• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking: School shooting in San Bernadino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gattsu25

Banned
Shit. RIP to the injured and deceased.

So this asshole brought his domestic dispute into a school, shot (killed?) his wife and then injured others at the school including an 8 year old who has passed away?

People who are going to commit murder-suicides: just kill yourself first. Leave the murder out of it.

Ekdrm2d1

Shit. RIP to the injured and deceased.

So this asshole brought his domestic dispute into a school, shot (killed?) his wife and then injured others at the school including an 8 year old who has passed away?

People who are going to commit murder-suicides: just kill yourself first. Leave the murder out of it.

They're cowards.

Thankfully I was raised in a house hold that doesn't believe in guns.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Students that got hit weren't intended targets. At least what I gather from reports I have seen.

------

GkxP5T6.png

https://twitter.com/mayalau/status/851570414773870592

People who have a been convicted of domestic violence cannot legally own a firearm. Unfortunately it does not explicitly require existing guns to be handed in to authorities.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
People who have a been convicted of domestic violence cannot legally own a firearm. Unfortunately it does not explicitly require existing guns to be handed in to authorities.

Never said he was convicted though, just a history. That could be police reports and nothing more.

I'm sure the deceased and their families are taking comfort in the fact that their deaths have given you the opportunity to make a shitty half-joke about the president's genitals. Well done buddy.

Fingers crossed for the wounded.

I think you missed the point.

It's not a joke about genitals. But a light hearted and very obvious and extremely on the nose commentary of how the president would only care about this if it was a non white person. Specifically if it was a Muslim, at San Bernardino again, he would be ecstatic. Could you imagine the glee? It would be disgusting.

Pretty sure most people got it, but maybe not.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'm still trying to comprehend on why the 2 kids were shot
Where they in the way, I swear to god if those 2 kids died because they were by the teacher and considered collateral damage, just no word can describe the seething hate I have for guns

Would be super heart broken if those 2 kids stood up or came to the aid of their teacher =, just thinking that I get misty eyed

Dmented

Banned
IMO a person like this who not only goes into a fucking school full of children for a murder suicide, but ALSO shoot/kill children as well, they don't even deserve a funeral. Toss that motherfucker in the trash.

It's one thing to do your stupid bullshit without any others having to "deal" with it, it's another to scar innocent children for life AND kill them. Fuck this piece of shit.

Airola

WHY WOULD HE DO THIS AT THE FUCKING SCHOOL???? WHAT THE FUCK?!

Maybe his mental issues were so bad at that moment that he didn't think about it further.
Or maybe he though about it and thought it would show her wife how serious he is about this.

People with mental issues and who have already decided to kill themselves don't think straight. They might be consumed by anger and other things so much that they would not see the negatives in what they are doing, or are actually thinking the negatives are the positives when it comes to having a revenge.

For example, there was this woman in Finland who had been arguing with her spouse. The spouse then went on a work trip with a bus. She followed him. She stopped the bus on a bus stop and went in to argue with him more. She was asked to leave the bus. She left, thought fuck it, drove past the bus, made a U-turn and drove towards the bus at high speed and crashed.

She died... along with her 1, 2 and 6 year old children who were in the car. No-one in the bus died. Imagine what the guy must have felt... Two of the kids were his biological children too. She must've been thinking about it as the ultimate act of revenge on her part. Like "I hate you so much that I will let you witness my and our kids deaths."

When people go crazy, they go crazy. They don't think, except in some super twisted logic at that point.

Ekdrm2d1

Maybe his mental issues were so bad at that moment that he didn't think about it further.
Or maybe he though about it and thought it would show her wife how serious he is about this.

People with mental issues and who have already decided to kill themselves don't think straight. They might be consumed by anger and other things so much that they would not see the negatives in what they are doing, or are actually thinking the negatives are the positives when it comes to having a revenge.

For example, there was this woman in Finland who had been arguing with her spouse. The spouse then went on a work trip with a bus. She followed him. She stopped the bus on a bus stop and went in to argue with him more. She was asked to leave the bus. She left, thought fuck it, drove past the bus, made a U-turn and drove towards the bus at high speed and crashed.

She died... along with her 1, 2 and 6 year old children who were in the car. No-one in the bus died. Imagine what the guy must have felt... Two of the kids were his biological children too. She must've been thinkin about it as the ultimate act of revenge on her part. Like "I hate you so much that I will let you witness my and our kids deaths."

When people go crazy, they go crazy. They don't think, except in some super twisted logic at that point.

That story. The fck?

Re: Mental illness

I wonder if killing somebody (in general) is a mental health problem. Don't know how to explain it. People who kill others have mental health issues.

Edit: That doesn't sound right.

aBarreras

She died... along with her 1, 2 and 6 year old children who were in the car. No-one in the bus died. Imagine what the guy must have felt... Two of the kids were his biological children too. She must've been thinking about it as the ultimate act of revenge on her part. Like "I hate you so much that I will let you witness my and our kids deaths."

holy fuck....

is it me or has school shootings become a lot rarer lately? that or they aren't getting as much attention as they used to which would be terrible.
Not getting attentiin at all is what would actually being them down from happening quite a bit. But people can't have not knowing.

j_rocca42

I feel so so bad for the parents of the kid who died. I have a four year old and I'd like to think she's safe at school. Makes me want to cry. SMGDH

Nooo...just saw that a child died. :(

When I have children this is going to be my biggest fear...everything that these people do is sick. SICK.

j_rocca42

Nooo...just saw that a child died. :(

When I have children this is going to be my biggest fear...everything that these people do is sick. SICK.
It changes you for sure. I hate hate hate seeing things happen to children. Before I had a kid I never really paid too much attention to it.

aBarreras

It changes you for sure. I hate hate hate seeing things happen to children. Before I had a kid I never really paid too much attention to it.

i always had this feeling since my brother was born, the dread of imagining something happening to him was awful, and i was like 10 years old back then!

he is like 19 now, and i still dread thinking of something happening to him, i cant fathom how parents are feeling right now

Ekdrm2d1

i always had this feeling since my brother was born, the dread of imagining something happening to him was awful, and i was like 10 years old back then!

he is like 19 now, and i still dread thinking of something happening to him, i cant fathom how parents are feeling right now

Wonder if they're going to become anti-gun activists.

A lot more because if you can't make significant changes after something like Sandy Hook, you never will.

Yup.

The moment that we let our racism and/or politics trump the very safety of our children was the day that we decided we'd defend guns to the end.

Nepenthe

I've given up. I can't muster up the emotional energy to feel anything but a begrudging apathy anymore. America has long since made its bed regarding gun violence and now needs to lay in it. With the NRA and Republicans existing as entities, absolutely nothing is going to change. This country is just fucking shit with guns.

RIP to the two victims.

Yup.

The moment that we let our racism and/or politics trump the very safety of our children was the day that we decided we'd defend guns to the end.

Yep and such a bill would get laughed off in legislature in this current state before it evens gets introduced. Nothing will be done

Not

Banned
:( Just caught up

Man, driving back into San Bernardino is going to be hard tonight

Why guns

Why is it such a big deal to have guns

Why are people so disassociated with reality

UncleMeat

IMO a person like this who not only goes into a fucking school full of children for a murder suicide, but ALSO shoot/kill children as well, they don't even deserve a funeral. Toss that motherfucker in the trash.

It's one thing to do your stupid bullshit without any others having to "deal" with it, it's another to scar innocent children for life AND kill them. Fuck this piece of shit.

Totally agree.

I think you missed the point.

It's not a joke about genitals. But a light hearted and very obvious and extremely on the nose commentary of how the president would only care about this if it was a non white person. Specifically if it was a Muslim, at San Bernardino again, he would be ecstatic. Could you imagine the glee? It would be disgusting.

Oh I got what you were going for. I was mostly commenting about how wildly inappropriate it is to basically use the still-warm corpses of today's victims as a soapbox to stand upon and bleat about the president's supposed racist leanings.

did Trump even say anything about this yet? i'm guessing he'll mention how it would've been better if the teachers and staff carried guns on them.

Greddleok

Fuck, this is plain disgusting. I've not read the whole thread yet, but can anyone confirm whether the shooter was a child or an adult?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Talking with a friend today who may or may not be a psychologist: "The United story is getting more attention because that situation is more relatable to the rest of us and we can put ourselves in the position of the victim more easily".

I guess I'd add that we like to bury our heads in the sand regarding our national gun culture. The entire situation is probably more complicated though. Pageviews also are factor.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Talking with a friend today who may or may not be a psychologist: "The United story is getting more attention because that situation is more relatable to the rest of us and we can put ourselves in the position of the victim more easily".

I guess I'd add that we like to bury our heads in the sand regarding our national gun culture. The entire situation is probably more complicated though. Pageviews also are factor.

I think the fact that these were "minority" victims also plays into it. Beyond fucked up. I don't even see this story on the front page of CNN anymore. A photo of the child who was killed was released as well. Heart breaks seeing that shit. As a parent I don't even know how someone can go on after having your child taken from you like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom