• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 4 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary Whitta said:
I think you underestimate the human instinct for self-preservation.

I REALLY don't want to elaborate, but having myself been in a situation where not doing what I did would have probably killed me, there wasn't a whiff of an overwhelming sense of self-preservation there. Not-doing the thing was an actual option for me there that I did not immediately toss aside.

Instinct for self-preservation is totally a thing, but there are a million other factors that can totally override it. Suddenly becoming a drug dealer isn't a popular choice among cancer patients I hope. Stuff like common sense can override desires like that.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Napoleonthechimp said:
Inevitably we're going to see the result of Gus' past coming to bite Walt.
I just gotta wonder how they'd do that. God himself could've have made a cleaner getaway for Walt. All the deaths are on Tio, maybe even the cartel in retaliation. Same goes for the super lab and the bodies inside. The only way somebody would come after Walt is if they actually knew he was the one making the meth and they wanted more. Trouble is, Gus revealed tht Jesse was the mastermind. Then he killed everyone that knew, too. So yea, Gilligan's got a bit of a doozy ahead of him if he wants to write that into the final 16 episodes.

SalsaShark said:
what do you mean by that?

I dont see any other threat being present besides getting caught. Sure there's "henchmen" laying around, but like they give a fuck once that the dude who pays them is gone.
It's hard to be sure about that when we know so very, very little about Gus' past. What we do know is that he has some serious reach and my guess is that extends beyond his own death.

ezekial45

Banned
SalsaShark said:
what do you mean by that?

I dont see any other threat being present besides getting caught. Sure there's "henchmen" laying around, but like they give a fuck once that the dude who pays them is gone.

They did hint at something about his Chilean connections, and that 'Gustavo Fring' wasn't his actual birth name.

Salsa

I really dont see how this show could go on for 16 more episodes tbh. Filler galore.

Gary Whitta said:
It's hard to be sure about that when we know so very, very little about Gus' past. What we do know is that he has some serious reach and my guess is that extends beyond his own death.

ezekial45 said:
They did hint at something about his Chilean connections, and that 'Gustavo Fring' wasn't his actual birth name.

I see what you guys mean, and i guess there's gonna be some of that, in the sense of explaining Gus' past a bit more, since that was left just kinda there..

I think that part will come from Mike though, something more along the lines of when they started working together.

I just find the idea of suddenly a higher power chasing Walt, the TRUE GUS, THE GUS OF GUSSES. That would be really lame, this is as high as the bar goes as far as to what expect the show to cover.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
SalsaShark said:
Dont see why would he need money now..

It's up in the air, how much Walt has left. Shorted 600k because of Ted, and the unknown amount spent on Hank and his own medical needs, plus however much it was to buy the carwash.

Just know he didn't have half a million to spend at the end of Crawl Space. Thinking back, he needed 737,000 to cover his original "retirement" plan. I'd say he might still have a little need to cook up some more.

SpeedingUptoStop

ezekial45 said:
Maybe he stole some major player's identity and now th REAL Gustavo Fring will stand up
and adjust his tie.

SalsaShark said:
yeah.. the fact that she was getting way to close to knowing what was going on and was getting Jesse hooked again/distracted/thinking of walking away of the whole thing and expose Walt had nothing to do with his decision, he was doing it for Jesse's sake all along....
She was poison for Jess, yes ... and her being with him would also prove to turn Jess against him in the future.

Fuck, the first thing she does to Walt (after getting Jess addicted, effing with their work) was to blackmail him. What do you think would happen had she stayed alive? One or both of them would have ODed at some point OR they would have pissed away the money on shit she wanted/ wanted to do before they hit rock bottom and she decides it's time to blackmail Walt again. Or she would have just decided to leave Jess and blackmail Walt on her own.

That's all really. He did it for Jess because these was likely gonna be how it ended anyway AND she was showing that she was manipulative enough to fuck both of them over.

SpeedingUptoStop

Lonestar said:
It's up in the air, how much Walt has left. Shorted 600k because of Ted, and the unknown amount spent on Hank and his own medical needs, plus however much it was to buy the carwash.

Just know he didn't have half a million to spend at the end of Crawl Space. Thinking back, he needed 737,000 to cover his original "retirement" plan. I'd say he might still have a little need to cook up some more.
Ontop of whatever money is left to be laundered, the dude owns a profitable car wash (and Skyler would know how to run it well without him). His family officially has the nest egg already. Any urge to cook anymore would be him fulfilling his selfish macho fantasies.

Salsa

Black-Wind said:
She was poison for Jess, yes ... and her being with him would also prove to turn Jess against him in the future.

Fuck, the first thing she does to Walt (after getting Jess addicted, effing with their work) was to blackmail him. What do you think would happen had she stayed alive? One or both of them would have ODed at some point OR they would have pissed away the money on shit she wanted/ wanted to do before they hit rock bottom and she decides it's time to blackmail Walt again. Or she would have just decided to leave Jess and blackmail Walt on her own.

That's all really. He did it for Jess because these was likely gonna be how it ended anyway AND she was showing that she was manipulative enough to fuck both of them over.

not saying he didnt help Jesse in the process, but saying that his own sake was also heavily involved.

Gary Whitta said:
It's hard to imagine a happy ending for Walt, I think he has to die. Jesse will make it. That's my prediction.

The only thing that will really piss me off is if they kill Hank, I fucking love that dude. I think of him like a friend, or at least a friend I'd like to have.
Walt offing Hank would make the audience turn against him I think.

Angry Fork said:
Calling a woman a bitch is not misogynistic if she is one.

Ha ha okay, sure.

Fun exercise, replace "bitch" in that sentence with any number of other derogatory terms.

Aaaanyway, regardless of how one feels about that relative misogyny of current popular terminology, the way to solve drug addiction is not to let the addicted choke on their own vomit and die.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Ha ha okay, sure.

Fun exercise, replace "bitch" in that sentence with any number of other derogatory terms.

Aaaanyway, regardless of how one feels about that relative misogyny of current popular terminology, the way to solve drug addiction is not to let the addicted choke on their own vomit and die.
I don't think calling her a bitch is in ANY way unfounded or misogynistic.

BUT, why would Walt care about "helping" her get over her addiction?

ZAK

The only reason Don Eladio didn't kill Gus along with his partner is because of "who he is." Well, who is he? This summer on AMC...

Lonestar

Gus will probably end up being the son of a dictator or something. Whoever he is, "scared" the cartel enough to never kill him. Hell, elevate him in position, even after killing his friend in front of him.

Black-Wind said:
I don't think calling her a bitch is in ANY way unfounded or misogynistic.

BUT, why would Walt care about "helping" her get over her addiction?

Who knows? My question is why people are justifying Walt's actions, saying she deserved to die. My point is that she didn't.

SpeedingUptoStop

Gary Whitta said:
Fring prequel spinoff FTMFW
Can't believe they're ending this show in the next two years or so. Of all the shows that could have spin off opportunities (that even the fans would eat up), Breaking Bad is the one. Almsot every character ha a side story that could support a whole show.

Especially Mike.

Salsa

Lonestar said:
Gus will probably end up being the son of a dictator or something. Whoever he is, "scared" the cartel enough to never kill him. Hell, elevate him in position, even after killing his friend in front of him.

GUS IS THE SON OF PINOCHET OMG

pinochet.jpg

kehs

Banned
ZAK said:
The only reason Don Eladio didn't kill Gus along with his partner is because of "who he is." Well, who is he? This summer on AMC...

Maybe he didn't want to go down for a hate crime.

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Can't believe they're ending this show in the next two years or so. Of all the shows that could have spin off opportunities (that even the fans would eat up), Breaking Bad is the one. Almsot every character ha a side story that could support a whole show.

Especially Mike.
Yeah and they should just call it "Mike".

ZAK

Tyrus asked Gus if he should do it himself. First of all, wow, what loyalty. But furthermore, it shows he was still uneasy; that despite all his surveillance, something tricky might still happen. BUT HE STILL DIDN'T NOTICE THE BOMB FUCK THAT SHIT

Lonestar

SalsaShark said:
GUS IS THE SON OF PINOCHET OMG

pinochet.jpg
heh

But yeah, if this is something like this, yeah, Gus's family could become a presence in the last season.

ZAK said:
Tyrus asked Gus if he should do it himself. First of all, wow, what loyalty. But furthermore, it shows he was still uneasy; that despite all his surveillance, something tricky might still happen. BUT HE STILL DIDN'T NOTICE THE BOMB FUCK THAT SHIT

Yeah, can't believe he didn't see a large pipe bomb on the wheelchair, especially as it's pointed at Gus as Tyrus turn's Tio around to face him.

I guess Walt should have painted it hazard orange or something.

Salsa

I dont think he's Chilean at all, calling it!

if they shoe-horn a bigger villain then i'll hate this season. Chapest trick on the book.

overcast

cacophony said:
When I saw this it legit crossed my mind that Gus might be a robot, even though it's completely ridiculous his skull kind of looks like a piece of metal at first glance.

i9g1I.gif
Yup, I thought the same for a split second. I still don't like this scene.

Great finale otherwise. I don't know where they go from here, but I'm excited.

bathala

Banned
Vince even thought about Gus supersense because a critic from previous criticize that

When Gus walked out from the explanation. I literally talked out. HE IS SUPERHUMAN

then it panned out lol

SpeedingUptoStop said:

Especially Mike.

The spinoffs would be cool, but part of breaking bad I like is not knowing who is going to get got.

Walt obviously has to survive for a while, Jesse may be less likely than others to die but no one is off limits.

In a Gus or Mike prequel, we know they'll be fine for the most part. Walt could lose a limb or an eye next episode but we'd know Mike and Gus are never in any real danger, takes some of the suspense out of it.

I'd prefer a Breaking Bad: Jesse Pinkman, Metal Gear Pinkman if you will.

He's still young and if he survives Walt's story a continued story following him could be interesting.

overcast

ZAK said:
He had not put the bomb on yet. Why do you think they showed Walt outside hiding from Tyrus. He was waiting for Tyrus to leave to put the bomb on the wheelchair. Really good scene btw.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Who knows? My question is why people are justifying Walt's actions, saying she deserved to die. My point is that she didn't.
It's less "does she deserve to die" and more "should Walt have helped her stay alive" imo. There was no benefit for helping this parasite stay alive. She was going to destroy Jess, use him up and fuck up Walt's life.

Anyway, she died because of a choice she made. Walt just didn't save her and let nature take it's course.

Black-Wind said:
It's less "does she deserve to die" and more "should Walt have helped her stay alive" imo. There was no benefit for helping this parasite stay alive. She was going to destroy Jess, use him up and fuck up Walt's life.

Anyway, she died because of a choice she made. Walt just didn't save her and let nature take it's course.

I (kind of??) see what you're saying?

No, wait, of course I don't.

You need to find a benefit to allowing someone to not choke on their own vomit and die?

Seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom