• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - E3 2021 Teaser - Nintendo Direct

Tams

It looks great, as, well, Breath of the Wild did and still does.

But the world still looks rather 'dead' from the little we saw. Better than Breath of the Wild, but that was one of the major issues I had with it.

Majukun

so everyone thought they would add caves and subterranean parts, instead they added sky islands.

Not much more could be said about the game really, iit seems really behind in terms of development

Mato

I love Zelda and i adore BOTW. But I have to be honest. I am not happy with what I saw. It looks too similar to BOTW, almost like DLC. I have no doubt that it will be good but it's hard to get excited about it. I felt happier when I saw Link's Awakening in that handheld thing.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Got some sort of cool glove thing on his right arm.

When I first saw it, I thought maybe he lost his sword hand.

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
Look interesting, they are certainly trying something new. Polishing up all those abilities is gonna take time, it might be pushed to 2023.

Looks like they are focusing on flying around, I suppose because the sailcloth is awesome and satisfying as all hell. So I guess you can travel between the skies and the ground? interesting. Zelda fell into a hole, so I guess she's not playable.

elliot5

Looks very similar to botw with a few new gadgets to work with. Will need to see more. I wasn't even huge on BOTW anyway. I guess it makes sense that Hyrule is the same because it's a direct sequel... Wonder what's up with the floating islands. Is this why they are releasing skyward sword first? Lol

Termite

If the map is actually BotW's Hyrule with some sky islands that would be the worst possible outcome. The visuals and engine are the same as BotW, I can't understand how this will end up having taken 5 years in development and not come up with a whole, massive new map from scratch.

Also, in 2017 I was hugely underwhelmed with BotW's graphics. Took a while to get over, but ultimately it became my GotY. I still argue it's not great graphically. So that level of graphics in 2022 will be super rough - I really hope the visuals scale well with the Super Switch.

Overall a really underwhelming trailer for what will probably be an amazing game. Just hugely worried about the map, though. Discovering a new area from scratch was 90% of the joy of BotW. People have put in 100s of hours into that map. No matter what "tweaks" they make to it, knowing roughly where villages are etc would just spoil it.

Last edited:

GymWolf

It looks good even if they are copying the red plague from horizon fw, well if you can't beat em....

Oh ok, now i understand why people do bullshit posts like this all the time, it is kinda fun, not gonna lie :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Fushitsusha

Banned
so everyone thought they would add caves and subterranean parts, instead they added sky islands.
Probably both. Nintendo can go crazy with content above and below, removing a lot of the shackles that comes with the territory of keeeping most of Hyrule from the original (with changes to reflect the story in this sequel.)

Last edited:

Cravis

Looks like it’s more of Majora’s Mask to Ocarina of Time than a full blown sequel. Oh well. Still looks fun.

gow3isben

Looks like the same shit. I am sure people who liked the first will be happy.

Elden Ring is the only decent trailer we have got this E3.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
This was really underwhelming for something they have been working on for 4 years, and that also clearly reuses the map as well as a lot of other stuff from the original.

Last edited:

SinDelta

If Breath of the Wild 2 is releasing in 2022, it will be throwing down with Elden Ring for GOTY.

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Great news! I'm not really into Nintendo games, so I hardly use my Switch for anything except to relax with little point and click adventure games. BUT I really did like BotW and have really been looking forward to getting the sequel.

2022 is going to be insane for gamers. Starfield, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and this game alone make it awesome and there are tons more games I want to play coming next year..

Top Bottom