• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 5, Part 2 - The Final Eight Episodes - Sundays on AMC - OT2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick reminder that the 2013 Primetime Emmy Awards are on Sunday. We'll all presumably be watching BB during some of it, so I wanted to highlight a few awards that they're up for. Note that these are nominations based on the first half of season 5, and the show will be eligible in 2014 for what we're watching now.

2013 Nominations:

• Outstanding Drama Series
  • Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series - Bryan Cranston
  • Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series - Aaron Paul
  • Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series - Jonathan Banks
  • Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series - Anna Gunn
  • Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series - Michelle MacLaren ("Gliding All Over")
  • Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series - George Mastras ("Dead Freight")
  • Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series - Thomas Schnauz ("Say My Name")
IMDB has a full list of nominations here. Kelly Dixon, who also hosts the BB podcast, won a Creative Arts Emmy last week for Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Drama Series and her work on "Gliding All Over".

Nameless

I think he's desensitized and emotionally beaten down enough now that killing an adult won't affect him. Especially one like Todd, who killed the bicycle kid and is a threat to Brock.

Yeah I feel bad for Jesse. Every time it looks like he's overcoming one tragedy or trauma another one happens. This has been pretty consistent since the beginning of the series. And now, for all intents and purposes the guy's locked in Auschwitz in 2009. Hopefully the Nazi's bring him his old pain meter.

tumblr_mkxol5Oz4D1rihc66o3_250.gif

Frost_Ace

Quick reminder that the 2013 Primetime Emmy Awards are on Sunday. We'll all presumably be watching BB during some of it, so I wanted to highlight a few awards that they're up for. Note that these are nominations based on the first half of season 5, and the show will be eligible in 2014 for what we're watching now.

2013 Nominations:

• Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series - Michelle MacLaren ("Gliding All Over")
IMDB has a full list of nominations here. Kelly Dixon, who also hosts the BB podcast, won a Creative Arts Emmy last week for Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Drama Series and her work on "Gliding All Over".

Cornballer are you doing the general Emmy thread too?

Yeah, I think Walt definitely still, deep down, cares for Jesse. And even though Walt knows that Jesse will never forgive him, he is going to to try to save him. Walt knows he played a major part in fucking up Jesse's life. He'll want to do one good thing before he dies. If he is going to die no matter what, make the last moments meaningful.

Yup. Walt HAS to save Jesse. He just has to. I can't even begin to imagine what I'll be feeling during their next long conversation.

Batigol

Banned

2013 Nominations:

Mike and Jesse for the same award? :(

Yup. Walt HAS to save Jesse. He just has to. I can't even begin to imagine what I'll be feeling during their next long conversation.

Pretty much every single person who is getting this emotionally invested into such a very specific course of events for the last 2 episodes is going to be crushed. I don't know why people are so emotionally invested into specific things happening. Nobody ever said this show was going to have a happy ending, and by all measures, it almost certainly isn't.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I can't wait to do a marathon again of the entire series in a few months. Never are we lucky enough to have a consistently great show from beginning to end that actually does what it set out to in a smart way.

y2dvd

2013 Nominations:

What are they up against and what are their chances of winning for 5a? 5b is an easy sweeps for me.

Lamel

Banned
I can't wait to do a marathon again of the entire series in a few months. Never are we lucky enough to have a consistently great show from beginning to end that actually does what it set out to in a smart way.

This is really the beauty of this show. No bad episodes.

The spectrum is good --> rock your world.

jtb

Banned
Fuck homeland. They only gave them the awards because 4 years in a row would have been obliteration.

Meh. S1 is a damn good singular season of television, easily better than any BB seasons in my book. Cop out finale and all.

S2 is a fucking mess, but it's got a nice show-off-y performance from Danes and Lewis. Voters love that shit.

mr2xxx

Banned
I can think of several explanations.

1) To emphasize the collapse of Walt's empire from a billion dollar business down to a dirty man rolling a barrel through the desert.

2) It also provides additional reason for Walt to leave town. His actual reasons to skip town were relatively few; once Hank was dead (and no one at the DEA knew about it), the only other complication was Marie. Now there is Marie, and also his bullet hole ridden car coincidentally by his brother's dead body.

3) To provide time for the Marie discussion/revelation with Skylar and then Walt Junior to occur.

I would say its mainly 3, it'd be hilarious if Marie was telling Skyler that Hank arrested Walt and Walt walks in like nothing happened.

I would say its mainly 3, it'd be hilarious if Marie was telling Skyler that Hank arrested Walt and Walt walks in like nothing happened.

I'd guess a good 2/3rds of the audience watching thought that's EXACTLY what was going to happen.

"Walt's just going to walk in and Marie's going to freak out and Junior's gonna crutch after everyone all confused as shit and then..."

What are they up against and what are their chances of winning for 5a? 5b is an easy sweeps for me.
Hit that IMDB link for a list of who they're up against.

Yes, their chances are very good next year. I think their chances this year are better in the acting categories than the other ones. There's some discussion of whether Emmy voters will shy away from BB for Drama Series because of the subject matter. Who knows - they're voters and they're fickle. :/
Nothing for Vince?
Outstanding Drama Series basically goes to him if they win.

Meh. S1 is a damn good singular season of television, .easily better than any BB seasons in my book. Cop out finale and all.

S2 is a fucking mess, but it's got a nice show-off-y performance from Danes and Lewis. Voters love that shit.

Disagree with this SO FUCKING HARD.
How can your mind believe this.

People's opinions blow my mind sometimes.

sappyday

Who's going to watch the Spanish remake of BB called "Metastasis"?

It's a real thing.

lol holy shit. I won't watch it but my mom is always watching stuff on Univision so it would funny seeing her watch it (she knows I'm obsessed with BB but doesn't know what it is)

Edit: Also that Skyler is more bomb that OG Skyler

inm8num2

"Si, perra!"
"Yo so el que llama!"
"Yo no estoy en peligro. Yo so el peligro!"
"Jesucristo, Marie. Son minerales."
"Salga de mi territorio."
"Voy a matar tu esposa. Voy a matar su hijo. Voy a matar su hija pequeña."
"Digalo mi nombre."

Mr.Swag

Banned
Is this gonna be a once a week Univision series?
I can finally get my mom into it!!!
I watch reg breakin bad with my dad and he loves it.

Mistle

Is it true that the BB auction accidentally listed spoiler items (for last 2 eps) before quickly removing them? I seriously doubt it as that'd be really dumb.
If true, obviously do not say what it is. But I'm seeing rumors and now getting paranoid of spoilers being out in the wild.

I have a feeling though that people were just mucking around, but I didn't want to take a chance and click the link, haha

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Is it true that the BB auction accidentally listed spoiler items (for last 2 eps) before quickly removing them? I seriously doubt it as that'd be really dumb.
If true, obviously do not say what it is. But I'm seeing rumors and now getting paranoid of spoilers being out in the wild.

I have a feeling though that people were just mucking around, but I didn't want to take a chance and click the link, haha

It's certainly possible. I've seen some tweets about it. This is a pretty big production, sometimes one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing. I'd avoid anything just to be safe.

This site is saying they got confirmation theyre likely fake.

http://twitchy.com/2013/09/20/relax...bad-props-up-for-auction-are-fake-or-are-they

****NOTE***** THE LINK SHOWS THE ITEMS IN QUESTION, CLICK AT OWN RISK

That Walter White's types of lies video really reminded me of how funny Walt's descent into being a crazy person was in S3 and S4 even if it was creepy as well. "This is all about me!" and so many other things he says in S3 and S4 are so delusional, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom