• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brigador - Isometric mech combat + 80s synth, now on Steam Early Access

Y1vW5Gx.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/274500/
$19.99, PC/Mac/Linux

Early Access trailer | Contracts trailer

aub8Xfg.jpg
VdgAqAi.png
8gKW7nE.jpg

Great Leader is dead. You have one night to liberate Solo Nobre.

Brigador is an isometric vehicular action game. Choose the right vehicle and weapons to suit your play style, and face off against the occupying factions. Discover tactics and unlock new vehicles and weapons as you clear the city... or die trying.

Then do it all over again.

What is the current state of the Early Access version?
“The current Early Access build has 6 playable vehicles, 18 guns split between 3 different mount categories and 4 weapon types, 9 playable maps, and 1 of the planned 3 enemy factions to face. Currently the game begins with all content unlocked, but once we get the money and unlocking system fully integrated we'll switch over and add the pilots in.”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“The full version of Brigador will have 2 additional weapon mount sizes for a total of 50 usable guns, 3 enemy factions to face totaling 60+ different units to fight, many more maps and new some environments (including currently unseen tilesets like the Necropolis), and a full pilot roster and unlocking system. Overall a more robust set of playable content and proper integration into Steam.”

KiqQ0En.jpg
Xel8Ruh.jpg

HCbIseY.jpg
rZ7pWT0.jpg

Brydo0

Neo Member
My skill progression is slow, but I'm in it for the long haul. In love with the OST, aesthetic and map layouts. Super happy for the team, and their launch!

Chillz0r

Banned
That looks............. great?!

20 bucks seems a bit on the high side for an impulse buy but i'll definitely keep an eye on it.

HughSJ

Neo Member
here's the most recent changelog:

-switched Loyalist spotter agrav to 'tank destroyer' behavior (unit closes until in range of target, stops moving until target is out of range)
-revised spotter stun laser to fire continuously, increased daze
-increased 'Zeus' railgun impact daze
-significantly increased 'Toaster' laser RoF
-increased 'Galinha' mass driver magazine size
-all 3 spaceports are now selectable on Solo Nobre run
-increased 'Drillbit' cannon dmg vs all types, decreased magazine size, increased daze
-decreased 'Abbot' cannon magazine size, decreased impact daze, increased explosion daze

If you guys want to see the full update we've posted an announcement on it:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/274500/announcements/detail/65661472576185805

Just watched Austin's Giantbomb quick look and I'm enthralled with this game!

Seems like a spiritual successor to Future Cop LAPD back on the PS1 which is one of my favourite games (nostalgia goggles).

Definitely gonna support the devs on this.

derExperte

Just watched Austin's Giantbomb quick look and I'm enthralled with this game!

Completely missed the QL. And that this game which is highly relevant to my interests exists (though tbh I hoped it would be more like a new Mech Commander after seeing the screens but I won't complain). Wishlisted for now.

Top Bottom