• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 4 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mblitek

I just got these in time :)

waltresized.jpg

pinkmanresized.jpg

Can't wait, superpumped!

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
PhoenixDark said:
this

The Skylar hate reeks of pathetic sexism

I thought
cheating with her boss and then telling her husband "I fucked Bob" was not only immature but despicable.
(Spoilering just in case)

But maybe I am sexist. I didn't like the wives of the main characters for the Walking Dead and Man Men as well. Well, I didn't dislike Betty, I just didn't think much of her.

A Human Becoming said:
I thought cheating with her boss and then telling her husband "I fucked Bob" was not only immature but despicable.

But maybe I am sexist. I didn't like the wives of the main characters for the Walking Dead and Man Men as well. Well, I didn't dislike Betty, I just didn't think much of her.
Ted.

Who the fuck is Bob

The episode is called I.F.T. for fuck's sake.

did she really cheat though? i mean technically they were still married but she made it clear that they were separated only walt didnt want to be out of the house

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
brianjones said:
did she really cheat though? i mean technically they were still married but she made it clear that they were separated only walt didnt want to be out of the house

She did it just so she could get back at Walt, not because she loved 'Ted'. It was done purely out of spite.

I'm not on the Skylar hate train but her fucking Ted to get back at Walt justifies the hate. Hopefully she stops doing dumb shit this season, especially now that she's "Breaking Bad."

markot

Banned
She was trying to get Walt to leave and give up on the family.

She was also going through quite alot, the baby, the fact that her husband is big meth cook... etc...

Skylar is far, farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr more.... sympathetic than walt is.

Her screwing Ted is nothing compared to what walt has done to her or in general, not to mention, Ted did draw her into his lies too.

A Human Becoming said:
She did it just so she could get back at Walt, not because she loved 'Ted'. It was done purely out of spite.

she wanted to make walt divorce her cause he wouldn't on his terms

-htownplaya- said:
I'm not on the Skylar hate train but her fucking Ted to get back at Walt justifies the hate. Hopefully she stops doing dumb shit this season, especially now that she's "Breaking Bad."

lol

yeah hopefully she stops doing dumb shit like sleeping with ted and sticks to collaborating in a criminal conspiracy

the debate that never ends

A Human Becoming said:
Yeah so that's the mature way of handling it. It was deeper than just wanting him to divorce her, anyway.

well yeah, it was also about hurting walt in a way that he hurt her

and also i think she always had a crush on ted but used that circumstance to justify sleeping with him

it was no doubt a selfish act but walt's done far worse..

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
brianjones said:
well yeah, it was also about hurting walt in a way that he hurt her

and also i think she always had a crush on ted but used that circumstance to justify sleeping with him

it was no doubt a selfish act but walt's done far worse..

I just don't see how Walt has hurt her in the same way. He has lied to her, but as I can recall, he never purposely tried to hurt her. The reasons he hurt her were far more complex than simply revenge.

markot

Banned
A Human Becoming said:
I just don't see how Walt has hurt her in the same way. He has lied to her, but as I can recall, he never purposely tried to hurt her.
He put her whole family in danger... Not just with the kind of people who associate with drug dealing, he is a huge criminal who gets money from the misery of others, she may have to explain to her children why their father is an aforementioned huge criminal, and she could lose everything she owns if he is caught I am pretty sure. (Those proceeds of drug laws)

She was put into a position, tell the police, get her husband arrested and god knows what, or try to get Walt to leave permanently and leave the family alone.

BigAT

A Human Becoming said:
I just don't see how Walt has hurt her in the same way. He has lied to her, but as I can recall, he never purposely tried to hurt her. The reasons he hurt her were far more complex than simply revenge.
There are two ax-wielding maniacs sitting on her bed just a single episode before as a direct result of Walt's actions. What if she wasn't working for Ted and was sitting at home with Holly when they showed up?

xbhaskarx said:
I hope everything like this gets added to the OP so I'll remember to read it after the season is over....
Oh, real subtle! ;)

But seriously, please remind me to do this from time to time because I often forget.

Drewsky

That brighter green shirt that Cranston's wearing in the NY Times article reminds me of that blog post that analysed Walt's different shirts as he started accepting his new identity. Anyone remember where that was? Am I the only one that read it?

Example: Seasons 1-2 Walt mostly wore plaid and really boring shirts, like a high school chemistry teacher would, and even at the beginning of S3. But then about halfway through S3, after he's completely separated from Skyler and accepted the job with Gus, he starts wearing more dark, flashy button ups. Basically he just starts looking way more badass. Same idea with the goatee.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Yea, the article even points out how crazy in to detail gilligan gets with it. That level of perfectionist, I dunno if i could ever hope to achieve it.

satriales

I think the show does a really good job of showing that every character has their flaws. Even Hank smokes the occasional illegal cigar.

i meant to post this a week ago (not that anyone will really care, just thought it was funny).

we have our legal offices where i work separate from our company so we don't see those guys often. but last week one of the head attorneys came into our section of the office and was talking to a few of the people about pending lawsuits we have and this guy was a fucking DEAD RINGER for saul.

i mean he talked like him, he acted like him, he even looked somewhat like him. he had lines like "oh yeah i'm getting up to some stuff on the 4th of july weekend.... that may or may not involve a lot of alcohol... and by may not i mean the alcohol may not stop ah ha ha ha ha" and just stuff like that, came off like a real sleazer but i couldn't help but laugh and think of saul. a true testament to bob odenkirks genius in that i bet he did plenty of research before he took the part

I meant to ask but how high of a level is Gus at? Was he higher on the food chain than say Tuco or was it he's the same level he just's smart and hides himself?

Anyways I absolutely love Hank, and usually i absolutely despise Cops like Hank. yeah sure he's a loud mouthed fool, but, he's a good man who loves his family, and is quite competent as his job.

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i meant to post this a week ago (not that anyone will really care, just thought it was funny).

we have our legal offices where i work separate from our company so we don't see those guys often. but last week one of the head attorneys came into our section of the office and was talking to a few of the people about pending lawsuits we have and this guy was a fucking DEAD RINGER for saul.

i mean he talked like him, he acted like him, he even looked somewhat like him. he had lines like "oh yeah i'm getting up to some stuff on the 4th of july weekend.... that may or may not involve a lot of alcohol... and by may not i mean the alcohol may not stop ah ha ha ha ha" and just stuff like that, came off like a real sleazer but i couldn't help but laugh and think of saul. a true testament to bob odenkirks genius in that i bet he did plenty of research before he took the part

Why does it not surprise me that this man is employed by our mutual employer....lol

AlimNassor said:
I meant to ask but how high of a level is Gus at? Was he higher on the food chain than say Tuco or was it he's the same level he just's smart and hides himself?

Anyways I absolutely love Hank, and usually i absolutely despise Cops like Hank. yeah sure he's a loud mouthed fool, but, he's a good man who loves his family, and is quite competent as his job.

He's higher than Tuco, he's one of the guys hat has divided up the southwest alongside the Mexican Cartel.

markot

Banned
I think he used to be the main cartel guy in the area, as in their main buyer, but now he has walt so he did the dirty on the cartel and is pretty much a one man show, produces and sells all over south west USA. Much higher than Tuco ever was.

AlimNassor said:
So I wonder if Gus ever employed Crazy 8 or Tuco

I would LOVE a cold open flashback involving Tuco and Gus, maybe Tuces talking to his ol' Tio about this new guy on the scene he started working with and Tio being all "I don't trust this duder" and Tuces is all like "TIO!! YOU GOTTA RELAX MAN!!"

AND IT'S ALL ON SOME DRAMATIC IRONY TYPE SHIT!!!!

Speaking of cold opens, Gilligan said the following on the finale commentary:

We will hear Gale sing again in S4.

I figure this guarantees the nature of the cold open of the premiere.

- Entertainment Weekly's "Must Watch of the Week" is the Season 4 premiere, which provides "at least one genuinely shocking twist, and more proof that it's among the best shows on television." (print edition only)
- Quick Bryan Cranston quote on becoming Walter White:
Parade Magazine said:
"I've been doing it for a long time now, so you develop muscles that allow you to pick up and drop off. What truly helps an actor is to slip into that character's wardrobe and makeup. I shave my head for the role. We take the color out of my face and I put on the chinos and look in the mirror and say, 'Hello, old friend.'"
AMC press:
AMC said:
AMC's Emmy® Award-winning drama Breaking Bad will be back with a vengeance next Sun., Jul. 17 at 10PM | 9C. Created by acclaimed writer, producer, and director Vince Gilligan and produced by Sony Pictures Television, the series has been hailed as "TV's best" (Newsday), "mesmerizing" (LA Times) and "...among the very elite in television" (San Francisco Chronicle). Now, in its fourth season, danger has become a way of life for chemistry teacher-turned-drug-kingpin Walter White (Bryan Cranston), who has embraced his drug-world alter ego with chilling purpose. Even his once tranquil family life has taken a dark turn, as Walt continues to juggle his roles as fatherly provider and drug manufacturer.

Breaking Bad Season 4 premieres next Sun., Jul. 17 at 10PM | 9C on AMC

BenjaminBirdie said:
Speaking of cold opens, Gilligan said the following on the finale commentary:

We will hear Gale sing again in S4.

I figure this guarantees the nature of the cold open of the premiere.

What is he implying? That Jesse didn't do it or as a flashback or... ughh... if Jesse didn't go through, I'll be pissed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom