• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brad Pitt Abuse Investigation: Jolie & His Other Children Abused (Update: Cleared)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spekkeh

Banned
I didn't really follow this, because it seems like general gossip fodder. But does it really hinge on this one time Brad slapped one of his children? Now don't get me wrong that's something you shouldn't do, but it's hardly systematic abuse is it? I reckon half of the people above thirty have been slapped at least once by one of their parents when they have been particularly unruly. Teenage boy doesn't want to be in the room when he gets a telling off by dad? That's every teenage boy ever.

What am I missing here? Honest question, I want to share in the outrage as much as the other person. But right now it seems more like building a (wonky) case just to get custody. And not something for outsiders to get worked up about.

Oersted

I didn't really follow this, because it seems like general gossip fodder. But does it really hinge on this one time Brad slapped one of his children? Now don't get me wrong that's something you shouldn't do, but it's hardly systematic abuse is it? I reckon half of the people above thirty have been slapped at least once by one of their parents when they have been particularly unruly. Teenage boy doesn't want to be in the room when he gets a telling off by dad? That's every teenage boy ever.

What am I missing here? Honest question, I want to share in the outrage as much as the other person. But right now it seems more like building a (wonky) case just to get custody. And not something for outsiders to get worked up about.

You are missing the article

spekkeh

Banned
I guess I am because the article doesn't really say anything apart from that team Jolie wants to add more things to the case about certain interactions. And that Maddox didn't want to meet his dad. Whatever that may mean.

KidJr

Wait hitting your kids is abuse? I mean I can see how if it's done out of rage and anger. But as a form a discipline while not the norm I certainly don't think it is abuse, I got some damage done to me as child growing up (especially in Jamaica) and that shit was the norm to me, and I imagine in many it was the same many black families growing up. While
I necessarily don't agree with it myself as I've recently had a child and wouldn't any to I don't view those who use physicality as a form of discipline abusers. I think as long as the child is old enough to understand, context etc then it's fine.

If Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie can't act in, direct, and produce and promote multiple giant Hollywood films every year, and also accumulate children all over the globe, and play poker with Matt Damon and still be happy, than who can?

Layell

I guess the rumors of this stunt being the Jolie message machine weren't too far off.

Abuse sucks, being accused of abuse is nearly as bad. Pitt being who he is will survive though.

Fury451

Banned
Why does investigation so easily mean guilt to so many people?

"Where there's smoke, there's fire"

It's an accurate statement, but a dangerous one in cases of people's lives, and opinion trumps facts these days for anything like this.

Even being cleared, he is still probably going to remain guilty to many in the court of public opinion.

weird post to make three minutes after "breaking" news.

I didn't really look at the time stamp. I came into the thread and read the first page, then jumped to this one to see if there was an update. I guess it was a little premature...but there is a tendency of "guilty until proven innocent" anytime someone is accused on here. I admit I tend to believe the vast vast majority of people wouldn't fake something like abuse, but I find it safer to wait and see than instantly jump on the accused

Oersted

And of course the people at the start of the thread calling him a piece of shit are noticeably absent

Thread has been bumped half an hour ago.

Dammit I hate this. I'm sorry for those kids and Angelina. This fucker Brad man.

Disgusting.

Pitt and Depp are horrible people and I'm glad they've been exposed

Abuse is a widespread thing that deserves to be taken seriously. Stop automatically assuming the rich white guy couldn't have done it when the victims get nothing out of lying about their emotional scars and are abused even further by fans.

Damn. This is disappointing.

As much as I love Angie (thanks Hackers) I didn't think she was stable enough to have so many kids in house. Brad on the other hand I thought was the stability factor that kept them all together, guess I was wrong.

I just assume that all high profile relationships like this between two huge stars is just a PR play. Perhaps this is what happens when two people who are forced in marriages for largely marketing purposes eventually come undone.

Why does investigation so easily mean guilt to so many people?

6 out of 120 posts. It could be many.

Beefy

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A source familiar with an investigation into whether actor Brad Pitt was abusive toward his son on a private flight in September says the case has been closed with no finding of abuse by the actor.

The source, who was not authorized to speak publicly, told The Associated Press on Wednesday that the investigation was closed within the past few days.

Multiples sources have said the Los Angeles Department of Children and Family Services had been looking into allegations Pitt was abusive toward his 15-year-old son on the flight in mid-September. Pitt's wife, Angelina Jolie Pitt, filed for divorce days after the incident.

Custody of the actors' six children has been the primary issue in their divorce.

A spokesman for the department said the agency could not confirm it investigated Pitt.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment...ld-services-investigation-ap-source-1.3153657

Full article

As i suspected it was BS. Still nasty how so many people and the OP jumped on the sensationalist side rather then waiting for actual facts to come out.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Angelina is pure scum if she indeed made up these allegations about the father of her children.

No shit. For all of her work and time around kids and her (apparent) desire to grow a large family - pulling that garbage is some vitriolic and toxic bullshit to put your kids through.

People and their motherfucking egos.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Yet, whatever happened on that plane on that day, was the catalyst for their divorce. Like what the fuck happened on that plane?

Kieli

if a 15 year old is unruly on the plane, what can a parent be allowed to do?

what defines spanking? and what defines physical abuse?

Whatever your discipline method is, if it results in your kid wanting to bail out of a meeting with you, then you have to question what the fuck you are doing.

You throw the kids PS4 in the swimming pool, thats how you punish without a spanking.
If it's a console that still has PT on it, the kid will never forget the lesson for the rest of their lives.

(My dad cut the wires of my NES when I punched my brother for not letting me play Double Dragon 2 with him, never forgotten)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom