naruto spends his life signing all that paper work probably for infrastructure & shit then BAM, some asshole nukes all of the output. Makes me feel more sorry for Naruto when seeing him deal with all that crap lol

I wonder if Naruto regrets being Hokage? I'm sure paperwork takes up most of his time, he doesn't see his family that much, and there's no big bad to fight.

lol they about to get you psycho stop it!
Although this is sure making me wonder what boruto I was looking at during the exams because it sure wasn't this one

cough*SP filler*cough

;)

Wait what?

Boruto is always presented as a prodigy

The reason he resorted to cheating in the movie is because he had no confidence and was afraid to fail in front of his father.Naruto days it in this episode, he's used to things being easy so he always takes the easy way out

Supposed prodigy who doesn't have the confidence to rely on his own skills, fails at every single round in the Chunin exams, and lacks battle sense.
Compared to Sasuke, Neji, Kakashi or Itachi, Boruto is below average.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Does anyone have a list of all the canonical things post Naruto? I kinda watch the show but I'm not sure if I need to read some of the manga before watching the show or the movies or whatever.

LotusHD

Banned
Does anyone have a list of all the canonical things post Naruto? I kinda watch the show but I'm not sure if I need to read some of the manga before watching the show or the movies or whatever.

After Shippuden? Watch Naruto: The Last, and you're good to go.

EDIT: Oh, there's also a manga that shows what Mitsuki was up to before coming to the Leaf village.

The Last (Movie, and technically isn't "post Naruto")

Boruto Gaiden (Manga miniseries)

Boruto Movie (Movie, takes place after Boruto Gaiden)

Mistuki Manga

And the anime which will probably retread over all the post Naruto content in a slightly different way.

699/700 -> The Last -> Mitsuki one shot -> Naruto Gaiden -> Boruto the movie

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Ah okay, so the new anime is kinda an adaption of the Boruto manga that has come out. I was under the impression that the anime was a continuation of the manga.

Thanks.

Ah okay, so the new anime is kinda an adaption of the Boruto manga that has come out. I was under the impression that the anime was a continuation of the manga.

Thanks.

Forgot to mention that the Boruto anime takes place before the manga, in their academy days. They are genin in the movie. Haven't even gotten there yet.

Village is destroyed

All his paperwork and progress/meetings/investments gone

Naruto "The World is trash, it needs to no longer exist, I must engage the Moon EYE PLAN"

Waterdrop

I was all ready to hate on boruto when i watched it, and it was announced.

But holy god I am surprised, this anime is really solid, it's like watching the original Naruto again.

Great job!

Also the personalities of the crew are fantastic, boruto is awesome and likable.

LotusHD

Banned
Do you guys like Sarada and Boruto more than Sasuke and Naruto?

Well Sasuke will always suck, so yea, Sarada's better assuming we're including the manga. If not, then I can't really say anything, since Sarada has very little presence so far. Boruto so far is a lot more enjoyable to watch compared to Naruto as a kid though.

Top Bottom