• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breath of the Wild is the official subtitle for Zelda U/NX, first gameplay trailer

I'm getting the feeling that this is a re-make of the original or something. Desolate landscape, emphasis on exploration and adventure, Old Man at the beginning... crumbling temples.

dmr87

dSSb.png

Tigress

I might buy a Wii U cheap for this when I can get a Wii U cheap (has to be cheap enough to justify for one game honestly as I'd be buying it just for this game).

My only qualm is wondering if the NX version will have any features the Wii U doesn't (or if it will just be better framerate/resolution. I can deal with that compromise).

Rich!

holy shit hooooooooooly shit

this is basically Zelda 1 in 3D! so hyped! The only negative point is that I have to endure another five+ years of people begging for a female link.

Madchad

It looks really empty so far they need to add some basic slimes / bats or something just to bring those buildings to life a bit more. As it stands its walking simulator.

Griss

I hated the trailer, but this opening is really bringing me back around.

I want to play this game. This is good. They really are using all the open-world gameplay tropes.

That trailer was shit though. Really bad. And I'm still disappointed that the combat looks simplistic and the other stuff isn't voiced.

But that gameplay demo...? Yeah. I like it.

Oersted

Hmm, looks okey-ish. I expected much more to be honest.

- looks to cartoony, expected much more mature look
- looks so empty
- dull fights looks so easy
- the world is big but doesnt seem alive

let the defence force begin to prove that my opinion is wrong

Besides treating maturity and cartoony as opposites being a sign of immaturity of yours, you are not really alone if you bothered to read the thread.

bounchfx

Looks fucking dope. Looks fun. Looks like a lot of fresh mechanics. And most importantly, looks like a game rather than some forced overly cinematic pile of try hard. Can't wait!

NateDrake

I want to play this game. This is good. They really are using all the open-world gameplay tropes.

That trailer was shit though. Really bad. And I'm still disappointed that the combat looks simplistic and the other stuff isn't voiced.

This is why people shouldn't judge the game based on a trailer when we knew hrs worth of gameplay was coming.

I don't get the visual complaints. It's not doing anything state-of-the-art, but it looks absolutely divine. This game's visuals are going to age incredibly well, in a fashion similar to Wind Waker. I have a feeling this game will shine on the NX, can't wait for footage of that.

I'm really excited. The voice acting gave me chills, and the game looks like pure fun. It might not be as complex as others in its genre, but this only means Nintendo is concentrating the experience as best they can. Can't wait for a chance to watch gameplay sometime today.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member

Glad you came around to it! I'm definitely impressed by it. I will echo another poster saying that it's nice to not have a forced tutorial but they dump you into the game. I love how bulked up with gear Link is. This is basically my personal love letter for an open world RPG. Not even counting how much it reminds me of Shadow of the Colossus.

pringles

Hmm, looks okey-ish. I expected much more to be honest.

- looks to cartoony, expected much more mature look
- looks so empty
- dull fights looks so easy
- the world is big but doesnt seem alive

let the defence force begin to prove that my opinion is wrong
Unsure why you expected a different look when we already knew the artstyle? Completely disagree about it looking 'cartoony' but that's your opinion.
The rest just seems to early to tell.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Woah. I'm absolutely speechless. This is the best game shown at E3 so far, if you ask me. It blows absolutely everything away for me.

ultrazilla

Nothing substantial has been spoiled this far imo. I have watched all of it.

The official trailer looked alot more crisp, colorful/vibrant and detailed then what I just saw with the live Wii U gameplay.

Calling it. That trailer was running on NX hardware.

Top Bottom