• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - The (Beautiful) Finale - Season 5 Part 2 - Sunday on AMC - OT3

Frost_Ace

Ranking: the podcast

WHY.

Finally finished watching the whole of BB, wow what a ride and that ending was perfect, I didn't like the fact that Walter suddenly lost his shit and gave evidence over the phone out of the blue about who he killed etc, when before he would always be 100% careful, stupid shit like that just to move the plot forward really annoyed me. Also during the shootout they have machine gun firing at hank and co in the wide open and in slow mo and yet didn't get hit once that was the stupidest shit ever. The only filler episode I can think of is the fly being trapped inside the lab, apart from that the episodes were top notch. I'd say the best was the finale of season 4 honestly that was just a great moment. You didn't know what was gonna happen until the end.

oh no you didn't.

Sanjay

Just got my barrel, shit is CASH.

I WANT ONE! this is the best set I have ever seen.
81FI8iPPXSL._SL1500_.jpg

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Just finished the show.

Every single work of fiction... Hell, every single narrative ever told by humans since the first caveman described to his peers how to clean himself after taking a dump led us to this moment.

Breaking Bad is the finest thing ever.

Dany

Banned
I like how Vince said that Gus's partner was just his partner. saying there wasn't anything romantic between them.

I know the show is over but I just can't figure out how Walt got Lydia with the ricin in the steven. Did an employee switch sugar packets with ricin packets?

I know the show is over but I just can't figure out how Walt got Lydia with the ricin in the steven. Did an employee switch sugar packets with ricin packets?

He knew she always sat at the same place from when Walt had his meetings with her. He took all the splenda packets out of the caddy except for one which he put the ricin in and sealed it up.

IronRinn

I think the barrel is tacky and have seasons 1-5 on bluray already....

Am I missing any special features?

There's a special, 2 hour documentary that is exclusive to the set.

And while the barrel might be tacky to you, I think it's an incredible set if only for how the seasons are held inside the barrel. They are clear plastic discs, held together with magnets, that sandwich the discs. Each has a piece of a screen printed element. For example, the holder for season two each has a layer printed on it that, when lined up, forms the image of the one-eyed stuffed bear. Really cool shit.

There's a special, 2 hour documentary that is exclusive to the set.

And while the barrel might be tacky to you, I think it's an incredible set if only for how the seasons are held inside the barrel. They are clear plastic discs, held together with magnets, that sandwich the discs. Each has a piece of a screen printed element. For example, the holder for season two each has player printed on it that, when lined up, forms the image of the one-eyed stuffed bear. Really cool shit.

Ooh that's pretty neat. Idk, it's not too bad I just don't like colletors editions. I like my blu-rays stacked neatly.

- Collider with a report on the BB writer's room panel at a WGA even last night:
The lively panel, moderated by former The Walking Dead Showrunner Glen Mazzara and featuring Sam Catlin, Peter Gould, Gennifer Hutchinson, George Mastras, Moira Walley-Beckett, Thomas Schnauz, and of course Vince Gilligan was full of insight and laughs as the crew reminisced about abandoned home invasion subplots, alternate character deaths, the structure of the writer’s room, alternate endings for the series, Gilligan shooting himself in the thigh with a dart, and much, much more.

What I would give to see an alternative ending with the final two episodes concerning that idea of Jesse breaking Walt out of prison with the assault rifle and a prison bus...

Can imagine it now. Intense music and a close up of Jesse's face as he drives the bus towards the prison. Shot from the side of the wheel. Shot of Walt sitting calmly in his cell. Ahhhh.

Got my barrel today and immediately tested season 4's subtitles for spanish dialogue. Looks like they're still broken. Pretty disappointing. Was really hoping that would be fixed by now

Is this the issue you have? http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=199091
If so, theres a fix that supposedly works in the second post.

Yeah, I had to use that fix on the fourth season set when it came out. Actually though, upon further examination it seems like the new discs actually do something different. The spanish dialogue subs work now without that trick, but if I mess with the subtitle options at all, I have to use the fix again to get subs for only the spanish stuff. And messing with system level subs on a PS4 seems to completely wreck subs until the system is restarted

I guess the first time I tested it I had hit the subtitle button to make sure they were completely off, which seems to have fucked it up. If you never mess with the settings at all it should work fine by default now, I think

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Hey yall, barrel is back in stock on the Breaking Bad store. Was so waiting for this. use BBSeries15 for 15% off. It's a little more pricy but I didn't mind paying extra, been wanting this bad.

AMC said:
AMC has announced it will air two back-to-back marathons of its Emmy Award-winning original dramas Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead. A four-day Breaking Bad marathon, which kicks off at noon ET/PT each day from Fri., Dec. 27 through Mon., Dec. 30, will feature every episode from the series’ critically acclaimed five seasons, making AMC the only destination for cable subscribers to watch every Breaking Bad episode for free.

Top Bottom